Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Kaixing
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Just got off Disney fantasy. Any question?

Got off Fantasy (East Caribbean) yesterday. What a fabulous trip. Stayed in the room 5530 which was a balcony suit with an extended balcony. Before the cruise, I read a tip for keeping the light/AC on in the room was to bring a credit card sized card and keep it in the metal slot on the wall next to the door. I totally forgot the card But no problem, all you have to do is to turn the "Privacy please" card upside down and place half of the card (the card was split in the middle) in the slot. It worked very well for us. Also I am highly recommended on-board fly check in system. Very convenient. We placed the luggage outside the stateroom the night before the debarkation and picked it up in the final destination airport. Any question?
Kaixing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
applecore72
Earning My Ears

I hope you had a great trip! Was the ship full? Were the main pools crowded?

European, DVC owner, Disney World addict, Disney Cruise Line traveller
applecore72 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
PMCNM
Earning My Ears

Excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaixing View Post
Got off Fantasy (East Caribbean) yesterday. What a fabulous trip. Stayed in the room 5530 which was a balcony suit with an extended balcony. Before the cruise, I read a tip for keeping the light/AC on in the room was to bring a credit card sized card and keep it in the metal slot on the wall next to the door. I totally forgot the card But no problem, all you have to do is to turn the "Privacy please" card upside down and place half of the card (the card was split in the middle) in the slot. It worked very well for us. Also I am highly recommended on-board fly check in system. Very convenient. We placed the luggage outside the stateroom the night before the debarkation and picked it up in the final destination airport. Any question?

What excursions did you do and would you recommend them?
What was the best surprise of the trip...something that was better than expected?
PMCNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
momneice
Earning My Ears

disney fantasy cruise

Sailed last June as a graduation gift for my son. We have cruised Disney before, but never with an 18 year old. I was nervous he would not enjoy the cruise. To my surprise he had the best time ever. They even have a cast member just for that age group(18-21). Once again Disney has not failed to make our vacation memorable for every member.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
love2disneycruise
Earning My Ears

Tell me about your stateroom. Did you enjoy having a larger verandah? Did the verandah have two lounge chairs? Was the railing clear or solid white? We also just got off the Fantasy and booked extended verandahs (Cabins 5538 and 5540) for next January.
love2disneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Kaixing
Earning My Ears

love2disney: Be honest with you, we did not spend much time on the verandah because there were so much to do on the boat. We spend majority of the time on deck 11 pool area. My daughter (8) wanted to stay in the pool and watch funnel vision all day . There were 4 lounge chairs on the verandah. The railings were solid white. It did not have obstructed view. 55xx was a very quiet location. It close to Buena Vista Theater, Oceaneer club, Oceaneer lab, nursery, and port adventure booking counter. Your host most likely will be Mangash from India. He was very polite and kept room very clean. You will have a wonderful trip.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
Kaixing
Earning My Ears

applecore72 and PMCNM: The boat was pretty full and the main pool was a zoo in the afternoon. We went to the pool right after breakfast (around 9am) and on port days. We did not go on any excursions but walked around on our own. St. Thomas was beautiful. St. Juan was very hummit and many passengers stayed onboard. I heard the "old St. Juan city tour" was not good, so skip this tour. Talking about the best surprise of the trip was the dinning room service. We cruised with Disney and Royal Caribbean before, and the service on this boat was surpass any previous experiences. My daughter was a very very picky eater but she loved French Onion soup. Our dining rotation was RAERAER, so she had Belle's French onion soup in the Royal court the first evening. We requested for the soup the second evening while dining in the Animator's Palate. The soup was not on the menu but still available in the Royal court. Our waiter went all the way to the Royal court to bring my daughter a bowl of soup . Same thing happened on the third night. Since the soup will be completely off the menu on fourth night in any restaurant, our waiter placed a special order for chef to make a bowl of the French onion soup for my daughter every night. It made my daughter felt very special and magical. At the end of the trip, our waiter gave my daughter the recipe of the soup as a farewell gift.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

What was your favorite thing you ate???
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
Kaixing
Earning My Ears

wiigirl: I honestly can not tell you what was my favorite dish because they are all pretty good. Just follow the waiter's recommendation, you will be fine. I think I do like their fish dishes and desserts. We went to Palo brunch and did not think it worth the extra money. We had Palo supper on Disney Wonder and loved it at the time.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I will take any info you'd like to share specifically about the ports. We're lazy beach people and I'm not sure any of the excursions appeal to me.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At the end of the trip, our waiter gave my daughter the recipe of the soup as a farewell gift.
Awwww....very sweet!

Jen
Old 02-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My daughter was a very very picky eater but she loved French Onion soup. Our dining rotation was RAERAER, so she had Belle's French onion soup in the Royal court the first evening. We requested for the soup the second evening while dining in the Animator's Palate. The soup was not on the menu but still available in the Royal court. Our waiter went all the way to the Royal court to bring my daughter a bowl of soup . Same thing happened on the third night. Since the soup will be completely off the menu on fourth night in any restaurant, our waiter placed a special order for chef to make a bowl of the French onion soup for my daughter every night. It made my daughter felt very special and magical. At the end of the trip, our waiter gave my daughter the recipe of the soup as a farewell gift.

So nice of the server to do that.
And the recipe is ... ?? I love French onion soup.

Hope our server is just as nice. Our last one, if anyone wanted a second entree, she tried to talk them out of it. The night before going to Lumierre's she tried to talk people out of getting the escargot because the dishes were so heavy. I got some anyway.
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
Kaixing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I will take any info you'd like to share specifically about the ports. We're lazy beach people and I'm not sure any of the excursions appeal to me.
Since we had a 8 year old who did not want to do anything other than dip in the pool and watch TV, we did not do any excursions. There were many shops near the dock in St. Thomas and St. Juan. Disney will provide passengers a shopping map. A lot of people were taking taxi to beaches. Or you can just sit on deck 11, enjoy the pool, free soda and ice cream, look through the big windows to enjoy the beautiful harbor view of St. Thomas. There were no tax while shopping in St. Thomas. You have to pay 7% tax in St. Juan.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
Kaixing
Earning My Ears

The recipe was for the French onion soup. Hope you will have our waiter on your trip. Their name are Ranaldo from Philippine and Nikola from Serbia. Nikola is the waiter and Ranaldo is the assistant waiter. I think you can call Disney and request for them. Ranaldo was very good with kids.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The recipe was for the French onion soup. Hope you will have our waiter on your trip. Their name are Ranaldo from Philippine and Nikola from Serbia. Nikola is the waiter and Ranaldo is the assistant waiter. I think you can call Disney and request for them. Ranaldo was very good with kids.
Just a note here, if you call DCL to request servers, you should only request EITHER the server or the asst server. If you request a serving team, it is highly likely that they may not be a team still, or even on the same ship or rotation on the ship.

Making a request with 2 parts just confuses DCL. They don't know which to honor if there is a conflict, and in most cases won't grant either request.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: