Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Two snakes, one visit

LOL, my sister just got back from a week at WDW staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and during her stay she ran into two snakes.

First time her and her husband were just outside their room sitting at some tables with umbrellas on them when a snake came slithering out from the shrubs and came to rest near the table. Sister freaked out and ran into the room and curled up into a ball on the bed. Husband had to go get their room changed to second floor.

Very next day they were walking out to the parking lot on a sidewalk when another snake crossed in front of them. This time she just hid behind her husband.

I found it hilarious as he was telling the story.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
LOL, my sister just got back from a week at WDW staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and during her stay she ran into two snakes.

First time her and her husband were just outside their room sitting at some tables with umbrellas on them when a snake came slithering out from the shrubs and came to rest near the table. Sister freaked out and ran into the room and curled up into a ball on the bed. Husband had to go get their room changed to second floor.

Very next day they were walking out to the parking lot on a sidewalk when another snake crossed in front of them. This time she just hid behind her husband.

You can tell her she was lucky it wasn't an alligator instead of a snake. My husband has seen a snake exit the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon and go into the bushes along the side. We saw a rather large black racer in the bushes near the Grandstand bus stop at SSR. There were several birds attacking it, probably because it was getting close to their nest.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Oh lordy - I would have dropped dead on the spot.

I know its ridiculous but that is my biggest fear. I know there are snakes there but if I actually saw one, they'd be scraping my corpse up off the sidewalk.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
elaw
DIS Veteran

Last year we came across a couple of them (within 1/2 hour of each other) near run off rapids at Blizzard Beach ... The CM's were very quick to wrangle and remove them.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
kristen2276
Mouseketeer

I WOULD DIE! Right there! DIE! worst fear ever! SNAKES! ahhhhhhh!

Kristen-13th Disney Trip, Mike-9th Disney Trip, Kieran-6th Disney trip and Michael's 3rd Disney trip- April/May, 2013!
kristen2276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Most people have to pay deluxe prices at AKL for that kind of brush with nature.
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
iloveitalianmovies
Earning My Ears

We just got back last night and --- we saw a rat at EPCOT!

Not complaining - anyplace with all those people and all that garbage, I guess it's not surprising. But I did scream!
iloveitalianmovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Ran into a snake at POR in Dec. 2011. We were staying in the AB section, in one of the buildings that's really far away from the main building. Walking from our room to the parking lot, a snake slithered out of the bushes on one side and started to cross the path. We stopped and looked at the snake; the snake stopped in the middle of the path and looked at us. We had quite the standoff going. Finally the snake ended up crossing the path and slid into the bushes on the other side. That's when DH got brave and decided to stop by the bushes to take a picture of it. Not me - I was way down the path by then.
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

I on the other hand would have died from excitement! Coolest Disney souvenirs EVER!!!!

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

We've seen snakes at wdw before. No big deal for dh or myself we aren't afraid of snakes. Now the giant jumping spiders in Dom Rep, THAT still gives me nightmares.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveitalianmovies View Post

Not complaining - anyplace with all those people and all that garbage, I guess it's not surprising. But I did scream!

Was he wearing a Chefs hat?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveitalianmovies View Post

I am way more afraid of rats than snakes but to be honest I really don't want to see either

I went to the car one night to get something out of the glove box while we were staying at CSR. What comes wandering out of the bushes but.. an armadillo! While it was kind of neat, I do prefer a little more distance between myself and the local wildlife.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #13
xbonnie38
Mouseketeer

just watched this on youtube before I read this thread and was loling! apparently this little guy has some souvenir shopping to do!

copy and paste link to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KXbL6jEqMc
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #14
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh heck - my husband would have tried to make friends with those snakes! He would have been telling me to take pictures or videos!

Been to Disney World over 60 times and have never seen a snake. Alligators, check. Wild turkey, yep. Armadillos, you betcha. Deer? Yes, three of them running under the monorail. Plus dozens of ducks, coots, ibises, bunnies, cormorants, turtles, fish, eagles, and osprey. Part of the reason we love Disney World - it's a nature preserve.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #15
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Saw a huge black snake at pofq heading into the shrubs right outside the rooms. I was watching him from outside our second floor. Very thankful i was on the second floor lol.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: