Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #541
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Voting for California Grill, Chef Mickey's (if I was voting on waiters, I'd say Akershus for sure ), 'Ohana, and Pizzafari. I'm gonna guess that you'll be in Epcot for two of the meals and then head over to a resort for dinner. So I'll guess Akershus breakfast (salami), Chefs de France, and Narcoossee's. I would guess 'Ohana, but my instinct is you won't have enough room for it after two other ADRs that day. We'll see!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #542
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

Hmmmm it's a little bit tougher this round. I'm going to guess Akeshus, Chefs de France and Narcoosees. You guys are going to be STUFFED!
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #543
TruLovesKiss
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about the PP+. We will be using it too and I am clueless...

Ugh, this week IS harder for the ADR guess game. Well since you'll be in Epcot, Akershus and Chefs De France are the easy choices. But.... are you doing Akershus as breakfast or lunch/dinner? Hmmm.... that makes the 3rd choice a little tricky. I think that I will go with Narcoossee's.

Here are my choices for the Tournament of Food:

Signature/Celebrity Chef
California Grill - We will be celebrating our 9th Wedding Anniversary on our trip and would LOVE to eat here that night. Being closed right now, they are not taking ADRs yet ...so we are crossing our fingers that it will reopen on time AND that we can get a reservation. We have Narcoossee's booked as a back-up. ... so we'll have to wait and see.

The Character/Dinner Show
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

In the Table Service
'Ohana

Counter Service
Flame Tree BBQ

Rachel (32) ~ Joe (34) ~ Donovan (8) ~ Jorie (6) ~ Isla (4) ~ Bronwyn (2)

TruLovesKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #544
katt789
DIS Veteran

I choose:

Yachtsman: it sounds yummier, and hey, yacht club!

Akershus!: because in the perfect world every meal would be FULL of princesses!! And Iíve heard some bad things about CM, and hey, SALAMI!!

Is this Ohana for dinner?!? In that case, yes. Actually, in all cases, Ohana, itís been a while since Iíve been there!

Pizzafari!! Thereís nothing like Disney pizza!

Yay for pp plus, and be prepared for me to ask all the questions about it, Iím considering it for Sept, and by considering it I mean I am going to get it, lol, it just seems like a great idea!

YYYAAAAAAAAHHHH Maddieís gonna do EE!! Brave one she is! I didnít brave it til 22 lol. I won;ít throw things at you, I skip the safari with Paige and when Iím solo, we have a fantastic zoo here, so Iím not super into it, it gets kinda old, and without the ďsamba 1Ē plot line, and if you donít have an enthusiastic driver, it lacks.

HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE FOTLK?!?!!?!?!? Friends offÖ.JK. But seriouslyÖhigh five Brian for me for keeping it in the plans! One of these days Imma be in it and you wonít be able to skip it!

Iím not at the bottom anymore?! Yay! Bahaha. Iímma say: Akershus (possibly for pre park breakfast?] followed by Chefs de France, and thenÖÖNarcooses!?

And donít worry!! I wonít go out of my way, the HK audition isnít until 6pm, so Iíll definitely be popping into MK that morning to see the princesses before then. I can definitely get a nice video from Cindy inviting Maddie if that works for you guys?! Feel free to facebook me!!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #545
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

To answer your questions about PP+, you can turn it in at any photo centre in any of the four parks or n DTD. It's marked on the park maps as a Kodak centre (at least it was when I used it in Oct). Just take the voucher in and they will give you your lanyard. In order to get the restaurant photos, just have you PP+ card ready when they bring the packages around and they will add the photo to the card as well as give you the package they printed.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #546
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you only had a little water in your basement. I know several people who lost all of their belongings in their basement.

I'm going with Yachtsman; we've never done California Grill, but just the thought of seeing sushi on someone's table turns my stomach

Definitely the Princess breakfast; I am not a fan of Chef Mickey's anymore

And I would go with Flame Tree Barbecue any day of the week...this is definitely a no brainer for me.

Your AK day plans sound great to me. See, I'm the opposite. AK has grown on me over the years and it is definitely my third favorite, and sometimes it even tops Epcot (the Studios is my least favorite park and if it weren't for TOT and TSM, I'd skip it altogether).
Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #547
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I meant to comment the other day about the flooding...that is a LOT of water. Holy cow. The town I grew up in is right where the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers meet (which, idk if people outside of upstate NY would have this vast river knowledge , but they are fairly large rivers and they tend to get higher in spring when everything melts, or you know..during Hurricanes, which my area was hit with Hurricane Irene). Anyway, so parts of my hometown have flooded over the years, and Irene caused the most recent flooding.
This is another town nearby..they had just awful damage. There are still people living in FEMA trailers in this town

And this is my hometown:
ahh the photos aren't linkable to the dis but if you are interested this is a flikr w/ some pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julie_f...n/photostream/
And this..

Floods can be so devastating, I hope everyone in your area can overcome it all rather quickly.
Hi Merbobear! I live in Rotterdam and one my girlfriends and her husband lost their house to Irene, they live in the junction. It was just awful, she had 12 ft of water in her home and she was 8 mths pregnant. Some of schoharie is still just so sad. Here's to hoping we can all get this flooding under control!

Sorry for hijack!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #548
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Signature/Celebrity Chef region features:

1. California grill

The Character/Dinner Show round finds

1. Chef Mickey

In the Table Service region

50s Prime Time Cafe

And finally the Counter Service round is an Animal Kingdom counter service battle royale

1. Flame Tree BBQ

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

disneylvr4vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #549
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

My picks are:

Royal Banquet Hall

Chefs De France

Narcoossee's

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

disneylvr4vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #550
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post

Vacation is a great excuse to miss my silly little game! How was the trip? Are you planning a TR?

Thanks for playing!
No, I'm not planning a TR. Nobody would want to read it (and frankly I'd like to forget much of it), as the trip was nothing short of a nightmare! My 84 year old grandfather was with us (not by choice, but none of my aunts/uncles stepped up to care for him so my parents could enjoy themselves) and he basically made every day extremely stressful (disappearing, falling, running people over with the scooter, ending up getting so sick my mom left early to bring him home to Boston and he's been in the hospital since).

I did have some wonderful times with DH and our kids. It was DD's first trip and DS's first time on all of the "big kid" rides and he LOVED every one except Space Mountain. So, my memories of the trip, though clouded with the grandfather issues, will be of my daughter dancing at the Disney Junior show and picking up as many "gold dubloons" that she could find, being in awe at IASW and her splashing in the pool, and the "woohoos" & "can we do this again" as my son enjoyed his first drops of ToT and Splash Mountain, and the giggles around the bends of BTMRR.

Thank you for doing this PTR and in advance for your TR. I LOVE reading about Disney vacations. I always get new ideas, and living vicariously through others helps me get that Disney fix until my next trip.

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
michael's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #551
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Okay...here are my votes for this round.

1. California Grill

1. Chef Mickey (while not always satisfied with the food...you can't beat the characters)

1. 'Ohana

1. Flame Tree BBQ

Now, for the "Guess my ADR" game, I'm going with Akershus, Chefs de France, and Ohana.

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
michael's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #552
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

For Photopass, yes you will get a voucher, which you can then exchange at any photopass kiosk for the PP+ card. It's the place where you can go look at your Photopass pictures and get them printed. I think they are often close to the entrance of the park, whichever park. I believe we got ours at AK. The actual card is red and already on a lanyard. You can see it in some of my pictures, that's what Peanut was munching on most of the time when I was holding her.

The ADR game is harder this week. I hope I don't lose my first place position!
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Chefs De France
Narcoossee's

Signature/Celebrity Chef
California Grill (this one is a no-brainer)

Character/Dinner Show
Chef Mickey (this one was harder. In fact, I had started to write my explanation about why I chose Akershus, only to go back and change my vote. The food appeals to me more at Chef Mickey, I like the monorail going through, and right now Mickey and the gang are Claudia's favorites)

Table Service
50s Prime Time Cafe (this one was hard too, but I prefer Kona to Ohana for the Polynesian experience, and I think Prime Time looks like so much fun)

Counter Service
Pizzafari (I know that Ron loves Flame Tree, but personally I've been disappointed with the food both times I've tried it. I'm sure it's good, I'm just too picky. For that, and for the beautiful murals, I picked Pizzafari)
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #553
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

For the tournament of dining:

Cali Grill, Akershus, Ohana, Flame Tree

Your AK plans sound great! My guesses for your Epcot day:

Akershus, Chefs, Ohana
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #554
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Oops...I must have missed the clues for the ADR game last time.
Anyway, I'm back now!
I think you'll be hitting up Akershus for breakfast, Chefs for lunch, and Narcoosees for dinner.

And for the bracket, I'm going with:
Signature: California Grill
Character: Chef Mickey's. I know there are a lot of complaints about the food going downhill, but to me it just IS Disney.
Table Service: Ohana. It's just a lot of fun
Counter Service: Pizzafari. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like it!

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #555
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Loving your plans!!

My ADR guesses are
Akershus, Chefs de France and Narcoossees!

ToT:
Cali Grill, they both are great but I'm going CG, the view, the food can't beat it! I'm so bummed it will be closed for refurb while we are there!

Chef Mickeys, again both great in my opinion, buttheres just something about the original characters that make me love it.

O'hana, yup love it!

Flame Tree BBQ, again I like both but the food at FTB is better!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: