Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
disneydania
Disney-obsessed & Proud of It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
oh I am so glad you found a dress!!!
Its very pretty!!! maybe when it comes in and you get to take it home you can snap some pics for us to see

cant wait to read more!!
I know. it was the only real bummer of my happy moment. Not having a pic to show my hubby was disappointing, but as soon as it comes (3-4 months I believe), I'll take hubby and the kids to try it on and definitely get a photo of me in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I love the dress...it seems perfect for your vow renewal, how it fits with your theme.
Thanks. Even though the website photo is of the white dress, it still shows off beautifully and how much it goes with the understated BATB theme I'm aiming for.

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

disneydania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #17
pkdang
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydania View Post

Etsy. The phrase on the outside of the bag is sort of a running theme throughout the VR (we're using it on our invites too).

I absolutely love this phrase! You don't mind if I use it too? I'm not sure where to incorporate it in, but I really love it!

Also I'm super excited you have found your perfect dress! You've done so much already in your planning can't wait to see more!
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #18
disneydania

I posted my STD cards and pre-RSVPs on another thread, so I figured it was appropriate to put them in my PJ too.

Save The Date card

Pre-RSVP card

I have to give credit for the pre-rsvp wording to jessiegirl84. The background for the STD was on the internet and another DISboard bride was using it for something I believe, but I didn;t bookmark it.

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #19
disneydania

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdang View Post
I absolutely love this phrase! You don't mind if I use it too? I'm not sure where to incorporate it in, but I really love it!

Also I'm super excited you have found your perfect dress! You've done so much already in your planning can't wait to see more!
Well the phrase is not mine. I've seen it EVERYWHERE on Etsy, so it must be very popular. Feel free to run with it.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #20
disneydania

Some of the items I've ordered for the VR are slowly coming in.

Since our luncheon at The Attic will be very simple (no reception at all), we wanted to have something that our guests could leave us. We went for a wish box instead of the standard guest book. Such a lovely idea! I can gather all the cards that our guests fill out and put them in our scrapbook. Better than a guest book you'll never open again.
'
I ordered this one from Lis on Etsy because it gave the 'Beauty and the Beast' vibe we're going for. She's going to send me a different saying for the inside of the frame since we're already married.

We also received personalized fans we're giving out at the ceremony since it's at 1pm outside in April (FL HEAT!!!). Also got these from Etsy.

And, finally, received a BUNCH of stuff to wear on the day of the VR while I'm getting dolled up. Here is a pair of comfy flip flops I had customized with "I STILL DO". Adorbs

Well, that's it for now. I'll probably be posting some pics of me IN MY DRESS over the weekend because it already arrived. I'm going to the store with my hubby on Saturday to try it on. Until then.....

Last edited by disneydania; 02-26-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Just seeing your PJ. Loving everything! The wish box is absolutely beautiful! I'll be following along!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
disneydania

My dress came in and I stopped by to pick it up. My darling hubby snapped a pic of me in it before we left the store.

My BFF thinks I have a Marilyn Monroe vibe going on with the dress. That slayed me, it really did.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #23
princessvirginia
And at Last, I See the Light

I just found your PJ and I must say-- everything looks amazing! (That DRESS!!!)

BATB is my favoritest Disney movie and all your wedding choices have made me smile! They're perfect!!!

We're getting married at WDW sometime in April of 2014 (we're still waiting on our date, as April of 2014 is going to apparently be a crazy month at DFTW) and it's great to see another BATB-loving bride on here! <3

I also saw that you are going to have two little "Belle" flower girls and a "Chip" in your wedding-- that is just too cute! My ringbearer and flower girl will also be dressed as Disney characters and I think that is just so perfect! (If I had to be in a wedding as a kid, I DEFINITELY would have preferred being dressed as a Disney Princess.)

Anyways, will be following along! Best of luck!

Trips:

WDW: March '05 off-site , '08 WDWCP, , August '10 CV & WDW off-site , August '12 CVI & WDW (Got Engaged at Cinderella Castle) all-star music
princessvirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
disneydania

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
Just seeing your PJ. Loving everything! The wish box is absolutely beautiful! I'll be following along!
Thanks! The Wish Box is actually one of my favorite things I've found for the VR too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessvirginia View Post
I just found your PJ and I must say-- everything looks amazing! (That DRESS!!!)

BATB is my favoritest Disney movie and all your wedding choices have made me smile! They're perfect!!!

We're getting married at WDW sometime in April of 2014 (we're still waiting on our date, as April of 2014 is going to apparently be a crazy month at DFTW) and it's great to see another BATB-loving bride on here! <3

I also saw that you are going to have two little "Belle" flower girls and a "Chip" in your wedding-- that is just too cute! My ringbearer and flower girl will also be dressed as Disney characters and I think that is just so perfect! (If I had to be in a wedding as a kid, I DEFINITELY would have preferred being dressed as a Disney Princess.)

Anyways, will be following along! Best of luck!
Congratulations! Another April 2014 bride and another bride that loves BATB! As soon as you start planning, keep us all posted so we can follow along.

I always wanted to dress my flower girl/ring boy as Disney characters, but my wedding was in a church and it just didn't look right. Now I not only get a chance to do all the little Disney-esque I wanted to do the first time around, I have the unique opportunity to include my children in this special day.

They are just as excited as we are. My hubby and I want to honor each other after 10 years of marriage, but we also want to give thanks for the blessings that are our children.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
disneydania

Since we are fast approaching the 1yr mark, I have been working on finalizing our 'save the date' cards to send them out as soon as we hit that magic number.

I worked on a design of my own I posted earlier that incorporated our "slogan" but I kept holding off on printing them up. Something just didn't seem right. Then I talked to my hubby about them, he being the perceptive fellow I fell in love with quickly pointed out the obvious - they just weren't "us". They were just too cutesy. Not that there is anything wrong with cutesy, it's just not reflective of our personalities. But I still really wanted something that said "disney" without being too much. I found the most perfect STD cards on Etsy (of course) and I just got my printable proof today. So here is the finished product:

It's Disney, but not frothy, in-your-face Disney. LOVE THEM!

Thanks, John, for such an adorable design!

Old 04-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Once again, I love everything! Your dress is absolutely beautiful!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #27
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

I've enjoyed reading about your plans and just realized - Hooray! You're in single digits!! How are things going?

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #28
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I adore your dress, it's so gorgeous! I love, love, love that you are going to have little Belles and Chips at your wedding, that is going to be too perfect! Love the BatB theme and everything! The new STDs are really fabulous, I love the subtle Disney look of them.

Looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #29
disneydania

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I've enjoyed reading about your plans and just realized - Hooray! You're in single digits!! How are things going?

Kathy
Things are going great. I've got everything booked, and now I'm just sitting back for a bit until things get closer. Sending out the STD cards next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Joining in! I adore your dress, it's so gorgeous! I love, love, love that you are going to have little Belles and Chips at your wedding, that is going to be too perfect! Love the BatB theme and everything! The new STDs are really fabulous, I love the subtle Disney look of them.

Looking forward to reading more!
First, congrats on being so close to your special day

I've been so lucky with the planning process with the exception of a couple of hiccups along the way (getting vendors to respond can be a pretty big pain in the tush for some reason. Don't they want my money?)

Thank you for the dress compliment. It's the one thing that both my wedding and VR had in common... I saw my dresses and I knew they were perfect. I stopped the shopping around and said "That's it. I'm done".

And the BatB theme is really my own little dream come true. I simply cannot wait to see it all become a reality.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #30
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing all about your Vow Renewal!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: