Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
tina4_98
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 263

Question Help Please!!!! cruising from Port C.

Hi there, I leave in 3 weeks and I have two major questions:

1- For the Online Check in on the DCL website, once complete what do i print? Is it just the Signature page at the end which promots for PRINT THIS FORM?

2- We have DCL Ground transport to the terminal from Orlando Airport.... what time does the FIRST bus leave from the airport to go to the port??

Thank you so much in Advance!
~Christina
__________________



Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4_98 View Post
Hi there, I leave in 3 weeks and I have two major questions:

1- For the Online Check in on the DCL website, once complete what do i print? Is it just the Signature page at the end which promots for PRINT THIS FORM?

2- We have DCL Ground transport to the terminal from Orlando Airport.... what time does the FIRST bus leave from the airport to go to the port??

Thank you so much in Advance!
~Christina
1. Yes, all you need is the signature page.

2. AFAIK, the DCL transfer desk opens at 8:15, with the first bus departing about 9:30. Be aware, regardless of when you arrive, your PAT is tied to your actual boarding number you receive when you checkin at the port. If you have a later PAT, and take the first bus to the port, you may arrive there about 10:30-11:00, but you will be watching those who have an earlier PAT(and thus a lower boarding number) boarding before you do.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
tina4_98
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 263

Thank you so very much!

As for PAT: DCL won't allow me to pick because they said we can catch the first bus or later buses depending on how we feel. Even on the online check in it says we can't due to ground transfers.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
1. Yes, all you need is the signature page.

2. AFAIK, the DCL transfer desk opens at 8:15, with the first bus departing about 9:30. Be aware, regardless of when you arrive, your PAT is tied to your actual boarding number you receive when you checkin at the port. If you have a later PAT, and take the first bus to the port, you may arrive there about 10:30-11:00, but you will be watching those who have an earlier PAT(and thus a lower boarding number) boarding before you do.
__________________



Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled
 
jdb in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4_98 View Post
As for PAT: DCL won't allow me to pick because they said we can catch the first bus or later buses depending on how we feel. Even on the online check in it says we can't due to ground transfers.
that's a new one on me, but we usually do our online check-in and get a port arrival time before we get around to purchasing DCL transfers.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4_98 View Post
Thank you so very much!

As for PAT: DCL won't allow me to pick because they said we can catch the first bus or later buses depending on how we feel. Even on the online check in it says we can't due to ground transfers.
Are you doing Concierge?

Concierge can board whenever they like (no boarding numbers).
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
tina4_98
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 263

no i'm not. i found it to be weird too but i called Disney to find out the day we were allowed to do the online check in and the lady said it's normal because i can board when we get to the terminal because i booked everything thru them.
It was the case when we cruised 6 years ago we didn't book a port arrival time caught the morning bus, got to the port and boarded within 15 minutes. We were shocked as it was our first time so we thought forsure we'd board almost last.

I guess we'll see but we will still try and get on the first bus either way sitting in the terminal will be fun and make us more excited!

Thank you again!
__________________



Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4_98 View Post
no i'm not. i found it to be weird too but i called Disney to find out the day we were allowed to do the online check in and the lady said it's normal because i can board when we get to the terminal because i booked everything thru them.
It was the case when we cruised 6 years ago we didn't book a port arrival time caught the morning bus, got to the port and boarded within 15 minutes. We were shocked as it was our first time so we thought forsure we'd board almost last.

I guess we'll see but we will still try and get on the first bus either way sitting in the terminal will be fun and make us more excited!

Thank you again!
That doesn't sound right. We've always booked directly with DCL, and still had to select a PAT. The PAT system has only been in effect for a couple of years, so you wouldn't have had that option 6 years ago.

Are you doing a wedding or something?
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
tina4_98
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 263

nope no wedding but we do have our reservation linked with my mother in law but she also doesn't have a PAT to choose. her's says same thing as mine and always has. and i keep trying to see if it will pop up with a time option but never does.

Now im frustrated and not happy because i am given info from DCL that no one has ever heard of.
__________________



Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
tina4_98
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 263

here is what it says under Port Arrival time thru online check in:

|"As you are Pre stay guest, you do not need to pick the arrival time as Disney staff will escort you to the Cruise. "
__________________



Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.