Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
sandrakit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove
2 years ago I left our cabin steward a gift on the bed before turn down time and he couldn't thank me enough. Since we live in grape/wine country, it's only fitting for me to leave a bottle of wine and other grape items...Roland was great..hopefully he will be ours on our next cruise...
Was your stateroom host Roland Sanio ? If so he was my stateroom host In 2012 & last month I sailed on the Dream & I found him & gave him treats & he was sooooo thankful !
sandrakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #17
jacobsmommy
DIS Veteran

Quick question: if I bring a case of candy bars (like from Costco) to give to CMs, do they have to be in our carry on bags?

[/url]
Cast of our trip: Me DH our 10 year old boy our 6 year old girl
jacobsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #18
sandrakit
Mouseketeer

I packed all my treats in my checked luggage
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #19
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
I thought that CM were not allowed to contact guests.
More, my understanding is that CMs are not allowed to accept monetary gifts. Stateroom hosts or servers can, but CMs from clubs or front desk cannot. Or at least that money goes to a pool for parties for all of them.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #20
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Hi. Treats and gifts are new to me. What kinds of treats and gifts are you talking about? I didn't know we could do that and I would like to have some items on hand to give. Thank you.
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #21
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
Hi. Treats and gifts are new to me. What kinds of treats and gifts are you talking about? I didn't know we could do that and I would like to have some items on hand to give. Thank you.
Candy and chocolate are the norm. But I would say, don't skimp. Think about Halloween and what you would throw away. Others have given out calling cards, specially for foreign hosts/servers, who would love to call home when they reach the US ports...

We prepare little bags with Hershey or Kisses for example. Also, you would do that as a thank you if you would want to have a pillow case or photo mat autographed by the characters.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #22
Yippie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrakit View Post
Hello everyone , I just received a beautiful thank you note through Facebook from a DCL worker / CM thanking me for my gifts ( candies & chocolate bars ) and a little extra $$ ! He said he really appreciated the treats & extra money & that he was eating his treats slowly as he loved them so much ! This made my day ... I know there is a lot of chat wondering if they really like getting treats but everyone I gave treats to were truly appreciative ! On my last cruise I gave a few things to the pool attendant & he had tears in his eyes . He said he had never been given anything before & after that he always came over when he saw me & thanked me again .
Small tokens of appreciation are huge to others !
That's so nice of you! with all the packing and planning I never would have thought of packing treats for CMs

now to keep them hidden from DH and the kids...

Yippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #23
sandrakit
Mouseketeer

I went after Christmas & got great deals ! It was only the outside package that was holiday decorated . February 15 th ill be heading out to the stores to see if I can get left over candy & I will be looking at Costco to get a couple of bulk items .
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #24
bengals01
DIS Veteran

They love to receive treats. When I give stuff to previous castmembers I had as servers, the other castmembers harass them. I have acutally gotten gifts from castmembers. I received a beautiful shirt and my husband got 2 shirts from the Phillipines our last cruise.
bengals01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #25
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Yes, Roland Sanio...He was awesome..wonder if I can request him for our next cruise?

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #26
miker1251
If you can dream it, you can do it.

I used Nassau day to go the the Bacardi Rum Cake store and get a gift pack containing 6 miniature rum cakes. My stepdaughter and I split them and gave them to our cabin host and hostess. My only regret is not having gotten more for me.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #27
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
I thought that CM were not allowed to contact guests.
We have sailed several times with another family, and they always sail concierge and typically stay in one of the suites. There is a lady that they've had multiple times as their stateroom host/concierge, and she has even come to Kansas and stayed with them for about a week. They've developed a close relationship over the years, so I guess I didn't realize that CM's weren't supposed to be in contact with guests outside of the cruise.

One time we all went to WDW, and she gave us park tickets. I think she won them or was just given them as a CM, but she wasn't going to use them, so she kindly gave them to all of us. She's a pretty great lady and stays in close contact with our friends.

Susan

09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #28
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

I'm going to give my CM candy with homemade thank you wrappers on then. I'm also planning on giving them calling cards and a few other goodies... It is always nice to spread the pixie dust to the CM's too
Old 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #29
tamara2298
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
2 years ago I left our cabin steward a gift on the bed before turn down time and he couldn't thank me enough. Since we live in grape/wine country, it's only fitting for me to leave a bottle of wine and other grape items...Roland was great..hopefully he will be ours on our next cruise...
I have been using the search option all day just trying to find out if the CM's can accept something like wine and continue to come up empty handed. Is there ever an issue with this?

My DD 8 and I will be taking our fourth Disney cruise in a few weeks, but our 1st without DH, as he has to work. In fact, we have canceled a few DCL trips due to his work. I saw a VGT rate pop up a few days ago and decided to just go ahead and book a short getaway for us girls...I still can't believe I hit the purchase button! Neither can my DH...Needless to say, this is the shortest time frame we have ever had to get things together and I simply don't have time to be too creative this time around.

I would like to be prepared with some small bottles of sparkling wine to leave with some of the CMs upon our departure. I would appreciate any information about whether it is easy for the CM and if they are indeed allowed to accept it with no issues. Thanks so much!
tamara2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #30
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer

We left out room steward the beer that we took on board and didn't drink, along with a lot of other stuff. She asked us to write a note to her supervisor listing what we were leaving an then she could take it. She couldn't/wouldn't take anything until she had that note.
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: