Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #31
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenawen
Do you have a picture of the All Hands on Deck cheese tray?
Use search this forum and you will find lots of pictures

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
Matty Ice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbysboutiquecloset View Post
We leave tomorrow and I'm trying to pack our clothes. Any suggestions? Shorts or jeans? Long sleeve or short sleeve? How casual is everyone dressed?
I packed jeans, but never wore them. I wore linen pants to dinner the first 2 nights and to Palo for brunch. Other than that it was shorts. Everyone was pretty casual. I wore a hoodie the last night on deck cause it was a little windy. You may want to pack a light sweater or jacket for the dining rooms and theater. I mainly wore "camp" or Hawaiian shirts to dinner, but most of the time I wore a tee shirt.

We did dress up for Pirate night in pirate costumes, but not a lot of other people were.

Have a great cruise! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Matt
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #33
Matty Ice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenawen View Post
Do you have a picture of the All Hands on Deck cheese tray?
It was gone before I was even able to get my camera out.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #34
spaddy
I swear he would make us ride that over and over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
9. Instead of carrying the Daily Navigator around, I took a picture of it on my iPhone. I had my phone with me for picture taking anyway, so it worked out great!
Do you still have the navigator photos? I would love to see the 5 day Cozumel/Grand Caymen navigators.
spaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #35
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

I'm not sure I understand the deal with the show holder. Our cruise is coming up in just over three weeks and I've already done a lot of our packing. I took out a shoe holder to see what would fit in it and and I only needed like two pockets for all our bathroom stuff. Maybe we travel with less stuff that other people? Maybe I'm missing something people use the organizer for? What makes the shoe holder such a must have item?

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #36
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
I'm not sure I understand the deal with the show holder. Our cruise is coming up in just over three weeks and I've already done a lot of our packing. I took out a shoe holder to see what would fit in it and and I only needed like two pockets for all our bathroom stuff. Maybe we travel with less stuff that other people? Maybe I'm missing something people use the organizer for? What makes the shoe holder such a must have item?
I actually don't use a shoe holder, but have a hanging pocket organizer thing. It's got some small medium and larger pockets. I use it for little stuff that can easily get scattered, watches, jewelry, pin backs etc. Find it really keeps things neat and handy.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #37
Matty Ice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We used it to hold sunblock, air freshener, shaving cream, mouth wash, a few other toiletries and the kids shoes. It helped to keep the room less cluttered and easy to find things. The family we were with thought it was a great idea and wished they had brought something like it to keep their stuff organized.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #38
spaddy
I swear he would make us ride that over and over

Quote:
I also have just a smaller hanging holder and I love it. We use it for all the stuff that will get thrown on the desk normally, sunglasses, sunblock, lanyards, room keys, hair brushes, camera. Ours is about half size of a shoe holder and I was probably luck that I snagged it when I found one at Target.
spaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #39
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje
We use a shoe holder. Each family mber gets their own row of pockets for sunglasses, lanyard, brush, and other personal items. There isn't a lot of room on the counters, so it's a big help.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #40
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Well it makes sense when you all put it like that. I think I just have shoe holder packing dysfunction.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #41
MyMinnieMice
Earning My Ears

Great tips! Thanks.
Matty Ice:I have a question about the shore excursions...when you say that you went to Paradise Beach or Mr Sanchos (as another poster mentioned), are these All Inclusive Resorts that you pay to spend the day at??? Or is it just a public beach area?
Thanks!
MyMinnieMice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #42
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bceagle76 View Post
We have done 9 cruises and never done palo
we love eating as a family .
plus as you menition on all cruises we have really got to know our wait staff and felt like we would miss if we didnt go to dinner
in 9 cruises I have only missed dinner twice sea sick and just sick once
65 nights on board

8/99 4day Magic
4/02 7 day Magic
8/03 7 day Magic
11/05 4 day wonder pin cruise
8/06 7 day Magic
8/08 15 night Panama Canal
8/09 7 day Magic
8/11 Alaska
12/12 Christmas on the Fantasy
We were on the Fantasy 12/15-22/12 when were you onboard?

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #43
Matty Ice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMinnieMice View Post
Great tips! Thanks.
Matty Ice:I have a question about the shore excursions...when you say that you went to Paradise Beach or Mr Sanchos (as another poster mentioned), are these All Inclusive Resorts that you pay to spend the day at??? Or is it just a public beach area?
Thanks!
Paradise Beach was $2/pp for a chair and umbrella and use of the swimming pool plus beach access. You can pay an additional $12/pp to use the blowups in the water; trampoline, slide, mountain etc. I'm not sure if Paradise Beach has an all inclusive package. We ordered a couple drinks for us and the kids plus chips and guacamole. I do know that Mr. Sanchos has an all inclusive package that is around $50/pp and includes food and drinks.

Matt
Old 02-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #44
MyMinnieMice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
Paradise Beach was $2/pp for a chair and umbrella and use of the swimming pool plus beach access. You can pay an additional $12/pp to use the blowups in the water; trampoline, slide, mountain etc. I'm not sure if Paradise Beach has an all inclusive package. We ordered a couple drinks for us and the kids plus chips and guacamole. I do know that Mr. Sanchos has an all inclusive package that is around $50/pp and includes food and drinks.

Matt
Thanks, I like the idea of a low key shore excursion so we will look into this option!
MyMinnieMice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #45
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Been on 11 DCL cruises and have never used a shoe organizer. Never found a need for it. What we do take and I have not seen mentioned is a pop up clothes hamper. Love it on our long cruises (more than 7 days) because I just take the entire hamper to the laundry room when I have to do laundry.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: