Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
rbadger
Earning My Ears

Another On Board Booking Question

I'm hoping for another Alaska cruise in July 2014, now my dilemma....

We're sailing on the Dream in less than 2 weeks (2/17-2/21) and I was wondering if I should try booking online as soon as these are announced (hoping for Feb. 11th as people are speculating) and then checking to see if similar rooms are still available when on ship to get the OBC and the booking then and canceling my other bookings?

Would I be able to do this? Or should I just take my chances and book on board on the 21st? I'm worried that the staterooms (I need connecting ones) I'm interested in may be gone, but not sure how quickly they would get booked.
rbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbadger View Post
I'm hoping for another Alaska cruise in July 2014, now my dilemma....

We're sailing on the Dream in less than 2 weeks (2/17-2/21) and I was wondering if I should try booking online as soon as these are announced (hoping for Feb. 11th as people are speculating) and then checking to see if similar rooms are still available when on ship to get the OBC and the booking then and canceling my other bookings?

Would I be able to do this? Or should I just take my chances and book on board on the 21st? I'm worried that the staterooms (I need connecting ones) I'm interested in may be gone, but not sure how quickly they would get booked.
Yes, you can book when the dates are released then you can cancel and rebook on board.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

I think the standard answer you will get is to book the cruise you want on opening day. Once you are on-board, you can check to see if the price is less with the OBB discount and stateroom credit. If it is, then you can cancel and rebook on-board. One thing to consider is that if you book through a TA, the TA will need to be the one who cancels your reservation.
Stitch'sCousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
rbadger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch'sCousin
I think the standard answer you will get is to book the cruise you want on opening day. Once you are on-board, you can check to see if the price is less with the OBB discount and stateroom credit. If it is, then you can cancel and rebook on-board. One thing to consider is that if you book through a TA, the TA will need to be the one who cancels your reservation.
Thanks a bunch. Do you know if I would be able to cancel/rebook the same rooms as I select online (cancel them first on board and then rebook the canceled rooms with the OBC)?
rbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbadger View Post
Thanks a bunch. Do you know if I would be able to cancel/rebook the same rooms as I select online (cancel them first on board and then rebook the canceled rooms with the OBC)?
That occasionally works. Sometimes, they can't cancel the prebooked room on board, so you make a whole new booking on board and return home with two reservations. You then call DCL and cancel the first reservation. Then, while still on the phone, have the agent move the room on the second (OBB) reservation to the room that has now freed up from your canceled reservation.

You could lose that room in the 30 seconds it takes to do all the above, but it typically works.
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: