Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
tink70
Just keep swimming.....

trying to plan trip to Eurodisney- advice please....

Thinking about going to Europe for the reinterment of King Richard III, and of course while I am there I would like to visit Paris Disneyland.
I have a few questions, and am also looking for advice. We would be there sometime in August 2014

How many days are recommended? Would one be enough? I’m an avid Disney fan, been many times to the world, I just want a feel of the park. Im mostly going for England.

Any recommendations on where to stay?

Dining recommendations? My DD and I are a bit fussy….

We don’t speak French, I plan on trying to learn a little before we go, how awful will it be for us?

Lastly any recommendations on what I should not miss, I am dying to see sleeping beauty’s castle, it looks incredible….

Thanks in advance!

6/2013- Dolphin -Girl Trip Again!
6/2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge- Girl trip!
12/2010 - Disney Wonder 3 day Cruise
10/2008 - Coronado Springs
11/2006 - Coronado Springs
5/2005 - Magic, Eastern
10/2003 - Polynesian
10/2000 - Dixie Landings
9/1999 - Polynesian
2/1991 - Offsite
6/1987 - Offsite
tink70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
ben1993
DIS Veteran

You could see the most of what DLP Park has to offer in a day, but if you do go in August you'd be better off with 2 days as it will be very busy and if you really are a huge disney fan DLP Park will totally delight you, it's the most beautiful in the world. It's super easy to get to from central Paris too, you could fly into London, then get the eurostar to Paris and fly home from there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
sky13
Mouseketeer

The first time I went to DLP I only had a day, which I spent in Disneyland. I completely missed out Walt Disney Studios and there was a lot of things I missed in Disneyland itself! So would suggest maybe 2 days if possible...

Places to stay:
- On-site hotels: these are expensive but are on-site and give you access to Extra Magic Hours - which would be useful if it's a busy day at the parks.
- Off-site hotels: there are some partner hotels nearby (e.g. Kyriad) that are accessible via free shuttle bus; there are also other hotels near nearby RER stations (e.g. Ibis at Val d'Europe) that are accessible by taking the RER train. These are much cheaper!

Have a look at both the DLP website and websites like booking.com and Expedia to see what is available - though at this point it's probably too early to be booking for August 2014!

Dining: not tried that many food places in/around DLP (something I hope to correct with upcoming visits), but on my last visit I went to Walt's (one of the restaurants in Disneyland) and that was just an amazing experience - very good food and service and a very nice break from the crowds around noon! And there are some tables in Walt's from which you can look out onto Main Street and watch the parade (sadly I didn't have one of them)...

I only know a few phrases in French (mainly "merci", "bonjour", and "parlez vous Anglais") but haven't had too many problems. Most of the CMs I've met speak English. A lot of things are in both English and French (e.g. Disney Dreams and Cinemagique) - the only ride I had problems with language was Star Tours where the dialogue is exclusively in French. So I think you should be fine language-wise!

Things that seem to be different in DLP from WDW (from what I've read and from the little I remember from going to WDW a long time ago, and by no means exhaustive!):
- Castle with dragon and the stained glass panels
- Big Thunder Mountain - the ride goes under the river/lake and is centred on an island in the middle of the lake
- Phantom Manor - version is somewhat different from Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones - this is quite a tame roller coaster but seems to be unique to DLP
- Space Mountain - way more intense than any other Space Mountain I've taken, also very fun
- Crush's Coaster - usually has a long wait but is very very fun - I love it and would go on it again and again if not for the long wait...
- Toy Story Playland - seems to be a new land that is so far only in WDS Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland? I could be wrong about this though
- The new Ratatouille ride if it's up and running by August 2014
- Cinemagique and Animagique which I believe are unique to DLP
- Disney Dreams night time show - not sure if will still be running in August 2014 though but is one of the best Disney night shows I've ever seen (right up there with World of Color, and I liked it better than Fantasmic...)

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010

Last edited by sky13; 02-04-2013 at 06:24 PM.
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
tink70
Just keep swimming.....

All sounds great, thank you. I am happy to hear the language barrier is not that bad, thank you. Or merci !

6/2013- Dolphin -Girl Trip Again!
6/2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge- Girl trip!
12/2010 - Disney Wonder 3 day Cruise
10/2008 - Coronado Springs
11/2006 - Coronado Springs
5/2005 - Magic, Eastern
10/2003 - Polynesian
10/2000 - Dixie Landings
9/1999 - Polynesian
2/1991 - Offsite
6/1987 - Offsite
tink70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: