Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Delta to MCO via Boston, plane change

Read on other forum that Delta have changed plane to Boston leg of journey for flights to MCO and now don't have seat back tv. Info on Delta site conflicting as still shows the little seat back tv icon but if you look at actual plane says no tv. Not the end of the world as only paid £420 for 22nd July but just wondered what people do on such a long flight with no tv. Don't have an I pad!
Hoping it may change back again but again saw on other forum that lots of people changing flight to Atlanta.

Have since upgraded to economy comfort but don't think this will make any difference.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #2
Kath2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post
Read on other forum that Delta have changed plane to Boston leg of journey for flights to MCO and now don't have seat back tv. Info on Delta site conflicting as still shows the little seat back tv icon but if you look at actual plane says no tv. Not the end of the world as only paid £420 for 22nd July but just wondered what people do on such a long flight with no tv. Don't have an I pad!
Hoping it may change back again but again saw on other forum that lots of people changing flight to Atlanta.

Have since upgraded to economy comfort but don't think this will make any difference.
Read a book! Do a crossword! Sleep! Talk to the people you're with!

Even if there aren't any seatback TVs, there will probably be cabin ones.

It's only 7hrs anyway. I would always take something to do on the plane as there can be last minute plane switches or the IFE doesn't work etc. I have done probably a dozen flights over the years where there was no IFE, cabin screens or the IFE wasn't working (ironically, the IFE has only failed for us when flying on the more expensive airlines). They were all fine.

We are on that route this year and looks like overhead entertainment which is fine.
On the domestic/internal flights, IFE of any kind is a blessing.

Delta is cheap and cheerful, just smile and roll with it

Last edited by Kath2003; 02-03-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Kath2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
fairytale
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post

For some having personal IFE is vital for a long haul flight especially say families with young children etc... and to be honest I think in this day and age to keep up with their competitors it should come as standard regardless of the price you pay. IMO

Over on "The Dibb" many have been offered free transfers on to the Atlanta site and seem to get a great response using the @deltaassistance on Twitter. We are flying LHR to BOS which has been changed to a 767-300ER aircraft which does not have seat back IFE, however we are staying over in BOS for 2 nights and will therefore load up a few ipads for the kids as alternatives just in case. Coming home we are flying JFK to LHR and have today transferred (free of charge) to a flight an hour earlier with seatback IFE.

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised how fantastic Delta Customer service were in dealing with my issues. 10 out of 10 from me in that department.

Annette x
Old 02-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Part of me thinks that I shouldn;t change as it will be sods law that the flight I change to won't then have seat back tv's and my original one would have. We are flying back from JFK getting the 9pm flight which still shows as personal tv's.If that one does change then I will request different flight. Although the Boston flight conflicting as on first page shows the little personal tv symbol but if you click on aircraft details it says overhead.
Might just invest in an I Pad mini, even paying for that its still going to be so much cheaper than Virgin.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: