Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

bus service from pop

things change so quickly. i booked hyatt mco for our overnight stop before the cruise however dh wants to forgo that and stay at pop century, his favourite. as we will be on the fantasy for a b2b i don't feel the need to get to the terminal early. on the ship at 12 or 2, not much difference. that being the case, i can give him this one.
now my question. i believe that you can get the bus from the pop to the port correct? anyone know what time the pick up is?
i just think i get everything figured out and something comes up......
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
things change so quickly. i booked hyatt mco for our overnight stop before the cruise however dh wants to forgo that and stay at pop century, his favourite. as we will be on the fantasy for a b2b i don't feel the need to get to the terminal early. on the ship at 12 or 2, not much difference. that being the case, i can give him this one.
now my question. i believe that you can get the bus from the pop to the port correct? anyone know what time the pick up is?
i just think i get everything figured out and something comes up......
The busses from the WDW resorts depart between 11:30-12:30. Each bus will have a maximum number of resort stops of 3, depending on how many people at each resort are going to the port. It's possible for a bus to have only one stop, if there are enough people at that one resort to fill the bus.

If your bus is one that makes 3 stops, it will depend where on the list your particular resort is. You could be the first pickup (about 11:30) or the last (about 12:30).

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

The day before your cruise you'll get a sheet of instructions in your hotel room, telling you what time to have your luggage ready for bell services to pick up. It's usually between 8-8:30 a.m. The luggage travels on a truck, separately from the bus passengers. The instructions will also tell you what time to meet the cruise agent in the hotel lobby.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
The day before your cruise you'll get a sheet of instructions in your hotel room, telling you what time to have your luggage ready for bell services to pick up. It's usually between 8-8:30 a.m. The luggage travels on a truck, separately from the bus passengers. The instructions will also tell you what time to meet the cruise agent in the hotel lobby.
so if we get there Friday night can I assume they will give me this information at check in? also, very glad to hear that they take care of the luggage. I had a horrible feeling we would need to get it on and off the bus ourselves.
oh, one last question, do I have to let the resort know before arrival because we don't get there till Friday or do we tell our ta and she takes care of letting them know?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so if we get there Friday night can I assume they will give me this information at check in? also, very glad to hear that they take care of the luggage. I had a horrible feeling we would need to get it on and off the bus ourselves.
oh, one last question, do I have to let the resort know before arrival because we don't get there till Friday or do we tell our ta and she takes care of letting them know?
I'm sorry, let the resort know what?

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I'm sorry, let the resort know what?
my bad, sorry. let them know we will be taking dcl transportation to the port the next morning. i'm thinking we will not get there till 7 p.m. Friday night so we will not get any advanced notice of what to do and on the other side of the coin they will not know that we are using dcl transportation from the resort.
how then do we let them know?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
my bad, sorry. let them know we will be taking dcl transportation to the port the next morning. i'm thinking we will not get there till 7 p.m. Friday night so we will not get any advanced notice of what to do and on the other side of the coin they will not know that we are using dcl transportation from the resort.
how then do we let them know?
If you're booking the DCL transportation before you leave for your trip, they should already be aware of it.

You should get the information for embarkation day when you check-in at the resort.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #8
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
If you're booking the DCL transportation before you leave for your trip, they should already be aware of it.

You should get the information for embarkation day when you check-in at the resort.
thank you so much, that is exactly what I was wondering. and after I read your answer I wanted to slap the palm of my hand to my forehead. of course! that makes perfect sense!!
thank you for the information, you always have great answers, I have relied on you several times. stay put in case I need anything else. lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thank you so much, that is exactly what I was wondering. and after I read your answer I wanted to slap the palm of my hand to my forehead. of course! that makes perfect sense!!
thank you for the information, you always have great answers, I have relied on you several times. stay put in case I need anything else. lol.
Sorry, it's bedtime for me now! I'll be back tomorrow . But there are others here who know much more than I do.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #10
ARLENE1
Earning My Ears

We did this last September when we stayed at Pop Century too. We did 3/days at the parks and then took a 3/day cruise. In my opinion it never hurts to mention when you check in at the POP that you are leaving in the AM for a Disney Cruise. You don't want to leave anything to chance especially on such a great vacation! Make sure that they have ALL of your information (Bus transfers, etc) and make sure that it's correct as soon as you check in. Better to go over it then to have any problems the next day! That way you'll have "smooth sailing"!
ARLENE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #11
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

We have booked the night before the cruise at AKL using my DVC points. We booked transportation as part of our cruise/land stay with the WDTC. Obviously, the package and the DVC overnight stay were booked separately at different times. Will the resort still automatically have all the information we need all ready for us? Thanks for any help.

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 AM   #12
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Before you cancel the Hyatt, check availability for DCl pick up at POP.

I stayed there before my cruise. My friend decided to stay there and she was told there no seats available on the bus from . She ended up staying at a different resort that had bus availability.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I went to the port from Pop Century on January 20, the pickup was at 12:30. It picked up at two other resorts prior to Pop and the bus was still not full.

All you have to do is tell the resort you are on the cruise when you're checking in and they will tell you where you need to be to meet the DCL representative who will check you in for your cruise transport. They will come for your luggage at around 8 (to your room.). You can leave the luggage in the room for them to collect if you plan to be out after 8.

You do not have to alert the resort before your arrival.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #14
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Before you cancel the Hyatt, check availability for DCl pick up at POP.

I stayed there before my cruise. My friend decided to stay there and she was told there no seats available on the bus from . She ended up staying at a different resort that had bus availability.
This sounds like your friend just decided at the last minute to stay at POP and use DCL transfers. If reservations are made in advance, DCL will already be aware - there are no "limited seats" as they determine the busing based on how many guests from each resort need transportation. But I can see that if someone arrives at any resort last minute without reservations the pick-up routes likely are already planned and potentially your friends' scenario would occur.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
This sounds like your friend just decided at the last minute to stay at POP and use DCL transfers. If reservations are made in advance, DCL will already be aware - there are no "limited seats" as they determine the busing based on how many guests from each resort need transportation. But I can see that if someone arrives at any resort last minute without reservations the pick-up routes likely are already planned and potentially your friends' scenario would occur.
She tried to book a few weeks ahead of time. When she called DCL to book transfers, they were the ones who told her that the bus was full. Not the resort.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: