Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
mommyof3grlz
Mouseketeer

Which snorkeling?

We are going on the April 29th 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream. It will be my husband, 3 daughters ages 18, 16, and 14 and my oldest daughter's best friend who is 17. I need opinions on whether to do the Carribean Queen Snorkel Tour in Nassau or just snorkel at Castaway Cay? Thanks everyone!
mommyof3grlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Tagging a 3rd Nassau option to OP's question about good snorkeling...

How's Blue Island/Lagoon/whatever it's called - if you just do the beach excursion and swim out to ocean on your own?
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
kikids
Mouseketeer

I posted a review on the Caribbean Queen snorkel tour a while back:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2415872

On that particular cruise it was too windy to snorkel at CC (of course it was February), so we were glad we did the excursion at Nassau, even though overall it was just okay. Since then we have been to CC again and have been able to snorkel. Castaway Cay snorkeling is easy, convenient (right off the beach), and cheap. There are fun things to see in the water and there are indeed fish. If I new 100% that you'd have beautiful weather both days I'd suggest just doing CC. But if you want an outing while at Nassau - and the whole boat ride is part of the experience - then go ahead and book the Queen.

Hope that helps.
Disney Fantasy 2014, Disney Magic 2013 (Mediterranean) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124303, Disney Magic 2012, Disney Dream 2011, Disney Wonder 2010, POP 2012, CBR 2010, POR 2009, Off property 2002-2008, SeaWorld 2010, 2011.

kikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Disneygal19
I love ºoº

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3grlz View Post
We are going on the April 29th 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream. It will be my husband, 3 daughters ages 18, 16, and 14 and my oldest daughter's best friend who is 17. I need opinions on whether to do the Carribean Queen Snorkel Tour in Nassau or just snorkel at Castaway Cay? Thanks everyone!

We did the Carribean Queen Snorkel tour last year and loved it. It was my mother's first time snorkeling and the crew on the boat really took the time to help her and calm her fears of the open ocean. The boat ride was nice and we had about 45-1 hour of snorkel time. All the eqipment was clean, they sell fish food to attract more fish, and the crew dove down to bring up star fish for us all to hold below is a link to a video I took while doing it. I have snorkeled at CC as well and there are both amazing! Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyWt4...bk9PJxF8GtqLY=
Disneygal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Very nice video! Thank you for posting! And thanks to all of you for providing feedback on this excursion. It's helped me decide to book it when we're in Nassau next October.
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
Tagging a 3rd Nassau option to OP's question about good snorkeling...

How's Blue Island/Lagoon/whatever it's called - if you just do the beach excursion and swim out to ocean on your own?
I don't think it is possible. The beach at BL is pretty far in and roped off. The launches that bring you to the lagoon go in and out of a pretty small inlet, with rocks on both sides. I doubt you are allowed to swim outside the roped area.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: