Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

notifying Disney of airfare

If you choose to purchase airfare on your own and not through Disney , do you have to let Disney know those flight arrangements by a certain time? I have my transfers (pre and post) through Disney , and I am not sure how long I have( if mandatory to report to Disney) to wait out these ridiculously high airline prices. Hoping to wait it out and find the prices dropping soon. My cruise is not until May, so hopefully the prices will drop in the next month or two.
erinfarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It is part of the on line check in process, which can be edited at least up to 3 days before embarkation.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinfarber
If you choose to purchase airfare on your own and not through Disney , do you have to let Disney know those flight arrangements by a certain time? I have my transfers (pre and post) through Disney , and I am not sure how long I have( if mandatory to report to Disney) to wait out these ridiculously high airline prices. Hoping to wait it out and find the prices dropping soon. My cruise is not until May, so hopefully the prices will drop in the next month or two.
I'm in May too and I'm hoping they go down.,. I'm not doing ME transportation but really hope airfare goes down
Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any idea what a good rate would be from Newark NJ -to- Orlando nonstop- economy- in May. I have no idea at what price to jump on a good deal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer

Make sure you do tell them though as they can do your pre boarding check in for your return flight if you are on a participating airline. So, on the last full day you will receive your boarding passes and luggage tags. You put your bags out on the last night, and you don't have to deal with them again until you get to your home airport.
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
clten
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinfarber View Post
Anyone have any idea what a good rate would be from Newark NJ -to- Orlando nonstop- economy- in May. I have no idea at what price to jump on a good deal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Average airfare is about $100 each way. Some times you can get a special on Jet Blue but those are pretty limited in the dates when they release them. I often check one way fares too so you can snag the best price for each direction even if it's on different airlines. (We usually go non-stop either United or JetBlue. Just remember when comparing prices that United has a fee for the first checked bag per person, Jet Blue does not.) Also, depending on how flexible you are is going to determine if you can get the cheapest fare. If airfare for your dates is already $150-$200 each way, usually not going to see a sale that will bring the prices down. (The plane is already filling and they don't need to discount to sell the seats.)
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
Average airfare is about $100 each way. Some times you can get a special on Jet Blue but those are pretty limited in the dates when they release them. I often check one way fares too so you can snag the best price for each direction even if it's on different airlines. (We usually go non-stop either United or JetBlue. Just remember when comparing prices that United has a fee for the first checked bag per person, Jet Blue does not.) Also, depending on how flexible you are is going to determine if you can get the cheapest fare. If airfare for your dates is already $150-$200 each way, usually not going to see a sale that will bring the prices down. (The plane is already filling and they don't need to discount to sell the seats.)
Thank you so much for your response. I have been tracking flights for about 3 months now, by way of Yapta, and the cheapest fare I can find at this moment is 354.00 per person. There was a deal yesterday for 300.00. Should I jump on anything 300.00 or less? Not sure that will ever happen again, but I am not sure what a good deal vs. a bad deal is. However, I can tell you 300.00 was by far the lowest I have seen it for this time frame. Should I jump on 300.00 if it is offered again, or is it customary for the prices to drop the closer you are to booking? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinfarber View Post
I booked everything through Disney, hoping to find lower rates....which I did.My cruise is May 18 and my travel agent said the last day to REMOVE Disney air travel without penalty was Mar.4 which is the last day to make ANY changes to the reservation. So if you have already selected Disney air options there is indeed a cut off date to change things.

We did remove disney air....kept the transfers to and from port though. We are saving about 1000 dollars or so for a family of 4.

Looking back at your post though, you never added the Disney air, so you are fine, like another poster said, just add it to your online check in.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
MickeySTL
Earning My Ears

Not sure which day you would be traveling, but Southwest has rates around $100.
MickeySTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: