DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #31
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Here is our view from 1070 in Ewa tower.




Today we went down to the end of the path beyond the Marriott timeshares and found the sea turtle lagoon. It's quite rocky, but we waded out onto the rocks and had sea turtles coming very close to us. BIG waves today both at Aulani and up on the North shore. I haven' uploaded the videos to my computer yet, but I got some great surfing video.
So are you in the long wing of the Ewa building (phase 3)?! Can't wait to hear more details....
__________________
Sadly, no countdown tickers at the moment.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]


[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #32
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran
 
ABE4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Too far from the magic!!!
Posts: 621

Sure looks nice! Hope you are having a fabulous time!
__________________
DH, DW, DS12, DD8


ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
CocosMeme
DIS Veteran
 
CocosMeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 664

We had the same view in November - just a few floors higher. Loved it!!! We really enjoyed the music each night just below us from the outdoor lounge. Have fun - I know we did. I would have been happy to just stay put at the resort every day (which we did for 3 days of 7), but we also enjoyed our rental car excursions to the north shore and around the island. We spent 2 mornings at Pearl Harbor (DH is retired Air Force). We will definately go back.
__________________
CocosMeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #34
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaChill View Post
Diane -

Did you notice that in addition to one tower being closed (they even pulled the lanai furniture while we were there), it seemed that the first floor units in Ewa weren't being used. One day we saw them drilling circle outlines into the concrete on those lanais and speculated that they're going to be putting up some type of gate in front of those units. We never asked if that was what they were doing, but it does make sense. If you have a kid on one of those rooms it's pretty easy to think they could get away from you in the Valley area and into a pool. I have to say, I do love the "clean" look of no fences or gates there though.

Hope you're having fun! It's 17 in MN today!

PS: You could still book a food tour, you know. It's so worth it! As soon as you register, they send you a whole list of restaurants to try on the different islands. I think they do them each day. Hawaiifoodtours.com
Wianea building is closed with no furniture on any of the balconies, and they seem to be putting up railings on then first floor patios. Ewa tower first floor units don't have the railings. Only the 10th floor in Wianea has furniture. I assume that is the preview unit. The studio connected to our unit is empty, so it's not totally full here.

FYI, we had wonderful food at Makahiki last night. I think we'll try Ama Ama tonight or Sunday.

A special thank you to our DIS friend Jean!!! Such a pleasant unexpected surprise! Thank you, Jean!!!

We are headed to the spa this afternoon.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #35
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaChill View Post
Diane -

Did you notice that in addition to one tower being closed (they even pulled the lanai furniture while we were there), it seemed that the first floor units in Ewa weren't being used. One day we saw them drilling circle outlines into the concrete on those lanais and speculated that they're going to be putting up some type of gate in front of those units. We never asked if that was what they were doing, but it does make sense. If you have a kid on one of those rooms it's pretty easy to think they could get away from you in the Valley area and into a pool. I have to say, I do love the "clean" look of no fences or gates there though.
Sorry, I forgot to answer the rest of this. Ewa tower is all open, or at least appears to be. The first floor units still have no railings, but I do still see the circles. Wianea tower first floor units have holes drilled in the patios, and some already have railings installed. It looks like they are trying to protect the vegetation.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #36
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,925

We have been sitting here trying to figure out which units are DVC and which are hotel. I couldn't figure it out, so I went down to the preview center this morning and asked. It turns out all but on small column of rooms that face the ocean are DVC rooms. That one small column of rooms is regular hotel rooms, but beyond that, all the rest of the hotel rooms face the island and parking.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #37
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
So are you in the long wing of the Ewa building (phase 3)?! Can't wait to hear more details....
Yes, we are in the long portion of Ewa tower, but the first room closest to the forward facing tower.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #38
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 59,420

Gorgeous photos, Diane!
__________________

bobbiwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #39
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....
 
Anal Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MD (DC suburbs)
Posts: 11,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Wianea building is closed with no furniture on any of the balconies, and they seem to be putting up railings on then first floor patios. Ewa tower first floor units don't have the railings. Only the 10th floor in Wianea has furniture. I assume that is the preview unit. The studio connected to our unit is empty, so it's not totally full here.

FYI, we had wonderful food at Makahiki last night. I think we'll try Ama Ama tonight or Sunday.

A special thank you to our DIS friend Jean!!! Such a pleasant unexpected surprise! Thank you, Jean!!!

We are headed to the spa this afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Yes, we are in the long portion of Ewa tower, but the first room closest to the forward facing tower.
So is the resort as wonderful as most people seem to report it to be? Are you pleased? I am glad now that we ended up booking a full week there this summer before we hop to Maui. It will be fun to explore more of the island than what we've done in the past. I am looking forward to seeing the North Shore and the Turtle Bay area. Oh, and I want to take surf lessons! This will be my 5th trip so I figure I'm past due to at least give it a try!! Anxious to hear what you think of Ama Ama and if it's worth it.
__________________
Sadly, no countdown tickers at the moment.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD


















[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]


[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #40
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 1,919

Diane...

It looks like you got a great view, much better than the view I got. But at least I got refunded a bunch of points. I think I would have rather had the better view though.
__________________
Disney parks visited to date:
Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Park, California Adventure, Disneyland Paris, Disney Studios Paris,
Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Hong Kong Disneyland

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #41
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
So is the resort as wonderful as most people seem to report it to be? Are you pleased? I am glad now that we ended up booking a full week there this summer before we hop to Maui. It will be fun to explore more of the island than what we've done in the past. I am looking forward to seeing the North Shore and the Turtle Bay area. Oh, and I want to take surf lessons! This will be my 5th trip so I figure I'm past due to at least give it a try!! Anxious to hear what you think of Ama Ama and if it's worth it.
VERY pleased! This is real service here compared to what we are used to at WDW. The only complaint so far is the inconvenience of the shower. There is only a hand held shower or a rain shower. The rain shower isn't "hard" enough to really rinse out well, and the handheld is worthless if left in place, so you definitely have to take it down and use it as a handheld.

We haven't eaten at Ama Ama yet, but we plan to do that tonight. We loved Makahiki though, and last night we went over to the Marriott two bays over for dinner.

We enjoyed the spa yesterday. Pricey, but absolutely amazing!!!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #42
BCV23


Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
VERY pleased! This is real service here compared to what we are used to at WDW. The only complaint so far is the inconvenience of the shower. There is only a hand held shower or a rain shower. The rain shower isn't "hard" enough to really rinse out well, and the handheld is worthless if left in place, so you definitely have to take it down and use it as a handheld.

We haven't eaten at Ama Ama yet, but we plan to do that tonight. We loved Makahiki though, and last night we went over to the Marriott two bays over for dinner.

We enjoyed the spa yesterday. Pricey, but absolutely amazing!!!
Isn't the spa amazing? Ditto for service at Aulani.

We enjoyed an a la carte dinner at Makahiki, too.

Our shower did not have an hand held nozzle to the best of our memory. A standard one in the tile and the rain forest one. I wonder if you have an accessible unit?

We were in 670/2. Loved the location. Your photos bring back great memories. With wind chill it was 5 degrees mid afternoon here yesterday. Ah, Aulani.

Which restaurant did you try at Marriott Beach Club? We tried the beach front one this time with mixed results. I won't be eager to return but others enjoyed their meals.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.
__________________
BCV23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #43
ONealFamily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 109

Glad you are enjoying it! We have been here since the 8th and are leaving tomorrow :-(

It is perfectly fun to stay at the resort all day!
__________________
We own at Aulani and will be heading there in February 2013 for me and my wife's 4th anniversary. We can't wait!

Have a great day!
ONealFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #44
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,925

The restaurant we ate at in JW Marriott was Chuck's steak and seafood. Today we hiked Diamond Head. When we got back, we decided to look at the shops across the road from Aulani and found a wonderful place to eat. It's called Monkeypod Kitchen, and it's kind of a bar/fusion type place. Very good food! We haven't tried Roy's yet, and might not get there before we leave.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #45
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,925

It's very windy here right now with gusts to 50 MPH. It's supposed to be even windier tomorrow, and there were lots of power issues and downed trees etc.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.