Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

What would you do?

I have a spare 400.00 or so set aside to add some surprise pixie-dust to our February 26th trip. I'm debating:

1. Doing dinner at Victoria and Albert's - we've never eaten there and both love fine dining. (We are a platonic male/female duo traveling together- talked about V & A previously and not freaked out about it being semi romantic )

2. Having some fun switching hotels and getting a sense for the future- right now we're booked at CBR for 7 nights- but eating at Artist Point our very first night. My 'dream' resort is WL so I was thinking about upgrading to WL for that first night and then our last night we're planning to be at Epcot in the AM and later in the PM and am thinking about booking my travel buddy's 'dream' resort- Beach Club. We're easy packers/movers/etc. so a split stay concept doesn't intimidate us.

3. Ps also considered some other concepts like special Disney tours- but we've both worked there so a lot of the tours aren't exciting to us and the safari one is probably not up our alley! Open to either pixie dust ideas tho!

Thoughts?? Thank you! Want to surprise my best guy friend who I'm traveling with somehow.

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

I would recommend a few things.

1) try the keys to the kingdom tour at the MK. Its really great. As long as you are not with kids that are under 16. Its a great tour and it makes you have even more of an apreciation for the parks.

2) try the hoop dee doo musican review. Its a dinner show. Its really great and fun. The entire show is entertaining and its all you can eat and drink(soda, tea, beer and wine and sangria)
DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude&jonah View Post
I have a spare 400.00 or so set aside to add some surprise pixie-dust to our February 26th trip. I'm debating:

1. Doing dinner at Victoria and Albert's - we've never eaten there and both love fine dining. (We are a platonic male/female duo traveling together- talked about V & A previously and not freaked out about it being semi romantic )

2. Having some fun switching hotels and getting a sense for the future- right now we're booked at CBR for 7 nights- but eating at Artist Point our very first night. My 'dream' resort is WL so I was thinking about upgrading to WL for that first night and then our last night we're planning to be at Epcot in the AM and later in the PM and am thinking about booking my travel buddy's 'dream' resort- Beach Club. We're easy packers/movers/etc. so a split stay concept doesn't intimidate us.

3. Ps also considered some other concepts like special Disney tours- but we've both worked there so a lot of the tours aren't exciting to us and the safari one is probably not up our alley! Open to either pixie dust ideas tho!

Thoughts?? Thank you! Want to surprise my best guy friend who I'm traveling with somehow.
I would pick number 2!! V&A is very nice, but to be able to fully enjoy the amenities at your dream resorts - yippee!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

How about the Illuminations Cruise at Epcot, or the Wishes Cruise at MK. It will run you about $350 not including the tip for the boat driver.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
I would pick number 2!! V&A is very nice, but to be able to fully enjoy the amenities at your dream resorts - yippee!
I second that ... However, I found it to be more satisfying ending at the Deluxe level resort instead of starting there and moving to the moderate. (I think BC is a great way to spend your last night though)
Also ... I think CL would make it even more special.

Last edited by elaw; 02-04-2013 at 10:02 AM.
elaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Thanks guys!!! About the first suggestion- I do wish there was some kind of Disney add on that was a good fit- but we both used to work some at mk so that wouldn't be too exciting for us and also I used to do the fireworks cruises at the grand for my job so that probably wouldn't be too special!

I am leaning towards 2 as well. Going to research how to do a split stay a little better today! Thank you!

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

I agree, check out your favorite resorts. However, I agree that the Hoop Dee Doo is awesome. Done it 3 times and would without hesitation do it again!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: