DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #16
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post
When we were there a few weeks ago it appeared they had closed off part of the Ewa wing I thought due to the construction. There appeared to be no guests in the part of the wing where folks would be able to see most of the construction via their room/balcony.
Are you sure its the Ewa Building that has been partially closed off due to construction? Most of the new features -- the kids splash zone, the infinity pool -- are nearer the Waianae Building than the Ewa Building. Aulani opened the Phase 3 villas in the Ewa Building ahead of schedule so that it could move guests away from the Waianae Building villas that directly overlooked the construction.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

Diane I hope you have a terrific stay in the Islands.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

We dream of visiting there someday. Enjoy the anticipation and the trip! Here's some pixie dust that your request is met!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
So the construction is facing the pool and ocean views? I would have expected it to face the lawn area.
The construction is in between the right side of the pool deck (when looking at towards the ocean) in front of the Waianae wing and from the lagoon.

It is also viewable from the AMA AMA and the lagoon.

It's basically in two spots. I posted the pics in the Aulani Expansion Worries thread as they give a better idea than my explanations....

BTW - I got the Ewa and Waianae buildings mixed up earlier in this thread when I said they had part of Ewa wing closed. It was actually the Waianae building.

You will have a good time. The resort, prior to going out to the pool deck and Lagoon is beautiful. My biggest issue with the construction was that it encompasses two "large" areas at the same time. When on the main pool deck you can see the construction walls from most views. I think they should have only tackled one side at a time.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #20
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
Are you sure its the Ewa Building that has been partially closed off due to construction? Most of the new features -- the kids splash zone, the infinity pool -- are nearer the Waianae Building than the Ewa Building. Aulani opened the Phase 3 villas in the Ewa Building ahead of schedule so that it could move guests away from the Waianae Building villas that directly overlooked the construction.
WDRL - you are 100% corect. I was thinking about that today at my daughters meet and it hit me I told Diane wrong. I hunted down the thread when I got home because I felt bad I told her the wrong wing.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
Mom B
DIS Veteran

Wishing you the best on your trip, Diane! After the recent dumping of snow, you must really be looking forward to fun in the sun. Have a wonderful time!
PO 11/92, WL 10/97, OKW/VB 1/99, ASMo/OKW/Royal Mansions 10/02, BWV 1/04, SSR/BWV 1/06, OKW/VB 1/07, SSR 1/09, VB/AKV/SSR 1/10, VB/OKW 1/11, VB/AKV 1/12, VB/First Members Cruise on the Disney Dream/AKV 1/13, BLT 9/13, 40th Anniversary OKW 1/14, VB/AKV/VB Family Reunion Trip 10/14 - The best is yet to come!

10/2004 DVC members Vero Beach 5/2008 DVC members Old Key West 1/09 DVC members Animal Kingdom Kidani
Mom B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Wishing you a wonderful Hawaiian vacation and lots of pixie dust!

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #23
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom B View Post
Wishing you the best on your trip, Diane! After the recent dumping of snow, you must really be looking forward to fun in the sun. Have a wonderful time!
You are absolutely correct! I can't wait to bet out of here and get warmed up!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #24
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Have a great trip!

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #25
Mr_Potts
Mouseketeer

Have a great trip. We'll be checking in on February 23 for our own first stay at Aulani. Looking forward to your updates! My main question is whether the whales are still around!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #26
RoyalCanadian
A Proud DVC Member @ SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post
When we were there a few weeks ago it appeared they had closed off part of the Ewa wing I thought due to the construction. There appeared to be no guests in the part of the wing where folks would be able to see most of the construction via their room/balcony.
It was actually the opposite -- the Waianae Building villas were not being used Jan. 18-25. The main construction is at the end of this wing and the construction sounds were reverberating throughout the building.

We were in the Ewa Wing on the 12th floor with an ocean view/Waikolohe Valley view room. We could see the construction and hear it, however it was neither an impediment upon our view or a detriment to our relaxation.

Neil

WDW November '97 Offsite; DLRP-MK September '04 Offsite; WDW January '05 SSR 1BR; DLR-MK July '05 Offsite; WDW March '06 OKW-2BR; WDW New Year's '07 SSR-2BR; WDW September - October '09 MNSSHP AKV-1BR Kidani; WDW March '10 AKV-2BR Kidani; WDW January '11 SSR-THV; WDW August '11 OKW-Studio; WDW January '12 Family Fiesta 5k BWV-1BR; Hawaii January '13 Aulani-Studio
WDW August '14 AKV-2BR Kidani
WDW February '15
DCL Disney Magic Baltic July '15
RoyalCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #27
dianeschlicht

Here is our view from 1070 in Ewa tower.

Today we went down to the end of the path beyond the Marriott timeshares and found the sea turtle lagoon. It's quite rocky, but we waded out onto the rocks and had sea turtles coming very close to us. BIG waves today both at Aulani and up on the North shore. I haven' uploaded the videos to my computer yet, but I got some great surfing video.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #28
dianeschlicht

Just to clarify, it is indeed the Wainaea building that is closed on the end near the construction. The construction isn't a big problem at all.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #29
arthur06
DDC #689

That sure beats a Minnesota winter!

Have a wonderful time

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #30
MinnesotaChill
Mouseketeer

Diane -

Did you notice that in addition to one tower being closed (they even pulled the lanai furniture while we were there), it seemed that the first floor units in Ewa weren't being used. One day we saw them drilling circle outlines into the concrete on those lanais and speculated that they're going to be putting up some type of gate in front of those units. We never asked if that was what they were doing, but it does make sense. If you have a kid on one of those rooms it's pretty easy to think they could get away from you in the Valley area and into a pool. I have to say, I do love the "clean" look of no fences or gates there though.

Hope you're having fun! It's 17 in MN today!

PS: You could still book a food tour, you know. It's so worth it! As soon as you register, they send you a whole list of restaurants to try on the different islands. I think they do them each day. Hawaiifoodtours.com
MinnesotaChill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: