Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #151
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

For the Grey Cup with the CFL we got Bieber this year. Don't complain.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #152
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibles! View Post
False.
Earlier when I heard it, it sounded official. Yes I know the NFL is now saying that isn't true and to chill out.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #153
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyMandy View Post
Equating quantity with quality. I.e, that because people tuned in that meant they liked it. A flawed assumption, given her subsequent M.D.N.A. album was a sales dud.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1416094.html

Very true. Some of us tuned in for the , because we knew it would be spectacularly awful, and she sure didn't disappoint in that regard.....
Lynne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #154
Metsfan520
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
Okayyyyy ... but we're talking about halftime show ratings, not album sales. That means something specific. I.e., how many people watched. I posted to correct your factually inaccurate statement that Madonna "was the worst rated half time show in Super Bowl history," as it was in fact the HIGHEST rated.
As Richard Castle once said "don't ruin my story with your logic."
Metsfan520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #155
plutotek
DIS Veteran

Any event that results in this is a success in my book:

http://music.yahoo.com/news/beyonces...014111267.html
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #156
Tony-NJ
Ready for Spring!!!
Needs at least 8 hours
Loves weeping willows

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr View Post
They did, it was called Madonna.
Tony-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #157
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Glad to find I'm not the only one who didn't care for all of the effects. The views from above with multiple images of her, the stupid faces on the side of the stage, the fake hair streaming out. Ick.
See, the effects were the only thing I LIKED about the performance. Different strokes.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #158
CandyMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan520 View Post
As Richard Castle once said "don't ruin my story with your logic."
And as Lucius Annaeus Seneca said centuries ago, "it is quality rather than quantity that matters."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-NJ View Post
The New Jersey state legislature once considered making the Bruce Springsteen song "Born to Run" the state anthem.

But they dropped the idea after realizing a song with the wonderfully descriptive lyrics "it's a death trap, it's a suicide rap, we gotta get out while we're young" wasn't exactly a homage.

Last edited by CandyMandy; 02-06-2013 at 09:56 AM.
CandyMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #159
Rx774
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Wow is this thread long.

I don't know about anyone here but I love Beyonce. I missed it though, just saw snippets on the news.

I heard she sang LIVE, so KUDOS to her, not easy to do at the Superbowl while dancing.
Its long because there appears to be a lot of haters of her. So that... unfortunately is what you are going to get. On the first page, someone brought up, why didn't they have someone do country music. I'm not a fan of country music, but i'm not going to speak ill of it, because that would be quite ignorant.

So it appears as though this thread has turned into a haven for those who already had an ax to grind about her "shaking her rear" and decided to put their 2 cents in.

Its actually quite a shame.
D (39) M (36) Annika - Wish Kid #2 (12) Christian - Wish Kid #1 (7) Dylan (3)
Christian's Make A Wish Trip Report

Annika's Make A Wish Trip Report
Rx774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #160
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx774 View Post
Its long because there appears to be a lot of haters of her. So that... unfortunately is what you are going to get. On the first page, someone brought up, why didn't they have someone do country music. I'm not a fan of country music, but i'm not going to speak ill of it, because that would be quite ignorant.

So it appears as though this thread has turned into a haven for those who already had an ax to grind about her "shaking her rear" and decided to put their 2 cents in.

I wish the OP would have said only those who liked the performance could post. That would have kept out the "haters".

Just because people didn't like the performance, or didn't think the "booty shaking" was appropriate doesn't mean they're "haters". It's OPINIONS. I can't believe you think it's a "shame" that people are sharing their thoughts.

Part of the reason the thread is so long is because it spun off... people suggested who they'd like to see, others told about their experiences at halftime shows, others talked about bands performing, and there was a page or two about whether there was going to be a halftime show next year.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #161
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:

An "axe to grind"? Really? So, not liking the performance is a bad thing?

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #162
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon
I wish the OP would have said only those who liked the performance could post. That would have kept out the "haters".

Just because people didn't like the performance, or didn't think the "booty shaking" was appropriate doesn't mean they're "haters". It's OPINIONS. I can't believe you think it's a "shame" that people are sharing their thoughts.

Part of the reason the thread is so long is because it spun off... people suggested who they'd like to see, others told about their experiences at halftime shows, others talked about bands performing, and there was a page or two about whether there was going to be a halftime show next year.
If the OP had really put that only people who enjoyed the performance that it would really keep the haters away? I don't.
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #163
Rx774
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post

I don't know. I read more than just opinions. Also, i like if someone has a strong opinion about something, especially something they see as negative, if they just give an explanation why they find said performance so disappointing.

I didn't get that.

Its like you go to a movie board, and someone says, "This movie sucks..."
But then doesn't follow up up and explain how they came to that conclusion of great wisdom.

I'll stand by my country music analogy, and if it was a CM half-time show instead, knowing good and well, i'm not a fan, me saying, "That was really a horrible performance!" Well, what would i be basing that off of... if i wasn't a fan to begin with???
D (39) M (36) Annika - Wish Kid #2 (12) Christian - Wish Kid #1 (7) Dylan (3)
Christian's Make A Wish Trip Report

Annika's Make A Wish Trip Report
Rx774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #164
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

I like her, it wasn't one of her better performances but it was enjoyable.

The artists they had after the Janet Jackson incident were old and boring.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #165
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post
If the OP had really put that only people who enjoyed the performance that it would really keep the haters away? I don't.
It was sarcasm.

Quote:
I don't know. I read more than just opinions. Also, i like if someone has a strong opinion about something, especially something they see as negative, if they just give an explanation why they find said performance so disappointing.

I didn't get that.

Its like you go to a movie board, and someone says, "This movie sucks..."
But then doesn't follow up up and explain how they came to that conclusion of great wisdom.

I'll stand by my country music analogy, and if it was a CM half-time show instead, knowing good and well, i'm not a fan, me saying, "That was really a horrible performance!" Well, what would i be basing that off of... if i wasn't a fan to begin with???
Wait, isn't everything either opinion or fact? No, ALL you read was opinion. Granted, some posters didn't say WHY they didn't like the show, so? That doesn't mean they're "haters".

Your post came off as people can't have opinions, and should only post if they liked the show. I'm sure that's not what you meant, but that's how it sounded (to me at least).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: