Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #31
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinannie View Post

Just remember that most of the line is OUTSIDE and uncovered. Meaning in August a 20 minute wait outdoors may be the death of you!! Especially with a potentially exhausted and hungry 4 year old.

We are trying to have a late lunch there in October. We have a character breakfast buffet scheduled for that morning, so we can probably make it to a late lunch (1:45-2pm). I had read somewhere that lunch was served until 2pm and you just had to be in the line by 2. If this is wrong, please advise, because this is my plan of attack. To be in in line at 1:45 for shorter waits.
We did get a dinner reservation and will still try for a lunch earlier in the week. Hoping to do both but I won't push it.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

We did dinner during our March trip and found it to be divine. I really was most excited (as I'm sure most people are) for the experience, but I LOVED the food at dinner. We ended up having lunch there a couple days later, and it was wonderful as well, though more casual.

If I were to decide if dinner was necessary or lunch was enough, I would have a few criteria.

1) If on the DDP, it is an excellent value and absolutely worth the table service credit.

2) My travel party. If I were with very young kids I would definitely lean toward lunch just because it was always hard for me to do a relaxing, lingering dinner and get the full experience when DD was littler.

If I were on the DDP with older kids or adults, hands down dinner and lunch, too, if it could be arranged!

ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #33
xsuki000
Mouseketeer

I was there at the end of April. My friend and I started waiting at 11:30 and the total wait to get to where you order was only half an hour. But our wait seems shorter than what everyone else here has posted so maybe we got lucky? In our situation, it did seem like a good number of groups left or did not get in line when the wait looked too intimidating. I'm sure this happens often so i'd suggest sticking it out (but then we didn't have any kids with us).

Food came out almost immediately when we got to the table. Be ready to take lots of pictures, i spent the first 20 minutes inside taking pictures of all the rooms.

I'd recommend to anyone who at least has a slight interest in beauty and the beast to eat there. Beauty and the Beast isn't even on my Top 10 Disney/Pixar movies and I was amazed at how they brought the castle to life. They play an instrumental of tale as old as time inside, digital snow falls at the big window at the end while you eat. It was my first time to disney world and yet it was still i'd have to say my most memorable moment there of the whole trip.

If you're a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, i'd probably recommend getting dinner reservations. If you're celebrating a special occasiona, you can tell them and try the gray stuff. . But for a casual fan, I think lunch is enough for you to get the atmosphere and be able to take the pictures.
xsuki000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #34
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsuki000 View Post
So correct me if i'm wrong. You don't need reservations for lunch but might be forced to wait very long?

I tried to make reservations today but nothings available during the entire week I'm there so i'm hoping to be able to wait for a table at lunch.

Does anyone know how long the wait can get?
We had lunch 4th of July week. They were supposed to open at 10:30, but for some reason decided to open at 10. To our surprise, we walked right in at 10:30. We really enjoyed the lunch menu and and the interior of the restaurant. Definitely worth a visit.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: