Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #46
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
This happened to me at All Star Sports typical it was the only time i didn't have my camera

I wasn't fast enough to get a picture either!

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #47
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prplgiraffe89 View Post
I've seen a couple snakes, deer, and tons of lizards, but never an armadillo at Disney World! That would be cool as I've only ever seen one once before.

I loved the armadillo...it was kind of cute. We always see lizards in MK near the Crystal Palace. Every year, that's where we see them.

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #48
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

These snake threads are always good for a laugh. But nothing has ever topped the (true and verified with videotape) story about the snake that was found on top of the curtains in a room in the Contemporary. Years ago now. That baby must have been at least 2 metres long. Now that one was scream-worthy.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #49
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I just watched the video and we were there when that happened. I even spotted one of the people in my group in the video. I posted quite a few pictures on the new snake in the room thread.
Lisa(mickeystoontown) has quite a few pictures of this snake on her TR. In her pictures you can really see how long this snake is when he's on the move!
Gross anyway you look at it!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #50
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgeisler View Post
Those things are worse than cockroaches imo. They are bigger AND they fly!
They are much worse. I hate them. And they do fly.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #51
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The palmetto bugs are cockroaches, native to America. The small roaches that most people see are German cockroaches, but at least they don't fly!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #52
Jerzetta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHoo
I think snakes are awesome, especially black snakes, which are often docile (though the last one I encountered bit me twice as I was trying to save it from a McDonald's parking lot). Haven't had the luck to encounter one at Disney yet but have seen a few alligators (including one at Splash Mtn). Not a fan of roaches at all. They climb, hide and ambush.
Alligator at Splash Mtn? Seriously????
Jerzetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #53
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

There was a good videotape of the little alligator in the water of Splash Mountain, with the CMs keeping him away from the guests (and the boats) while they waited for Animal Control to arrive. Gators are not uncommon in the River- you can often see them from the boardwalk area that looks over to Tom Sawyer Island.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 AM   #54
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

I have received a lot of useful information in this thread:

Let's see...don't bother to get a second story room cause those black racer snakes can climb.

Always check the top of your curtains.

Don't go to the waterparks lest you find yourself in the lazy river with legless creatures

Avoid Disney giftshops. They may be hard on your wallet and also your heart.

Darn, I thought I was going to visit WDW , not be on Fear Factor!

In all honesty though, I am not but
Old 02-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #55
hygienejean
Are we still trying to figure out the "big project?"
The answers are probably right in front of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
the real thing to do is ...OBSERVE..watch where you walk, watch where you swim and watch where you put your hands...

I am wicked more observant then I ever was before...

and my hubby wants to go to Florida for a few months next year...YAH RIGHT...I am a Mainer and I dont do bugs well..

Just look before you leap as the old saying goes.
Hi Fellow Mainer! We just have a wicked lot of mosquitoes where I live!
hygienejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #56
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzetta View Post
Alligator at Splash Mtn? Seriously????
Yep. There's a video on youtube showing it. It is fairly small (not tiny mind you) but it is there. Was surprised when I first saw it. Have seen them in the lagoon when riding the train at Magic Kingdom as well, but after all you are in Florida. Reptiles don't bother me. I hate palmetto bugs (or water bugs as we called them in GA).
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #57
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I am going to flip a coin..

Snakes vs two feet of snow...

Snakes win (maybe)...

Cockroaches vs two feet of snow..

SNOW WINS HANDS DOWN...hahaha..

we are in the 24 inch range for snow...and I hate snow more then I hate critters...I can shoot a moose, or deer or a bear...but I cant see me shooting a snake or a palmetto bug...ROFL..

we are almost in the 80 days to go to Disney...so i will take that..

Last edited by pumba; 02-06-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: HELLO FELLOW MAINER TOO
pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #58
Okh
Mouseketeer

We saw a pair of otter last May at POR, which I thought was really cool.

Side story - we live in Staten Island. I'm born and bred but my wife is a Brooklyn girl. Now, Staten Island is full of woodlands and because of that, we have a huge population of deer as well as wild turkey, skunk, otter and other assorted critters. Most people are used to it and when you run across them, the deer at least, you tend to look at it as a little gift in your day and move along.

Not the Brooklyn girl - we came across a huge buck and a doe feeding in the local KofC's picnic grounds and she literally hid behind me for protection. I've never seen her move so fast. So yeah, I really hope we don't see snakes in Disney, though I'm sure you'll hear her shrieks if we do
“When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no such thing as perfect food, only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection becomes clear: to make people happy, that is what cooking is all about.”
― Thomas Keller

Okh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #59
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

We saw a huge gator sunning by one of those ponds outside of animal kingdom. Dh had a cockroach crawling on him as we were leavin mk. We are in the 12-18" snow range and i would take the gator n roach over this rotten snow lol
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #60
LBlovesM&WDW
Mouseketeer

We hadn't had the pleasure of running into any until our April 2011 trip, when we ran into two. My mom and I have a paralyzing fear of snakes and just the thought alone gives us nightmares. We really don't even say the word.

Well, the first time was on our way to our car at Wilderness Lodge after having a lovely dinner at AP. We were all talking as we walked along and then my husband told us to stop and walk back to the resort. We didn't understand at first, until I looked at the ground and literally froze for a second. When we were able to speak, we told the valet and the supervisor went to take care of it. I have no idea what he did because we waited by the door for the car.

Second time was a few days later at Fantasmic. We had just walked up the path for dining package seats about 3 minutes before we saw this guy walk up to the CM with a bright green one on his arm saying he found it on the path. She told him to throw it in the bushes, so he gave it a little toss. Of course the lights go out and I'm I'm bending down using the light from my phone to see if it's coming my way every 3 seconds.

Since reading about the Contemporary, I make my husband check the room over completely before I enter.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: