Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

'Ohana menu changed back?

Anyone eaten dinner at 'Ohanas lately? Just wondering if the went back to the other menu or stuck with the new one.

DisneyGuess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
ksaylor10
Earning My Ears

Just ate there last week... Still the "new" menu. Every thing was fantastic!
ksaylor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Trying to decide if we should keep this ADR. My 11 year old has a peanut allergy. He can be around it, so having it at the tab isn't a huge deal, but he'd like some kind o dipping sauce.

DisneyGuess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
crys5
Mouseketeer

Ohana menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaylor10 View Post
Just ate there last week... Still the "new" menu. Every thing was fantastic!
What kind of change is it? We have reservations for next Sunday ?
2007.... POP & BWV & POP (Nov.)
2009...POP & BWV(FEB/march) 2010...AKV...with 17DD& her friends (march/april )(1st trip home)
2010..pop century & AKV kidani...w/my family,my sister's family (Nov.18-26)
2011..october AKV KIDANI
crys5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Quin
DIS Veteran

Reports are that fruit has been added to the salad and the salad dressing may have been changed; broccoli has been replaced by a veggie stir-fry that includes peppers and onions, and the 3 dipping sauces have been replaced with a single spicier peanut sauce.

I have an ADR in May but I'm really sitting on the fence about cancelling.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess
Trying to decide if we should keep this ADR. My 11 year old has a peanut allergy. He can be around it, so having it at the tab isn't a huge deal, but he'd like some kind o dipping sauce.
I went back in November and couldn't have any of the dipping sauces or any of the regular menu due to my odd list of allergies. Chef Brandon made me a platefull of the best ginger-teriyaki beef and chicken I have ever had. He even put a couple extra spoonfulls on my rice and broccoli. Best meal ever in the World. Hopefully you'll get him for your trip and he can make your DS some of that delicious sauce.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
crys5
Mouseketeer

Ohana menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
Reports are that fruit has been added to the salad and the salad dressing may have been changed; broccoli has been replaced by a veggie stir-fry that includes peppers and onions, and the 3 dipping sauces have been replaced with a single spicier peanut sauce.

I have an ADR in May but I'm really sitting on the fence about cancelling.
Thanks so much! I hope nothing else changed....
2007.... POP & BWV & POP (Nov.)
2009...POP & BWV(FEB/march) 2010...AKV...with 17DD& her friends (march/april )(1st trip home)
2010..pop century & AKV kidani...w/my family,my sister's family (Nov.18-26)
2011..october AKV KIDANI
crys5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
booh
Earning My Ears

Ate there last week - salad had fruit (manderin oranges and something else - maybe mango - didn't have much taste to it) and a new passion fruit dressing. It was okay, but I miss the honey lime dressing - it was my favorite! Veggies were brocoli, onions, mushrooms, little corn ears, water chestnuts, and snow peas - again okay, but I prefer the brocoli and snow peas from before. Noodles seemed a little sweeter than before, and meats seemed to be cooked with more sauce than before - some of it was a lttle too sweet. Peanut sauce was spicier and very good!

Overall it was good, but I wouldn't wait in line for along time to get in like before! Hope the menu goes back to the old one! They did not ask for our opinion - might need to shoot them an email.
booh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

I was there tonight. It is the new menu still. I asked for a side of sweet & sour and got it, though. He said it was the same as the topping they use on the potstickers. Really the menu changes were not a big deal, IMO, and I was worried they would be.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #10
Quin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
I asked for a side of sweet & sour and got it, though.
Now that IS a change from the initial 'trial' of the new menu - they were originally refusing to provide any other dipping sauce even though they admitted the sweet & sour option was still in use in the kitchen on the potstickers. If that continues I'm more likely to keep my ADR.

I'm sad about the salad dressing because the honey lime was fantastic. The veggies I'll have to note as an allergy to get something without peppers & onions. But a spicy dipping sauce that I can't eat with NO alternative option, plus the other 2 negative-for-me changes would have combined to become a deal-breaker.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

I am hoping that they decide to continue letting people get the sweet & sour from the back as that is the only dipping sauce anyone in our group eats. We have 3 months to see what the trend will be before deciding to cancel or keep. I will be really bummed if we have to cancel but that is the sauce we use for the dumplings, noodles and meat! Just wouldn't be as good without it. 'Ohana is/was our favorite restaurants.

I don't mind some changes but so far due to menu changes we have lost 4 of our favorite places to eat in the past year and we are running out of places we love and always want to return to.

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Was going to ask also, really hoping for a revert to the "old" menu. Its our fav dinner, so will probably go either way, but would be happier if they brought back my salald.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #13
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Everyone should try it at least once. It's funny but people were up in arms when they added the bread pudding (back in 05, I believe). I thought there'd be riots in the streets. Now everyone pretty much agrees that it's one of Disney's top desserts.. Change is hard to accept at times..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

This is always one of our favorite places to have dinner. I didn't think they needed to change a thing! The food has always been fabulous! Hope it's still good. We have reservations in June!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Everyone should try it at least once. It's funny but people were up in arms when they added the bread pudding (back in 05, I believe). I thought there'd be riots in the streets. Now everyone pretty much agrees that it's one of Disney's top desserts.. Change is hard to accept at times..
The bread pudding is really great but the caramel covered pineapple was better. So what's your point? To accept everything they do as magnanimous simply because it's Disney? So sad. Soon it'll be McMaui's.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: