Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
WingsofThread
Earning My Ears

Curious- Guest Lists/Invites

My fiance and I are currently compling our guest list together and getting things all organized in that department before we call down to Disney World and see if we can get this Disney wedding rolling!

I was curious though- how many people did you invite to your wedding in Disney World and how many actually came? (From out of state aka people that don't live in Florida!) We are located in Maryland.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofThread View Post
My fiance and I are currently compling our guest list together and getting things all organized in that department before we call down to Disney World and see if we can get this Disney wedding rolling!

I was curious though- how many people did you invite to your wedding in Disney World and how many actually came? (From out of state aka people that don't live in Florida!) We are located in Maryland.
I would love to know this too!
Steph2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
SheilaHeartsDisney
Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

We invited about 120 and 55 came to the wedding. Those 55 were people that we really wanted to be there. People like my Dad's 2nd cousin did not show up.
SheilaHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

I'll just be the one to step out there and say that a lot more are coming than we originally thought. We sent out 130 newsletters (to families) and now our guest list is pushing 200. We thought that only like 80 would come at the most, but everyone seems to want to come to Disney. Now, these are just pre rsvp's, so we'll see how many show up. But I would be careful to send out information to people that you don't think will come because they will!
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

We're inviting 24, and 20 are coming.

We have one set of grandparents who haven't traveled in years because of health and cousin who won't make it because it's too soon after her own wedding and won't have enough vacation time.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

We invited 75 guests & aprox 55 guests came-it was actually alot more than we expected, considering we got married near Christmas. We were happy for a smaller wedding

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
TBdisneyMC
Mouseketeer

We invited 60 (all family) and about 35 came (minus 3 last minute cancellations.) It was mostly cousins that couldn't make because of money/work/etc. It worked out perfectly because our reception was in The Attic, which only seats 30-something. If any more came, we would've been in trouble!
Only 25 or so made it to the dessert party, but that's another story...
.......~ šoš ~ Aug '06 - CSR ~ šoš ~ May '09 - POR ~ šoš ~ Aug '10 - POR ~ šoš ~ Mar '11 - POR ~ šoš ~
~ Aug '11 - POR/BWI (Our wedding) ~ šoš ~ Nov '11 - WL ~ šoš ~ Feb '12 - WL ~ šoš ~ Feb '13 - POFQ ~
TBdisneyMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
carolwoodpacific
Earning My Ears

My DF and I are inviting 31 guests for our October wedding - all out of state (including us). We decided on just immediate family, his grandparents, and a few very close friends - the people we will look back in 10 years and be happy were there.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

We invited 55, and 32 attended. About 2/3 were located in California, with the rest scattered around the country.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

We invited 45 (we gave absolutely everyone the option to bring a date, including his two aunts who live together (they're not sisters)) and 27 came. We actually expected 25 and got 2 unexpected (but a very pleasant surprise) yeses. Everyone out of state, mostly from New York.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
itsmebabygi
Counting Down!

We invites 230 (with a lot of & guests to people that didn't really have a bf/gf). Talking to people throughout the process, I was estimating 170 were coming because so many people said they were coming. When it came down to it, we are at 118. The flight prices shot up and a lot of people bailed. We are mostlyl in the NYC area.

Tags
disney wedding wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: