Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Pre-Ordered Merch Question

The last time we sailed and I pre-ordered a plush for DD, it was one of the items on the website that they would only deliver, for a fee, if you requested it, and that was only after you'd already been in your stateroom and found the card left on the bed. Well, that kind of sucks for little kids.

However, upon looking at the current offerings for our next cruise, that notice about getting a card and having to exchange it or call for delivery has disappeared from all the MM/TK merch you can pre-order. So is merch stuff now delivered to your room like the non-merch stuff (for example the decorations and the memory boxes)?

I wanted to get the Nautical Minnies for my nieces (it's their first cruise ever) but only if they will be waiting in the room when they first walk in; otherwise, I'll buy them onboard once the shops open and have them wrapped as presents. And since we all know not to trust CMs on the phone...

On a side note... WHY is this process not available through the internet yet? I seriously have to call or fax in this day and age? I can rent a tuxedo, could upgrade to a room that costs $17k, but I can't buy a $25 plush while logged in to my reservation?
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

I ordered the plush captain Mickey for our Nov cruise. It was in the cabin upon our arrival. HTH
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

I ordered the plush cruise ship with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto inside. It was in my room waiting for us when we checked in as well. I did call in the order about a week prior to boarding.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptwolfman View Post
I ordered the plush captain Mickey for our Nov cruise. It was in the cabin upon our arrival. HTH
Thanks!

PS-- You should really update your ticker; it says your first cruise is in nine months.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
I ordered the plush cruise ship with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto inside. It was in my room waiting for us when we checked in as well. I did call in the order about a week prior to boarding.
Good to know! We bought that in Mickey's Mates on a previous cruise but have never caught it available on the website list for pre-order items.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

we ordered the plush minnie and mickey and the pillowcase/nightlight gift through the shoreside concierge and was told it would be in our room

2015October 8 days poly cl tpvJune 6 days akv- club level March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 3 days Grand Floridian Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
Docmom
Mouseketeer

I ordered the Mickey and Minnie from Disneystore online at a discount a few weeks ago when they were having a sale. We're cruising in April and my girls know about them but will be a "for the cruise" gift. They are very cute. If you have time before the cruise keep an eye out for any future sales.
Docmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
we ordered the plush minnie and mickey and the pillowcase/nightlight gift through the shoreside concierge and was told it would be in our room
Thanks, but we're not concierge, so anything they did for you might not necessarily apply to us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: