Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Eureka
DIS Veteran

What am I missing?

Just booked a Universal/Disney trip for August. Need to buy four adult 2-day park to park tickets, so I looked at UO website to get prices. Looked at Undercover Tourist to compare. I would save a whopping $8 total on my order. Am I missing something? Is that the extent of the discount/benefit of buying from another vendor? If so, I would rather buy from the official website. I am new to Universal and have never used UT before, just curious about it. Thanks.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Make sure you are comparing final prices. UT prices include tax and free shipping. The price you see on USO website may not include tax nor free shipping.

Also, if you join mousesavers' mailing list, she sends a monthly newsletter, with an UT link, that will save you a few cents more on UT prices.

Sometimes, AAA also has good USO prices.

Have a great trip!
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your response. I put tickets in the cart of each to see final prices and it's still $8. Maybe I should call my local AAA and ask them about prices, never thought of that. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

There isn't much difference in the buy 2 days get one free offer between the uso website and undercover tourist but it adds up when you are buying more than 1 ticket.

Price for 4 adult tickets:

Undercover tourist: $579.60

Universalorlando.com: $604.96

Last edited by damo; 02-04-2013 at 09:49 AM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
There isn't much difference in the buy 2 days get one free offer between the uso website and undercover tourist but it adds up when you are buying more than 1 ticket.
The OP is visiting in August so those tickets won't be valid. They are a little cheaper than the regular two day park to park though.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The OP is visiting in August so those tickets won't be valid. They are a little cheaper than the regular two day park to park though.
oops, I'll recalculate:

undercovertourist: $596.36

UO website: $604.96

Not a big deal for sure. The higher day tickets get you a bigger difference.

If you can find the costco tickets, they'd be a better deal for you. They are $134 for 3 days and good until the end of 2013. That would be $536 and there is no tax.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is that the extent of the discount/benefit of buying from another vendor? If so, I would rather buy from the official website. I am new to Universal and have never used UT before, just curious about it.
With UCT you get the actual tickets in the mail.

Buying directly you get a voucher which is then exchanged.

We're now AP holders with plans to keep on renewing, but our first time we had tickets in hand (from maple leaf tickets that time) and it was just REALLY convenient. I mean, don't get me wrong, using the kiosk to get my own first AP (purchased online, entered my info to the kiosk, out popped my AP) was super-easy, but not quite as easy as having a ticket in hand to go directly to the gates.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

I read somewhere that they also come with a coupon book if you purchase from the official site. I don't know if this is true or not and was a little confused. Can somone verify this?

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy for Disney View Post
I read somewhere that they also come with a coupon book if you purchase from the official site. I don't know if this is true or not and was a little confused. Can somone verify this?
The coupon book comes with a few things like buy one adult get one kid free. Get 10% off, etc. If you show your AAA card, you get 10% off anyways.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
Eureka
DIS Veteran

The AAA website is showing the same prices as the UO website, so I am not sure where the discount is. Oh well. I belong to BJ's, not Costco, and my kids are Universal/Disney adults so the coupon book wouldn't help us.

So, a related question, kind of: there is no need to buy the tickets way ahead of time, is there? I mean, am I buying for certain days that will sell out or just a 2-day ticket? I would rather wait and save for them since we are not going for 6+ months than put on a credit card now.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
The AAA website is showing the same prices as the UO website, so I am not sure where the discount is. Oh well. So, a related question, kind of: there is no need to buy the tickets way ahead of time, is there? I mean, am I buying for certain days that will sell out or just a 2-day ticket? I would rather wait and save for them since we are not going for 6+ months than put on a credit card now.
The tickets won't sell out but the price could change between now and whenever you purchase.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #12
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
The AAA website is showing the same prices as the UO website, so I am not sure where the discount is. Oh well. I belong to BJ's, not Costco, and my kids are Universal/Disney adults so the coupon book wouldn't help us.

So, a related question, kind of: there is no need to buy the tickets way ahead of time, is there? I mean, am I buying for certain days that will sell out or just a 2-day ticket? I would rather wait and save for them since we are not going for 6+ months than put on a credit card now.
ala WDW Universal raises ticket prices too. I bought a handful of AAA 7 day tix few years ago (pre HP) when they were less than $70, still kicking myself i didn't buy more.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #13
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:

No need to get them early, however prices will rise at some point. They do every year. If you see the Costco tickets, though, I would grab them as they expire the end of this year. The Costco tickets would be your most cost efficient and they are actual tickets that you don't need to exchange at guest services.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: