Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #1
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Resort Reservation and Disney Accounts

I wasn't sure where best to put this and thought it might fit in the resort forum!

I've just secured a OKW reservation with rented DVC points and in trying to link it to my Disney account (to customize bands, etc.) I think I've made a rookie mistake.

In short, the names on my reservation didn't match the names on my account exactly (Ms. Hayley Lastname v Dr. Hayley X Lastname) and I figured I would just link the reservation and contact the owner later today to change the details. However, it seems the site has just created a new 'family and friend' for me, and whilst I can see the reservation in 'My Reservations', whenever I try to access the MagicBand bit, I get the message that the reservation is already linked to Ms Hayley Lastname. (Apologies, that wasn't that short!)

However, my question is - if I delete my existing Disney account, will the link to the reservation be deleted too? That is, I was hoping I could just contact Dave's DVC and have them change the names on the res, then create a brand new account and link the reservation properly if possible.

Ugh, I'm kicking myself right now. Any other suggestions will be gratefully received!!

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
FutureMayor
Earning My Ears

Don't delete anything. Give Disney a call and explain your problem. They have a tech support team that can help you adjust MDE behind the scenes that may save you hours of frustration.

2014 (Spring) Contemporary, (Summer) Grand Foridian, (Fall) Bay Lake Towers (MNSSHP)
2013 (Summer) Polynesian, (Fall) Animal Kingdom Lodge (MVMCP)
2012 (Summer) Bay Lake Towers, (Fall) Animal Kingdom Lodge (MVMCP)
2011 Polynesian
2010 Polynesian
2009 Off-Site
FutureMayor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMayor View Post
Don't delete anything. Give Disney a call and explain your problem. They have a tech support team that can help you adjust MDE behind the scenes that may save you hours of frustration.
This.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
hockeymom519
Earning My Ears

On my MDE acct it was showing me as an additional family member and was having problems linking my reservations. A quick call took care of the problem. Much easier than I had expected.
hockeymom519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Great, thank you guys!

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: