Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #1
markmcalear
Mouseketeer

Disney Saratoga Springs Question

I am planning on travelling to Disney World and would like to stay at Saratoga Springs. There are 2 adults, 3 children and 2 infants.

Previously I have stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we were able to get 2 adjoining rooms.

Does anybody know if the studio rooms at Saratoga Springs are hotel like so that I could get adjoining rooms? Or would I need to upgrade to a 2 or 3 bedroom villa?

Thanks in advance
markmcalear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

There are no connecting studios at the DVC resorts. You would have to go to a villa arrangement.

You can find information regarding DVC resorts on the DVC board.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
malacajo
Mouseketeer

I have a secondary question about Saratoga Springs....Do we have to be DVC members to stay there??
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post
I have a secondary question about Saratoga Springs....Do we have to be DVC members to stay there??
Nope, not at all. You can stay at any of the DVC resorts on a cash reservation, subject to availability. They'll appear on the Disney reservations site along with all the other Disney resorts......for cash reservations, Disney refers to them as "Deluxe Villa Resorts".
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcalear View Post
I am planning on travelling to Disney World and would like to stay at Saratoga Springs. There are 2 adults, 3 children and 2 infants.

Previously I have stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we were able to get 2 adjoining rooms.

Does anybody know if the studio rooms at Saratoga Springs are hotel like so that I could get adjoining rooms? Or would I need to upgrade to a 2 or 3 bedroom villa?

Thanks in advance
In Disney resort-speak, "adjoining" simply means "next to each other or nearby". I think you might mean "connecting", which refers to two rooms side-by-side with an internal door between the rooms, so that you can go from one room to another without going out into the corridor.

There are no connecting studios at any resort. Some two-bedroom villas are made up of a studio connected to a one-bedroom, but studios don't connect to each other.

For your party, then, yes, you would need at least a two-bedroom villa to keep everyone together.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
Nope, not at all. You can stay at any of the DVC resorts on a cash reservation, subject to availability. They'll appear on the Disney reservations site along with all the other Disney resorts......for cash reservations, Disney refers to them as "Deluxe Villa Resorts".
Oh thanks so much
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcalear View Post

Thanks in advance
I would look into a 2 bdrm. villa. That will give you a master bedroom with a king bed, the living area with a double/queen sleep sofa, and the second bedroom with a queen bed and a sleep sofa. And that second bedroom will have it's own bathroom and kitchenette..it's actually a studio villa attached to a one bedroom.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I would look into a 2 bdrm. villa. That will give you a master bedroom with a king bed, the living area with a double/queen sleep sofa, and the second bedroom with a queen bed and a sleep sofa. And that second bedroom will have it's own bathroom and kitchenette..it's actually a studio villa attached to a one bedroom.
This two bedroom would be a lock off. Meaning a one bedroom connected to a studio. You can also get a dedicated two bedroom villa. In a dedicated two bedroom villa, you'd have one king bed, one queen sleeper sofa in the living room and two queen beds in the second bedroom at SSR. And no kitchenette in the dedicated two bedroom. It cannot be split into a studio and a one bedroom.

A lockoff would have a king bed and queen sleeper sofa in the one bedroom portion and a queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the studio portion. With a kitchnette and another entrance to the villa.

You are a party of six plus one under the age of three (only one of your infants will not count towards room occupancy limits).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: