Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #16
SA mom
DIS Veteran

We love the Swan. Swan and Dolphin are Starwood Hotels on Disney property and have many of the perks (EMH, for example) but do not allow charging to the room withing the park.

You can also stay at either on points. If you sign up for the Starwood American Express, you can accumulate points toward your next visit. Our last two Disney trips have been on points.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #17
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
We love the Swan. Swan and Dolphin are Starwood Hotels on Disney property and have many of the perks (EMH, for example) but do not allow charging to the room withing the park.

You can also stay at either on points. If you sign up for the Starwood American Express, you can accumulate points toward your next visit. Our last two Disney trips have been on points.
We stayed one night at the Dolphin on Jan 1 before starting our AKL discounted stay. Snagged two rooms at <$200 per night per room with AAA discount. They also discount rooms for teachers and Nurses. Rooms are nice sized, good amenities.Daily resort fee covers Wifi and two bottles of water. Parking is ~$15 per day for self park. EMH are covered as is Disney bus service but no room charge or dining plan. We were very pleased with our room for the cost and the location is great. Be advised though, while Swan has queen beds the Dolphin beds are full sized but very comfy.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14) upcoming BC 3/15

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #18
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

I know you mentioned you want to stay onsite but I will tell you the Hilton across from Downtown Disney is awesome for a couples only stay. I was deadset about staying off site during any Disney vacations but boyfriend booked us a trip for our anniversary too (took it in December) and we stayed here due to a great rate. It was so relaxing, the Hilton is a DTD resort so we had access to Extra Magic Hours, and the walk from the front of our hotel to DTD was less than 5 minutes. You could see the Disney bus stop, with access to all parks and resorts, from our room. We loved being able to walk to DTD to look around and enjoy the shops and eateries. We paid less than $100 a night for deluxe accomodations by Disney standards. For an adults only trip, I would stay here again in a heart beat.

Just something to consider. Have a great time!

June 2012 - Our First Semi-Blended Family Trip - CSR
December 2012 - DBF and I's First Ever Disney Christmas
June 2013 - Celebrating DD's 15th Birthday - OKW
November 2014 - DBF and I Celebrating My Big 4-0 at AULANI!!
jwgm2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Q

You mentioned earlier a moderate would be in the right price range- so of the moderates I definitely suggest Coronado Springs or POFQ! I would just decide from those which theme appeals to you more- Coronado is big, colorful, kind of tropical feeling, and a lot of people think it's the nicest of the moderates. Rooms are very updated. POFQ is small, quaint, and picturesque with a Louisiana theme. I'd just look thru pictures and choose one of those two! Have fun!

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

I think if I were to get away with my hubby, I'd want to stay at The Polynesian. I love the lush tropic feeling, it is just a relaxing feeling and I can wander over to the Tambu Lounge and get a nice tropical drink or go to the sushi bar. The theming is just right up my alley. Its like an exotic getaway. You forget you're in a theme park. Ofcourse until you stroll outside and see that gorgeous castle view. And its just a monorail trip away from a massage and horse and carriage ride at Grand Floridian and a very nice signature dinner at California Grill in The Contemporary!

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: