Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

Ugh, what would you do?????

Okay sorry for all my lame flight questions recently. I'm just new to the whole flying thing!

So I was checking on Southwest this morning and seen they had prices out until September 27.

We are going from Sept.21-28.

The flight out on Sept.21 is the perfect time and the perfect price! Should I book it one way and wait for the 28th to be released??????

We could switch to the 27th and cut our vacation by a day, my dh would LOVE that, but I would really like to go from Sat.-Sat.

What should I do???
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

I would book one way and wait for the new dates to be released. You could also book the return one day early and then change to the new dates when they are realeased. Southwest will give you a credit for the total amount of the ticket (not including EBCI if you choose to purchase it) which is good for one year from date of original purchase. You have to decide which works best for you.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!

Last edited by wdwfan1; 02-04-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

I don't know!!! What if we book one way and the when they release the 28the price is crazy? lol

I just want to switch our ressies to 20-27th and book the flights and have it done and

I don't know if my husband would take the extra day off work though.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
sammysmom
Mouseketeer

Same thing happened to us this morning. I just purchased our 9/21 flights and will wait until next month and purchase our 9/28 flights. You'd think that they would offer the whole month of September and not end on a Friday--but what are ya gonna do
1996-Offsite, 1998-All Star Music, 2003-All Star Movies, 2005-All Star Movies, 2006-All Star Movies, 2007-Pop Century, 2008-Pop Century, 2009-Pop Century,2010-Beach Club Resort, 2011- Beach Club Resort, 2012- Yacht Club,2013-Beach Club,2014-Beach Club

sammysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

If you're sure you want to fly, and you're certain of the dates, I'd go ahead and book the 9/21 flight. You can wait to book the return flight on 9/28 with SW, or you can see if any other airlines in your airport have competitive pricing for a 9/28 return flight. There's nothing wrong with using 2 airlines as long as you end up at your starting airport.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #6
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

We always use SW whenever we can and I book the one way down so I know that I can get the flight we want. When SW opens for the return, I book that. It's the same price whether you book round trip or one way. If the going down flight's prices decrease, I cancel the one flight, rebook on the less expensive fare and take the credit for future travel.

Take that perfect price while you can! It also helps it budgeting the airline costs.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

We booked! I'm so excited to get part of that done. Now we will wait until March 4th to book our return flights!

I also booked EBCI.

Now it seems like Setpember is years away!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: