Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #31
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbeem View Post
"Less worthy" is not my implication. "Less business savvy" is more like it. Sure, you can sell files on a DVD, but that limits potential sales and makes it much more difficult to make a living as a photographer.

By delivering images on a CD/DVD, the net result is that you're also depriving your clients of an experience. There's this concept that people don't know they want something if they've never seen it. Henry Ford used to say that if he listened to his customers, they would have just asked for a faster horse.
Again, you're making a huge leap about selling files here based on your experience and your idea of what a disc of images constitutes and sells for.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

I have to agree with Danielle. At my studio the digital collection is 1600.00 and yet our average sales are still 2200.00 due to very thought out, strategic planning of our pricing. Our clients love owning the files, and I love that the way our collections are set up that it guarantees they also end up with a beautiful album, wall art, or both. It's all how you set up your pricing IMO.

I will also say that in my part of the country the wealthy, tech savvy young families who was great spenders and value photography would NOT book me if I did not sell digitals. This could just be where I'm located. I personally, as a full time photographer, could not lose out on this many clients. I would need to cut down to being a part time photographer/part time starbucks barista or something- which I choose not to do

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: