Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
Matty Ice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thanks!

Glad I don't have to make a reservation. I've looked a little at the reservation beach options but what happens if it rains or we change our mind, we'd be out that money. That's my thinking for now anyway.

That sounds great for breakfast and lunch, to not be tied down to a time. Are their servers by the pool or just the QS options? Do the cabins have mini fridges? We're the drinks (alcohol) expensive? i know we can bring our own But with just DS and myself, that wont be necessary. I'm not a huge drinker but like one or two with dinner. Now beachside is another story.

What about sodas and water during the day?
There are drink servers walking around the pools. For food just go up to the counter and order, takes less than 5 minutes. There are mini fridges in the rooms. We ordered a 6 pack of Coke and Diet Coke from Room Service ($10/ 6 pk ) and they both fit in the fridge. I didn't think drinks were too expensive. We bought the nice 22 oz souvenir Beer Mug for $15 and refills were about $5. The drink of the day was about $4.50 and always delicious. We'll make sure to bring a couple 6 packs onto the ship next time.

There are soda fountains on deck 9 that have Coke products and water that are included. We used refillable mugs and topped them off with a little Rum that we brought on the ship.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #17
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
They've been testing an iPhone app - hopefully it will come out soon. This was back in Nov '13. Unless they decided to scrap it?
How would they do that? Unless you run it and download them all before you go, you have to pay for wifi on board.
NurseDave is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
slatterie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
There are drink servers walking around the pools. For food just go up to the counter and order, takes less than 5 minutes. There are mini fridges in the rooms. We ordered a 6 pack of Coke and Diet Coke from Room Service ($10/ 6 pk ) and they both fit in the fridge. I didn't think drinks were too expensive. We bought the nice 22 oz souvenir Beer Mug for $15 and refills were about $5. The drink of the day was about $4.50 and always delicious. We'll make sure to bring a couple 6 packs onto the ship next time.

There are soda fountains on deck 9 that have Coke products and water that are included. We used refillable mugs and topped them off with a little Rum that we brought on the ship.
Still bummed sodas are only Coke products (not even Mr Pibb! ) but the mug can be used for either beer or cocktails? or is there a different souvenir glass for non-beer drinks?
slatterie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Do we purchase the refillable mugs separate like at WDW or could I fill my Nalgene bottle with water from the soda station? Are kids' virgin drinks extra? Not that it really matters... I'd never say no anyway but want to get a clear idea of what this is going to cost.

Rum! I will bring a bottle.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #20
Matty Ice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatterie View Post
Still bummed sodas are only Coke products (not even Mr Pibb! ) but the mug can be used for either beer or cocktails? or is there a different souvenir glass for non-beer drinks?
The Beer mug can only be used for beer. There are cheap plastic glasses the cocktails come in. I guess you could keep them as souvenirs, but they are not refillable. They sell nice Pirate souvenir cups on Pirate night for about $5 that we bought for our girls, but still not refillable.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #21
Matty Ice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Do we purchase the refillable mugs separate like at WDW or could I fill my Nalgene bottle with water from the soda station? Are kids' virgin drinks extra? Not that it really matters... I'd never say no anyway but want to get a clear idea of what this is going to cost.

Rum! I will bring a bottle.
You can purchase the refillable beer mug at any bar for $15 and have it refilled with beer only. We brought our own "Bubba" mugs to fill up with soda from the fountain. Definitely could fill your own bottle with water/soda. We saw lots of people with lots of different mugs/bottles they were filling with soda and water. There are non alcoholic/Virgin drinks that do cost extra. They have an alcoholic and non-alcoholic Drink of the Day.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
bceagle76
Mouseketeer

We have done 9 cruises and never done palo
we love eating as a family .
plus as you menition on all cruises we have really got to know our wait staff and felt like we would miss if we didnt go to dinner
in 9 cruises I have only missed dinner twice sea sick and just sick once
65 nights on board

8/99 4day Magic
4/02 7 day Magic
8/03 7 day Magic
11/05 4 day wonder pin cruise
8/06 7 day Magic
8/08 15 night Panama Canal
8/09 7 day Magic
8/11 Alaska
12/12 Christmas on the Fantasy
bceagle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #23
jaime563
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great tips! We are going on our first cruise in July and are absolutely thrilled!!!
Happy Sailing!
Jaime563
jaime563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
Matty Ice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bceagle76 View Post
We have done 9 cruises and never done palo
we love eating as a family .
plus as you menition on all cruises we have really got to know our wait staff and felt like we would miss if we didnt go to dinner
in 9 cruises I have only missed dinner twice sea sick and just sick once
65 nights on board
We loved having Brunch at Palo. The alone time and food were outstanding. I couldn't miss dinner with the girls, because our servers Christian and Sheldon made it so memorable. In fact, the last night we took a picture with them and had them sign the girls autograph book. I think the girls were more excited about their autograph than any character autograph they got.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #25
DocMcMommy
Earning My Ears

I love the idea of having the servers autograph your autograph books! The servers do work hard and hope you have fine as a family together at dinner.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #26
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
We loved having Brunch at Palo. The alone time and food were outstanding. I couldn't miss dinner with the girls, because our servers Christian and Sheldon made it so memorable. In fact, the last night we took a picture with them and had them sign the girls autograph book. I think the girls were more excited about their autograph than any character autograph they got.

There is nothing like awesome cast members to totally add to the experience and magic.

Quote:
You can purchase the refillable beer mug at any bar for $15 and have it refilled with beer only. We brought our own "Bubba" mugs to fill up with soda from the fountain. Definitely could fill your own bottle with water/soda. We saw lots of people with lots of different mugs/bottles they were filling with soda and water. There are non alcoholic/Virgin drinks that do cost extra. They have an alcoholic and non-alcoholic Drink of the Day.
Perfect. We'll pack our mugs from Typhoon Lagoon. This is so helpful!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #27
Abbysboutiquecloset
Earning My Ears

We leave tomorrow and I'm trying to pack our clothes. Any suggestions? Shorts or jeans? Long sleeve or short sleeve? How casual is everyone dressed?
Abbysboutiquecloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #28
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

We concluded our first cruise two days ago Here are my 2 silly little cents:
1) Buy a hanging air freshener for the restroom in the stateroom. I got some nice ones from Yankee Candle, and it was WORTH IT! Also gave these out as FE gifts.
2) Try to participate in Fish Extenders. It was so fun to see how creative others are and the kids love little surprises.
3) Bring your own alcohol. Saves $$
4) Place room service request card for the next morning. They call to let you know that it is on the way, which served as our wake up call. We got spoiled with the ease of room service. Must get the cheese and crackers as well as the big chocolate chip cookies
5) Participate in pin trading. At first, I thought I was not going to, but it actually is fun because you get to know the CMs and Officers. My daughter went a step further and invited all the CMs we met, and had time, to write in her book. Was like an autograph book from around the world.

These are the top 5 things that made the cruise easy and memorable.

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #29
Wenawen
Earning My Ears

Do you have a picture of the All Hands on Deck cheese tray?
Wenawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #30
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

I agree with most of your tips!! we just dont take a shoe organizer.. I never used it.

We went to Paradise Beach last summer.... we had a blast there... it would rain, then sun. Just wish there had been more sunshine!!

an extension cord is a must for us.. not enough plus!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: