Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #16
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
I just want to say it might not always be the special diets fault they don't email you or answer your question. And just send you form letter because they may not know what the restaurants order to be able to give you a better list. They my just have what Disney gives them and that what they give you. So yes it must be frustrating and feel like their no help but they may not have all the info to give so that why they may tell you to go to the qs and talk to a manager. That might e no help and cause you to waste time but in their eyes that might be the safest thing to tell you I am sure they don't want to get you sick.

I sorry i am not really trying to defend them just trying to point out that they may not be at fault. The real problem is the chefs order what they want so the menu and items do change where one item might been safe for one trip might not be safe another due to switch in vendors. Not every vendor will carry the same items as the other vendor did or not for the same price.
I completely disagree. Sending back a form letter response when a specific question was asked is the fault of that department. It means that the email wasn't even read. Responding to the actual question even if the response is I don't know would be closer to doing their job though indicating that the question is being forwarded to somebody who can answer would be better and tracking down an answer would be even better than that. Communicating with guests IS their job after all.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch

I completely disagree. Sending back a form letter response when a specific question was asked is the fault of that department. It means that the email wasn't even read. Responding to the actual question even if the response is I don't know would be closer to doing their job though indicating that the question is being forwarded to somebody who can answer would be better and tracking down an answer would be even better than that. Communicating with guests IS their job after all.
I not trying to start anything or get into an auguement your right in some they should not send a personal letter. My point was they may not know and Disney may not want them emailing every chef a question. I think if Disney wanted their guest to know every item they carry they would come up with an system for special diets to get an updated list each week but they don't. Like I said I think most times they want to play safe and tell you to talk to a manager at the qs who could get you better info and an updated list if what they can do. That most likely why they send out a form letter because they get those question all the time. So to them it a waste to time the time and answer more complete plus they did tell someone on here they can't give you that info.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
I not trying to start anything or get into an auguement your right in some they should not send a personal letter. My point was they may not know and Disney may not want them emailing every chef a question. I think if Disney wanted their guest to know every item they carry they would come up with an system for special diets to get an updated list each week but they don't. Like I said I think most times they want to play safe and tell you to talk to a manager at the qs who could get you better info and an updated list if what they can do. That most likely why they send out a form letter because they get those question all the time. So to them it a waste to time the time and answer more complete plus they did tell someone on here they can't give you that info.
The thing that made the entire experience so maddening was that I was asking very specific questions and they were just giving a form response, or almost answering one of the questions and ignoring the second question... so am I suppose to re-send the same question... or what?
An "I don't know" would have saved me all the stress.

I still think they should pick maybe one or two counter service locations per park and designate a place that will have better "complex allergy" offerings. Maybe put a designated frier in that one place or whatever. Then they could refer people there and you could feel confident that they will have *something* to give you instead of the constant fear that you will pick somewhere that really doesn't have anything for you. As is, you can have an idea of which place may be better, but we are all sort of going in blind.

When I called after work yesterday and she told me she didn't respond to the pizza because she didn't know, I felt a million times better because suddenly it was a person trying to help, not just some meanie ignoring me.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue

The thing that made the entire experience so maddening was that I was asking very specific questions and they were just giving a form response, or almost answering one of the questions and ignoring the second question... so am I suppose to re-send the same question... or what?
An "I don't know" would have saved me all the stress.

I still think they should pick maybe one or two counter service locations per park and designate a place that will have better "complex allergy" offerings. Maybe put a designated frier in that one place or whatever. Then they could refer people there and you could feel confident that they will have *something* to give you instead of the constant fear that you will pick somewhere that really doesn't have anything for you. As is, you can have an idea of which place may be better, but we are all sort of going in blind.

When I called after work yesterday and she told me she didn't respond to the pizza because she didn't know, I felt a million times better because suddenly it was a person trying to help, not just some meanie ignoring me.
I was not defending them sending you a form letter yes they should answer all your questions and if they don't know they should at least tell you They don't know. I think that one department that better to call because your have abetted chance to get an answer. Where if you email they can do what they doing to you now. I wondering if each park had their own special diets email you get better service and one for resorts because may be then they could give you more info. I was referring to you calling about the pizza and them saying they didn't know that what I meant that they might not know the info. And instead of just saying I don't know they just answer the question they can answer and hope you forget about the question.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: