Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #46
bigredbill
Go Huskers!

Oh that was terrible. Even my teenage daughter, who tries to disagree with me on everything, thought it was terrible.

bigredbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #47
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Gemini's Twin http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/trl/n11386
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #48
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Was NOT impressed at all............ it was horrible!!! I had HOPED she would come out with guns blazing after all the controversy about her lip syncing - which by the way I think is stupid.......... in some situations, lip syncing is the only option and I have no problem with it. HOWEVER, in this case, YAWN - firstly, is that the ONLY "outfit" she owns to perform in?? We've all seen it way toooooo many times, it's too trampy for this venue. Second, the "dancing", lol, (I call it something altogether different) but, really, we've seen all that before.......... I'd have like to see something NEW - and then, a Destiny's Child reunion?? Really, WHY?? I thought BEYONCE was suppose to perform?? The show looked absolutely taped or something, I don't know, I just didn't care for it at all.......... It was like watching one of her videos - same old same old...... boring & trashy!!

My vote for a kick behind halftime show - how about Journey - with a Steve Perry reunion!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #49
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

I actually liked it. I'm not a huge Beyonce fan, but I thought it was entertaining at least. I hated Madonna last year and the Black Eyed Peas the year before that, so I was pleasantly surprised.

In fact, not a single person I'm friends with on facebook expressed a dislike for the show. Everyone that posted something said they liked it. But, then again, we're all within the "target audience."
Old 02-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #50
bananasplitkids
Mouseketeer

I loved the show. I thought the stage was great and the effects. I also loved her outfit. I've been to one of her shows(for free) and she definitely puts on a great show. The destiny child piece was great to see them together again...but Michelle doesn't quite have it her dancing was very off and stiff. My friends all loved it but then again were the target audience. Im actually looking forward to her concert this summer.
bananasplitkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #51
shortbun
Peacenik

My house had people from 17 to 59 watching the game and the halftime show. We all loved the halftime show. We agreed that this was the first show where we could actually see what was going on. We liked the special effects, the songs Beyonce chose and we all liked her outfit and dancing-albeit for different reasons. The teen boys were enrapt and tweeting like crazy-pictures, lauding Jay-Z for his choice of wives, loving the Destiny's Child redux. I thought her performance was professional, well rehearsed, cute and entertaining. The whole room was on it's feet in the beginning. 1st two or three songz were favs.

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #52
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

LOVED the special effects... the outlining of the stage to be two faces, the "stage" as a "screen" (from the overhead and the "mirrored" look) wowed me. Beyonce's performance? Not so much.

Yes, she's a talented dancer. But she's also known for her voice and it seemed there were more background vocals than Beyonce vocals. I was disappointed.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #53
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon
LOVED the special effects... the outlining of the stage to be two faces, the "stage" as a "screen" (from the overhead and the "mirrored" look) wowed me. Beyonce's performance? Not so much.

Yes, she's a talented dancer. But she's also known for her voice and it seemed there were more background vocals than Beyonce vocals. I was disappointed.
Except when Michelle and Kelly came out. I asked my husband if their mics were even on. I got all excited for the DC reunion then I could not even hear 2/3's of them.
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #54
DMass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozan View Post
Sure wasn't much singing going on by Beyonce. I wish they'd go 'old school' and have different marching bands doing formations. Now THAT was a half time show!
Agree!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #55
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaygal View Post
Agreed!!!

They try to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. Unfortunately, the older we get, the less likely we are to be the "primary target audience."

Not a Beyonce fan, but I thought some of the effects were cool.

I thought she was decent. the problem is what the younger generation calls music is not what I would listen to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
It was absolutely crap. Unfortunately, people glorify these people. They should have hired someone like Aerosmith to do the show. At least they actually sound good when they sing!
We are talking about the Aerosmith with Steve tyler right?

I'd rather hear nails on a chalkboard then his catawauling.

Which pretty much highlights the problem. one persons singing is anothers screeching.
eliza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #56
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

U2. Springsteen. McCartney. Now THOSE were good halftime shows.

Beyonce barely sang. At least she didn't lip sync.

Last year, Madonna was showing her age (as were The Rolling Stones and The Who).

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR

Last edited by FlightlessDuck; 02-04-2013 at 07:51 AM.
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #57
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

Eh, I thought the stage was cool, and sadly I expect to see half-naked performers these days but I thought her performance kind of blowed. She was trying too hard to be sexy with all of the seductive looks and finger licking instead of focusing on her singing and dancing. I thought she had an odd interaction with the audience too. What was the deal with her "hair whipping" the audience at the end? That went on far too long and I thought it was totally bizarre.
teacup princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #58
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Maybe for 2014 they can bring back marching bands. The Meadowlands will be too cold to set up/break down a stage in the limited amount of time they have for the show. Bands would be perfect.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #59
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Also, with the rich musical tradition that New Orleans has, I wish they had showcased that -- jazz musicians, Creole, brass band. That would have been much more exciting. And much more celebratory, for a city (and dome) on the rebound.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #60
ICF
DIS Veteran

Zombie Liberace would have been much better last night than the horrible show we actually got.
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: