Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
iluvmickey2008
Earning My Ears

Sigh....2015 Here We Come

My husband had been out of work for sometime, got a job, and now we are back on our feet (even though it is tight) I finally decided to take my boys to Disney in May 2014. My boys would be 6 and 3 at the time of the trip.

I decided to go with or without my husband (he does not love Disney as much as I do). I really hink that my husband would go for the boys, but he does not see the need to tell me more than a year in advance. Disney Planning is my obsession, so I told him that I need to know right now!!! My older DS has a developmental delay so he does not speak clearly and does not fully understand things, but he is making progress. With FastPass and a GAC, I felt like I could handle both boys by myself if I had to.

I saw on the website that you need to be 40 inches to go on alot of the rides. I think I thought that you needed to be 38 or so inches, but you could ride if you were with an adult. I was thinking of our local amusement park I think. There is no way that my younger son is going to be that tall when I wanted to go. I know that there are other things to ride on & do, but he wants to do everything that his older brother does. Plus I've always pictured them riding together. So I guess we are waiting another year....
June 2006 - CBR
July 2008 - POP

(Me - 43) (DH - 46) (DD - 23) (DS - 6) (DS - 3)
(DGS - 2)
iluvmickey2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
3BoysRDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmickey2008
My husband had been out of work for sometime, got a job, and now we are back on our feet (even though it is tight) I finally decided to take my boys to Disney in May 2014. My boys would be 6 and 3 at the time of the trip.

I decided to go with or without my husband (he does not love Disney as much as I do). I really hink that my husband would go for the boys, but he does not see the need to tell me more than a year in advance. Disney Planning is my obsession, so I told him that I need to know right now!!! My older DS has a developmental delay so he does not speak clearly and does not fully understand things, but he is making progress. With FastPass and a GAC, I felt like I could handle both boys by myself if I had to.

I saw on the website that you need to be 40 inches to go on alot of the rides. I think I thought that you needed to be 38 or so inches, but you could ride if you were with an adult. I was thinking of our local amusement park I think. There is no way that my younger son is going to be that tall when I wanted to go. I know that there are other things to ride on & do, but he wants to do everything that his older brother does. Plus I've always pictured them riding together. So I guess we are waiting another year....
Only the thrill rides are 40 inches so it isn't that many rides but it is a few. Waiting another year would be good if yoy care about riding those rides. Have fun planning until then.

Sarah
Mason (6)
Wyatt (2)
Haden (the babe)
3BoysRDisneyFreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

My DS was 40 inches when we went just before his 3rd birthday....So it could happen!

The goofy coaster is 36 inches...the mountains are 40 inches or more (think space is 40)... Soarn and test track are 40 as well...at DHS - the ToT and RnRC will not be age appropriate or our kids so that means Star Wars is the one you might care about...

My point of this post is to say that I don't think your 6 year old will really object to missing out on the MK over 40 inch rides and probably not the DHS ones either...I do think the Epcot rides will be a bigger deal that you may want to avoid....but certainly not enough to ruin your trip even if your younger child is not 40 inches tall!!
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

My dd didnt hit the 40 inch mark until right at her 5th birthday. I thought she would never get there! That said, once she hit the mark I couldnt get her on the big rides so even if your younger one hits the mark...he still may not want to ride.
Hopefully your DH will go with you I agree with planning! We are going in June 2014 and I am already mapping out where to stay, what we will do, etc.
DH and I were just talking about where to stay 30 mins ago
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: