DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
cemeb4dk
Mouseketeer

we are booked at beach club 12/30-1/9. It will be our first NYE at the parks. We are excited and my 7 year old daughter is excited to see the Osbourne lights she was only about 3 last time she saw them and she doesn't remember them. While we understand it will be crowded, we are hoping that the second week of our stay we can hit anything that we didn't the first week with ease the second week. On a side note, does Universal do anything special for NYE?
cemeb4dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #17
johde
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
I think anywhere you go on NYE is going to be crowded.
Sounds like the crowds on NYD aren't so bad. We 're going January 1-7 and I was worried but figured We'd take it slow at the beginning of the week and try to get on rides during the second part.

New Years Eve was crowded no doubt about it. But I give EPCOT an excellent rating on being able to handle the crowds. Like I said, most of the time it didn't feel as crowded as it was especially if you avoided going deep into the dance areas. World showcase had a set of 3 taped lines all the way around like the lines on a road. If you wanted to move around world showcase you got into your "lane" and it was smooth sailing. There were CM all over enforcing the lanes. If you wanted to stop and look at thing, you get out of the traffic lanes. They also had several backstage areas open most of the evening to facilitate moving around. I traveled behind the back of the Imagination Building to between Canada and big building before UK. I also traveled behind Mexico to over by TT and MS.

I had heard the horror stories of NYE but I never encountered them. Yes I waited 30 min. for JIYI and 40 min. for Nemo. I would do NYE again if I could combine it with several quiet days at the end.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johde

New Years Eve was crowded no doubt about it. But I give EPCOT an excellent rating on being able to handle the crowds. Like I said, most of the time it didn't feel as crowded as it was especially if you avoided going deep into the dance areas. World showcase had a set of 3 taped lines all the way around like the lines on a road. If you wanted to move around world showcase you got into your "lane" and it was smooth sailing. There were CM all over enforcing the lanes. If you wanted to stop and look at thing, you get out of the traffic lanes. They also had several backstage areas open most of the evening to facilitate moving around. I traveled behind the back of the Imagination Building to between Canada and big building before UK. I also traveled behind Mexico to over by TT and MS.

I had heard the horror stories of NYE but I never encountered them. Yes I waited 30 min. for JIYI and 40 min. for Nemo. I would do NYE again if I could combine it with several quiet days at the end.
That's a great idea, to make a"traffic" lane. I hate it when people stop in the middle of the walk way. It's especially hard for people in electric scooters.

Where do you suggest for NYD, a park with evening magic hours or dtd?

Last edited by bksomody; 02-09-2013 at 08:11 PM.
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: