Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #16
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I will take any info you'd like to share specifically about the ports. We're lazy beach people and I'm not sure any of the excursions appeal to me.
We were on this same cruise. In San Juan we wanted to do the Family Beach day but I couldnt find any reviews and it would have been over $400 for our family so we ended up not doing it. We ended up walking around town. It was very neat place to get out and explore.

In St. Thomas my hubby and son did the snorkle with turtles and beach excursion. They went to Honeymoon beach. It was ok, no chairs to rent, etc so I would recommend doing a different beach excursion. On a side note they loved the turtle part!
My daughter and I did the Kon Tiki and would not recommend it. It was ok- nothing we'd do again. They bring you to Honeymoon beach for a little over an hour but as I said, the beach is just ok, nothing to write home about- at least at the location we were at. I had read for others went to Honeymoon beach and just loved it. Maybe we were at a different part of that beach. It was rather rocky too where we were at.

You'll have a great time- beautiful ship and excellent staff!

As for the servers- we also really liked ours. This was our 5th Disney cruise and by far the best server we have had yet. Her name was Claudia Coke.
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #17
Momfromva
Missing Castaway Cay

What was the water temperature like on Castaway Cay? I read that it can be chilly this time of the year. We sail in 3 weeks so I am interested in hearing how it felt. Thanks!

Momfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a wonderful time! Im also sailing March 2 and wondering how the watdr was at Castaway? Ive sailed before in January and because we are from western canada the water was perfect for us so figure it will be better in march heres hoping

Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #19
Mtinkerbell5189
Mouseketeer

Do you have pictures of the loungers on your balcony? Were they full loungers or just reclining chairs? We are in an extended balcony room on the fantasy next month!
Mtinkerbell5189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #20
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

What nights were your formal night, pirate night, MDR menu, etc?
We sail eastern March 9 and the people on our Meet thread have called DCL and have gotten different answers.
Thanks.
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #21
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I will take any info you'd like to share specifically about the ports. We're lazy beach people and I'm not sure any of the excursions appeal to me.
We were on the same cruise as the OP. We too are lazy beach people - we didn't do a beach on St. Thomas because we really wanted to do the semi-submersible boat tour (my son loves them) so we did a Coral World excursion - perfect for the 4 year old set.

We did do the Isla Verde beach excursion in San Juan - it is expensive for sure, but it was what we wanted - we knew we would really need a beach day by then - we were there from about 10:15 to about 1:45 - the beach is nice, the sand not so much (a bit rough, but not bad); but it was crazy windy so it was limited time on the beach for us. Fortunately, the resort also has a nice, sheltered pool, and that was great since the main pools on the ship were often crowded. The excursion includes nice transportation (air conditioned busses - not scary), a decent but not exciting lunch, beach chairs/umbrellas (that blew away - it was that windy), fruit punch. We got back to port in plenty of time to walk around San Juan, which is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momfromva View Post
What was the water temperature like on Castaway Cay? I read that it can be chilly this time of the year. We sail in 3 weeks so I am interested in hearing how it felt. Thanks!
Water temp was too cold for us (also Canadians) - but that might have been since it was a "cool" day anyway (20 degrees Celcius, initially, but it warmed up in the afternoon). It was still a great day without going in the ocean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryCam View Post
What nights were your formal night, pirate night, MDR menu, etc?
We sail eastern March 9 and the people on our Meet thread have called DCL and have gotten different answers.
Thanks.

As for formal night - Sunday night; Pirate night - Tuesday night (St. Thomas day) Semi-formal night was Thursday night, but we missed that due to Palo reservations. Not sure what is meant by MDR menu.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #22
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Do you recall what night Aladdin was put on?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #23
Ensusieasm
Earning My Ears

Cool What hotel was Isla Verde Beach Excursion?

When you took the DCL Isla Verde Beach excursion what hotel was the excursion at? Also, can you describe the buffet lunch?
Thank You
Cruising on the Fantasy March 9 and still trying to decide about what to do in San Juan.
Ensusieasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #24
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensusieasm View Post
When you took the DCL Isla Verde Beach excursion what hotel was the excursion at? Also, can you describe the buffet lunch?
Thank You
Cruising on the Fantasy March 9 and still trying to decide about what to do in San Juan.
There is a fort about 3 blocks from the dock. It costs $3 to get in for adults. Interesting.

Jen
Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #25
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

How was the weather?

The forecast is worrying me!

Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: