Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
royal99
Earning My Ears

Sept/nov a question or two

Hi all

A few questions for you people. I posted a few months back asking what age was earliest you took your children. After that I was all set to take mine around age of two, but it looks like the lady wants to return to florida and head off when my daughter is one, which is cool with me.

This will be our delayed honeymoon. Now due to my Job (wedding DJ/host) although we marrying in april we will be heading off either mid september or early November. We asking for Thomson Vouchers for our wedding gift but think through the shop you can fly with others?? as I noticed that Thomson from gatwick is summer only so may restrict us.

Right questions:
1. All my other trips I have been mainly in August, I see late september seems to be very quiet with less rain than August? Those with experience of this month could you advise and the same with november, Weather? Am I right in thinking Jersey weeks in november does this affect crowds?

2. Going with a one year old thinking of staying on site. I know Port orleans very well but thinking of something different, any recommendations in mid price? See Mid september you get some right bargains, was even considering Animal Lodge!

3. Does Dinning plan happen off peak? I am not sure about this due to fact I don't want to live off chips and burgers. Does it work out cost effective to Double up the tokens and go somewhere like the many wonderful sit down restaurants in Epcot?

4. Any experience with Thomson to Orlando? Noted that its advertising the route will be serviced by the Dreamliner, doesn't feel me with much confidence!

Right thats it for now any general pointers all greatly received as its been 3 years since my last visit and my first as a family! Remeber any advice I am restricted to booking through a Thomson shop. Thanks in advance.
royal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Free dining is currently still available for November. Quick service at moderates or deluxes now. You can pay to upgrade will be about £420 ish I think for two adults to upgrade for 14 days. With a baby I would choose November. I think summer, even late summer, is too hot to have a baby outside for long periods. That's just me. Added bonus of November is, if you time it right, you might catch both the Halloween and Christmas decorations and parties.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

We went with 23 month old twins so dont worry about taking your one year old. We stayed at old key west for a bit more room as we got a one bed villa for a lounge area and a washer and dryer
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
LarryFmScotland
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't be too worried about the Dreamliner. Admittedly most have been grounded, but it's for a lot of niggling problems rather than the same BIG problem. It's not that unusual for a new type of aircraft to have this kind of introduction.

I'd fly on it without any fear.

Mind you I used to fly 30 year old canvas and wood Bocians from Poland, without any fear too.

Cheers Larry.

http://larryandrobinsdisneyday.blogspot.com/
LarryFmScotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
uk adrian sharred
Love all Things Disney

I have flow with Thomson to Orlando Sanford about 3-5 times in the older 767-300 in star class and can say I love the way they treat us and am using them again in September ( I always go in September) the 787 has a few small problems but its new and some problems are expected and that's why the fleet are not being run as hard as they can be. Think of when you have a new car and some thing is not working well think of the 787 the can fit X amount of cars inside lol,

Don't worry to much about the flight as they won't send you away in a 787 if they feel unsafe

September is warm to hot in the day a spot of rain in the evening and then nice and cool in the night, ride Qs are not to bad aswel

Just get a rain mac to stuff in your pocket or bag

But as I say I love the way Thomson have looked after me on my past flights and look forward to this years flight out on 29/9/13 from Birmingham, I even can't wait to go ont the website and book 2014

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
uk adrian sharred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
royal99
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone great help. Was only Joking about Dreamliner although it is heading towards a month out of action, I bet Thomson are glad that its not until May that there took delivery otherwise that would of been a lot of money lost.
royal99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: