Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
eeyoreandstitch
Earning My Ears

what to wear

What should I wear to Disney for a trip in July and also what shoes would be best?
eeyoreandstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Cool and comfortable for both clothes and shoes.

Fit flops are my favourite and also love my Havainas.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
wen-tom
spit spot!

another vote for fit flops - i hate having hot feet! if you are not worried about that, a lot of people wear trainers.

clothing, you will want to be casual and cool! I just wear a very simple cotton t shirt and shorts.

wen-tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
irenep
DIS Veteran

Same here!
T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops or sandals most days.
I don't know how people can wear trainers as my feet get so hot in them plus they would get soaked through in the torrential rain of July.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
clareyfairymouse
Mouseketeer

Another note on the rain - white clothes are great to reflect the sun in the day but will go completely see-through in a down-poor! Ponchos at the ready!

2004 - IP UK Pavilion, 2008 - 1st WDW Holiday - Pop Century, 2010 - WDW Wedding - Wedding Pavilion & Stayed at Wilderness Lodge 2013 - Florida Keys & Port Orleans Riverside
clareyfairymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Tonks12
Earning My Ears

I would also suggest flip flops but just make sure that you've worn them before and broken them in sore feet in disney is a real downer
Tonks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

As all of above

I wear Mary Jane crocs as cool on feet (can't stand hot feet either) and ok if they get wet - I can't wear flipflops (funny feet)

Shorts & cotton vest tops for me, agree with the beware of white - especially after water rides-I won't go into details

You may want to take a light weight cardi - not for outside but some air-conditioning can be fierce - OK during the day when having quick service meals but in the evening when having table service meals and sitting longer I have had chilly arms -Ohana is the worst one that springs to mind.

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzie B View Post
:

You may want to take a light weight cardi - not for outside but some air-conditioning can be fierce - OK during the day when having quick service meals but in the evening when having table service meals and sitting longer I have had chilly arms -Ohana is the worst one that springs to mind.
same thing if you ride Disney Transportation Buses. We used to call them the Big White Freezers

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
queendisney
DIS Veteran

as above with the clothes..and what ever you decide for your feet I shall reiterate what a pp said...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WORN THEM IN. I remember it well the first year we went, I bought all new clothes and nice new sandals and OMG my feet hurt so much. You only do it once though

I found trainers were good for the evening after we'd gone back had a break etc then went out again, but in the day time if you just think how hot it is outside your trainers then think of what the temp is inside your trainers!!

Personally I always go for proper walking sandals, with a bit more support in them, can't be doing with anything flopping about on my feet as find it makes my legs hurt..

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
same thing if you ride Disney Transportation Buses. We used to call them the Big White Freezers

Yes...never really thought of it like that before but you're so right.

Mind you its nice at first but if it's a longish journey it can indeed be a bit nippy!!

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #11
Stitch's Greatest Fa
DIS Veteran

Loads of people will tell you trainers - I say NO NO NO lol! The year I learned finally not to wear trainers was the year I was finally completely happy to walk around the parks. I prefer sports type sandals - Teva, Nike etc. I just feel that I need shoes that are strapped to my feet rather than flip flops as I like to know I am not going to lose my footwear entering/exiting rides!

1995 1st time - Kissimee Villas 1997 Kissimmee Villas 2002 Kissimmee Villas 2004 - 1st time on site Polynesian Honeymoon 2005 Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Pop Century 2007 POFQ 2008 Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge 2009 Beach Club 2010 AKL/CR/SSR2011 Hilton Parc Soleil2013 Wilderness Lodge 2014 Hilton Parc Soleil
Stitch's Greatest Fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Crocs and loose fitting tops. Tight I find unpleasant in 90 degrees! Me and DD each carry one of those really thin cardigan type tops (not sure what to call them, New Look had rails of them last summer very cheap), for dealing with the air conditioning. They roll up very small so are easy to carry. Also a cap and sunglasses.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
Button
A princess waiting for Cinders to ship on out of that castle.

I love wearing my crocs in park, I find them really comfy and your feet don't slide if you get wet. Flip flops yep but my hubby has a bad habit of stepping on them and that's when you do the flip flop hop.

I used to wear trainers buttoned honest those trips are when my feet really hurt. Pack some blister plasters just in case, they work wonders.

July is hot if you feel the need for a water fan get one in Walmart not disney as so overpriced in parks. You can always stick a mickey sticker on it.

Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

By trainers do people mean proper trainers or vans/converse type?

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #15
saddler andy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam
By trainers do people mean proper trainers or vans/converse type?
It depends, I wear asics road runner trainers extremely comfortable.

However I wore toms all last time and my feet barely ached.

As for clothing I wear vests/tshirts and shorts but I still manage to sweat ridiculous amounts.
2005 - Embassy Suites
2009 - Emerald Island
2011 - Windsor Hills
2013 - ?

UK SPENDING GAME NUMBER 22
saddler andy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: