Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran
Sugar Jones's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,159

Ugh, what would you do?????

Okay sorry for all my lame flight questions recently. I'm just new to the whole flying thing!

So I was checking on Southwest this morning and seen they had prices out until September 27.

We are going from Sept.21-28.

The flight out on Sept.21 is the perfect time and the perfect price! Should I book it one way and wait for the 28th to be released??????

We could switch to the 27th and cut our vacation by a day, my dh would LOVE that, but I would really like to go from Sat.-Sat.

What should I do???
Etsyname: Averysgarden
Sugar Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
DIS Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,381

I would book one way and wait for the new dates to be released. You could also book the return one day early and then change to the new dates when they are realeased. Southwest will give you a credit for the total amount of the ticket (not including EBCI if you choose to purchase it) which is good for one year from date of original purchase. You have to decide which works best for you.


I have been boo'd by wisbucky!

Last edited by wdwfan1; 02-04-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spelling
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran
Sugar Jones's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,159

I don't know!!! What if we book one way and the when they release the 28the price is crazy? lol

I just want to switch our ressies to 20-27th and book the flights and have it done and

I don't know if my husband would take the extra day off work though.
Etsyname: Averysgarden
Sugar Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
sammysmom's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Berlin, WI
Posts: 427

Same thing happened to us this morning. I just purchased our 9/21 flights and will wait until next month and purchase our 9/28 flights. You'd think that they would offer the whole month of September and not end on a Friday--but what are ya gonna do
1996-Offsite, 1998-All Star Music, 2003-All Star Movies, 2005-All Star Movies, 2006-All Star Movies, 2007-Pop Century, 2008-Pop Century, 2009-Pop Century,2010-Beach Club Resort, 2011- Beach Club Resort, 2012- Yacht Club,2013-Beach Club,2014-Beach Club

sammysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man
grimley1968's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,504

If you're sure you want to fly, and you're certain of the dates, I'd go ahead and book the 9/21 flight. You can wait to book the return flight on 9/28 with SW, or you can see if any other airlines in your airport have competitive pricing for a 9/28 return flight. There's nothing wrong with using 2 airlines as long as you end up at your starting airport.
grimley1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #6
DIS Veteran
MinnieLee's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 1,408

We always use SW whenever we can and I book the one way down so I know that I can get the flight we want. When SW opens for the return, I book that. It's the same price whether you book round trip or one way. If the going down flight's prices decrease, I cancel the one flight, rebook on the less expensive fare and take the credit for future travel.

Take that perfect price while you can! It also helps it budgeting the airline costs.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran
Sugar Jones's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,159

We booked! I'm so excited to get part of that done. Now we will wait until March 4th to book our return flights!

I also booked EBCI.

Now it seems like Setpember is years away!
Etsyname: Averysgarden
Sugar Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.