Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Carsland has driven huge attendance numbers in Anaheim, would it not do the same thing in Orlando?
~No, it won't! Harry Potter phase II will crush Carsland!!! Not to mention -- Transformers, Simpson's expansion, & possible Jurassic Park expansion!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan0 View Post
Why are you asking if they heard it from a bus driver? Are they spreading rumors? Also, I think a Monsters Inc. roller coaster would be pretty cool. Especially with Monsters University coming out.
Its well known that Bus Drivers are invited to sit in every imagineer and executive meeting!

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #18
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsDrew

Toy Story release date: NOV 1995/Space Ranger Spin (@WDW) opening: OCT 1998 (In case you're wondering, Toy Story 2 wasn't released until NOV 1999)

Bug’s Life release date: NOV 1998/Tough To Be a Bug (@WDW) opening: APR 1998

Lilo and Stitch release date: JUN 2002/Stitch's Great Escape (@WDW) opening: NOV 2004

Finding Nemo release date: May 2003/Finding Nemo Sub Voyage (@DL) opening: JUN 2007/The Seas with Nemo & Friends (@WDW) opening: JAN 2007

Cars release date: JUN 2006 & Cars 2 release date: JUN 2011/Cars Land (@DL) opening: JUN 2012.
When I heard that Toy Story Midway Mania was coming (5/08) almost 10 years after Toy Story 2 was released I had a feeling a sequel was coming. Sure enough, TS3 came in 2010. They really need another big draw like that for DHS, we had a hard time making a full day of it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12/14 DLR ~ 2/13 Pop ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 Pop ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips to WDW & DLR
meowmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #19
the who #3
DIS Veteran

Smile monster's inc

even if it is just rumor, it sounds like fun. i hope it really happens.
the who #3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #20
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmarie View Post
When I heard that Toy Story Midway Mania was coming (5/08) almost 10 years after Toy Story 2 was released I had a feeling a sequel was coming. Sure enough, TS3 came in 2010. They really need another big draw like that for DHS, we had a hard time making a full day of it.
That's been our experience as well. We like DHS, but once you've done the backlot tour, you've done it 1,000 times, and Lights-Motors-Action stunt show is *really* dated IMO now. You can only walk down the fake movie-set streets so many times. I like Indiana Jones even if it is essentially unchanged, and Star Tours is a winner, but among those few things it really is hard to make a full day out of it.

A Monsters Inc roller coaster could be really a neat addition.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #21
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

If they do the Monsters Inc doors coaster (which looked as made for a coaster as Gringott's Bank is for WWoHP), I really, really hope they don't shoot for a "first" with it. I am so tired of every new coaster having to be the tallest, fastest, steepest, most likely to induce vomiting, etc. The best coasters, IMO, are the classic coasters, not the ones that have to have paramedics standing by. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times the paramedics have visited Fahrenheit at Hershey Park. Ridiculous. Just because they can doesn't always mean they should. Just make it fun for goodness sake, and reasonably family friendly would be nice. *stepping off coaster soap box now*
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I always throught the door system that appears in the finale of the movie would inspire a terrific roller coaster.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #23
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975
I always throught the door system that appears in the finale of the movie would inspire a terrific roller coaster.
Get out of my head. ;0)

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #24
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
If they do the Monsters Inc doors coaster (which looked as made for a coaster as Gringott's Bank is for WWoHP), I really, really hope they don't shoot for a "first" with it. I am so tired of every new coaster having to be the tallest, fastest, steepest, most likely to induce vomiting, etc. The best coasters, IMO, are the classic coasters, not the ones that have to have paramedics standing by. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times the paramedics have visited Fahrenheit at Hershey Park. Ridiculous. Just because they can doesn't always mean they should. Just make it fun for goodness sake, and reasonably family friendly would be nice. *stepping off coaster soap box now*
I agree it doesn't have to be the highest, scariest ride ever, just theme it nicely and make it something that fits in w/ a family park.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #25
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

what kind?

Quote:
They already have RRC at DHS so they don't need a Fast coaster. What they could do is a suspended seating system that would somewhat mimic the Doors from the Movie.

The Coaster Talk has been going on ever since they anounced that there was going to be a second movie, and that was a year after the First movie came out.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #26
Beccanoelle82
Earning My Ears

I hope they create a new Monsters Inc. rollercoaster! I think that would be a great addition.

Love:
Expedition Everest
Pirates of the Carribbean
Space Mountain, Tower of Terror
Le Cellier!!!
Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Rockin' Rollercoaster
Beccanoelle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
LiseG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree... just make them fun. I still love the rides like Space Mountian where you sitting in a Disney imagined environement while enjoying the thrill vs. Calif Screaming that's a exposed coaster(too much like Six Flags). Although I do like the historic look of CS, I won't ride it (chicken). I'd rathed be surprised by the ride rather than see the bones of it before I board... love Thunder Mountain and Radiator Springs Racers (not really a coaster but TOO MUCH FUN)

Magic 4-Day Cozumel only - Sept 2004 (Booked as 7-Day Eastern - Thanks Hurricane Francis)
Magic 7-Day Semi-Western - Sept 2005 (Booked Eastern again - went West due to Hurricane Rita)
Magic 7-Day Eastern - Halloween 2006 (Finally made it to Eastern!)
Magic 7-Day Western - Sept 2009 (Ms. Mary's Wedding)
Wonder 7-Day Pacific Coast PIXAR - Sept 2012
LiseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #28
LiseG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpixienc View Post
Get out of my head. ;0)
EXACTLY

Magic 4-Day Cozumel only - Sept 2004 (Booked as 7-Day Eastern - Thanks Hurricane Francis)
Magic 7-Day Semi-Western - Sept 2005 (Booked Eastern again - went West due to Hurricane Rita)
Magic 7-Day Eastern - Halloween 2006 (Finally made it to Eastern!)
Magic 7-Day Western - Sept 2009 (Ms. Mary's Wedding)
Wonder 7-Day Pacific Coast PIXAR - Sept 2012
LiseG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: