Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #466
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Voting for Hollywood Brown Derby, Tusker House, Yak and Yeti, and Wolfgang Puck Express.

I think Maddie will be excited to get an invitation either way!

And with that, I am no longer in the lead. Hahah just kidding. I just thought CRT would be too obvious! Sometimes I over-think things.

I'm guessing your ADRs will be Tusker House and Fulton's Crab House.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #467
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post

The Tournament of Food would not be the same without you.
So is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Quote:
Last week we had some of the closest races yet! In fact, Bryan had to be the deciding vote on one of the match-ups. He technically has a DIS name, so I figured it was okay.
Only if he votes for Whispering Canyon.

Quote:
The Table Service Round was deadlocked until Bryan cast the deciding vote. i described them both to him, told him a little about the menus and asked where he'd rather eat. His response? "I like ketchup." and with that, 11 seed Whispering Canyon Cafe took the win over 6 seed Sci-Fi Dine In!
What about the endless parade of meat to your table? Oh well, if ketchup is what gives it the edge, I'll take it.

Ok, now my next picks...

Brown Derby - Never been there, really want to try it sometime. I really don't have any other good reason for picking it.

Tusker House - The last time I ate at H&V was hands down the worst meal I've ever had on Disney property. It will be a while before we give it another try.

Yak & Yeti - Never been to either one. I wavered back and forth, and do want to try both, but I'll pick Yak & Yeti just because it is something a little bit different.

WPE - Nothing against Cosmic Rays. I really do like it, but the only advantage it has over WPE is the fact that it is in a park and therefore more convenient. Oh yeah... and there's Sunny Eclipse too. If you just look at food quality, WPE wins it hands down.

Quote:
We'll probably be meeting princesses.
I can't believe it!

I think you've got some good ideas to deliver the "invitation" to Maddie. Sure, it might have quite the same effect, but you've got some good ideas in place. I'm sure it will be fine.

My picks for ADRs
Tusker House
Fultons Crab House
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #468
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Here are my votes!

Hollywood Brown Derby- Never been but I'm not a big fan of seafood so Fulton's is out.
Tusker House- Looks good and fun! And I've heard so many bad things about H&V.
Kona Café- Would love to try the Tonga Toast!
Wolfgang Puck Express- Probably my favorite QS on property! Do the others even compare??
Old 04-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #469
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

My votes for the ADRs are Tusker House and Fulton Crab Boat?!?

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #470
Avery&Todd
DIS Veteran

In the Signature/Celebrity Chef region:
10. Fulton's Crab House - we havent eaten at either place, but we ALMOST ate here last on the last trip so we'd be more likely to pick this place over Brown Derby

The Character/Dinner Show region features:
7. Tusker House - we ate here last trip to get us into AK early but its wasnt our favorite breakfast - I think I felt rushed or something..but I'd probably pick it again!!

The Table Service region finds:
10. Yak and Yeti - we LOVE LOVE LOVE Y&Y!! love the wings, love the beans, love the tempura shrimpies!!!

And, the Counter Service region features a real barn burner:
7. Cosmic Rays - we havent been to WPE, and Im sure its fabulous b/c I know the pics I've seen make it look fabulous, but CRs is sooooo convenient right there in MK....

OK - for the "Guess My ADR Game", Im going with...

Tusker House in AK
and...
Fulton's Crab House in DD for your non-park dinner!!

June 2015- BWI is booked!! June 2012 - BC June 2010 - WL June 2009 - WL
Avery&Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #471
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

My ADR guesses are Tusker House (officially our favorite restaurant on Disney property at this point in time! Seriously, DBF asked to go twice in September. So we are.) and Fulton's Crab House

For the Tournament of Food I say,

Fulton's Crab House cause it sounds delicious

Tusker House: see above regarding how awesome we find it

Kona Cafe for no real reason other than it sounds like I'd like to eat there

Cosmic Rays because we love Cosmic Rays. Even though the person taking my order last time really ruined the experience. We took Presley to eat so Jen and Rick could ride some rides. I had the 2 year old in my arms cause she didn't want to sit in the stroller. She wanted apple juice and the lady working had put her juice in her line of vision but hadn't given it to us yet. I asked her if she could give me the juice to end the tantrum currently occurring in my arms.

Her response "I can't give you the juice until the food is ready." Gr. I was mad but I won't hold it against them. Still an awesome CS.

I love how you guys make it a point to invite Maddie to BBB. It's such a cute way to show her that it's a special experience and not make it about the money. I personally think she'll pick Rapunzel next time!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #472
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm still tied for the lead, yay! Good thing you didn't give those bonus points to TruLovesKiss though, otherwise I would have lost my first place.

This next one is harder. Well, I'm pretty sure about Tusker House, but the second one could be several restaurants. I'm really hesitating between two. Okay, here goes nothing. I'm going to go ahead and say that day 4 is close to mid-trip, so a good time to go shopping. With that, I will guess Fulton's Crab House as your dinner ADR.

My favorite princess out of the possible choices for Maddie at BBB is Rapunzel so I hope she chooses that. I know she will be pretty no matter which one she ends up choosing though.

Hollywood Brown Derby

I've been to both. The food was pretty good at both, but we really had an outstanding experience at HBD.

Tusker House

This is the hardest decision. I think Peanut will enjoy the characters at H&V a lot, but personally I would prefer to try Tusker House. I'm not a very adventurous eater, but I think the characters are so cute in their safari outfits, and the restaurants looks beautiful.

Kona Cafe

This one is easy for me. Kona Cafe is one of our top restaurants and we love going back again and again.

Wolfgang Puck Express

I don't like the look of Cosmic Rays, and the burgers are just as good at Pecos Bill. Also, WPE offers some unique choices. The pizza I had there was very tasty.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #473
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
[SIZE="4"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Purple"]And, here are our plans for Day 3...

You may have noticed that I didn't mention any breakfast plans for Day 3. We are planning to skip breakfast and get in line nice and early for lunch at Be Our Guest! (Nice going TruLovesKiss!! I was tempted to give you bonus points!). Maddie is really, really excited to eat here.

Here are the updated scores for all of you who've been playing along with the Guess My ADR game!
It will be hard to top last years BBB invitation, but I'm sure Maddie won't be let down! Good choice for BOG, as I do think it's a hard call now to pick from two castles!

I think I have this ADR game down now

My picks for day 4:

Tusker House
Fulton's Crab House
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #474
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

And, here are my selections for the ADR Game... it's getting harder and harder...

Hollywood Brown Derby
Tusker House
Kona Cafe
Wolfgang Puck Express

Have a great weekend! Karen
Old 04-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #475
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

I think I'm going to go with Tusker House and then Fulton's for dinner. I'm excited to hear your review for this location once your trip is complete, I've always wanted to try it.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #476
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Ahhh I'm so far behind!! My guesses:

For the tournament: Brown Derby, Tusker House, Kona, WPE.

For my guesses as to your ADR's: Tusker house and Fulton's.

I think either way of delivering the invitation sounds nice!! I'm sure Maddie will be so excited to be going back to BBB, she'll be thrilled with any delivery method!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #477
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom
I confused myself. I read that afwdwfan was the one who kept Citrico's from getting a clean sweep, and I was like, "HUH? I totally voted for Monsieur Paul!"
Except, no. It seems I didn't vote at all. I made the decisions in my head an apparently never posted them ?! I'm awesome like that.

This happened to me too! i promise it won't happen again! It seems like i missed your whole easter update! Maddy was really cute hunting for her many eggs.

ADR guessing game

Tusker house ( one of my favorites. We do this every trip and it is always great experience and delicious too!)
Hmmm this is hard, since you are so close to DTD im gonna go with fulton's! We didn't have the best experience here last time, but that could have been a onetime thing. :sad the food was okay, but the service wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877

And, now onto next week's match-ups

7. Hollywood Brown Derby vs. 10. Fulton's Crab House

7. Tusker House vs. 10. Hollywood and Vine

7. Kona Cafe vs. 10. Yak and Yeti

7. Cosmic Rays vs. 10. Wolfgang Puck Express

As always, vote for the restaurant that you've most enjoyed eating at, or the one that you'd be most likely to book a meal at. There are no wrong answers, just opinions!

Thanks for playing guys!

Tournament of food

10. Fulton's Crab House -never been to HBD

7. Tusker House- one of my favorite restarants, in my favorite park

10. Yak and Yeti - never been here, but in my favorite park, and it looks good.

7. Cosmic Rays- one of my favorite CS, nothing better than some burgers, and watching wishes at the same time.

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

disneylvr4vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #478
LizJoy
Dis Veteran Wannabe

Quote:

The DIS really is the best. As silly as it sounds, I find that being a part of such a kind, positive community makes me want to be a better person in real life. I don't let myself be as negative and harsh since I joined the DIS.

My reaction was to say "I'll make you a skirt!" but I have to be honest. I just finished altering 2 prom dresses, and I have a pretty intricate dress to make for a very special 18 year old to make next. Once I've finished those, Maddie's Alice, and some stuff for Carissa I will definitely let you know. I also have an idea for what could be some really cool princess outfits too. I think you might like them too!

That doesn't sound silly at all! I have found that planning our Disney trips gives me something to look forward to, which in turn lifts my spirits. Whenever I find myself getting upset, I just take a deep breath and remember that our next vacation is only however many days away. It really helps.

And you know how much I would love a sparkly skirt, but I absolutely do not want you to make one now! You are so busy making amazing clothes, being a mommy and planning for Disney...I couldn't add anything else to your full plate! However, I do want to be the first in line when you are able to start selling on Etsy. I am definitely going to be one of your biggest customers! I am so excited to see Maddie's Alice dress and I cannot wait for the princess outfits. You are undeniably talented!

This week I am getting my ADR and Tournament of Food choices in early. We have 14 days until we leave for Disney World and I have lists upon lists to complete! So here goes:

ADR Guesses:
Tusker House for breakfast
Fulton's Crab House for dinner

Tournament of Food:
Hollywood Brown Derby - We have reservations there on May 4th for the Fantasmic Package, which I would have never known about if you hadn't written about it.
Tusker House - Animal Kingdom is my FAVORITE park!
Yak & Yeti - Simply based on your ahhmazing review in your previous trip report!
Wolfgang Puck Express - We are trying this one, too!

Thanks again for so generously offering your time to make our days a little brighter! I am loving your plans and I know you are going to have such a wonderful time!

Desperately Awaiting Our Next Disney Adventure
LizJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #479
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

I am gong to say Signature- Fultons, Character- Hollywood Vine, Table- Kona, Counter- Wolfgang Puck Express. Working my way out of the bottom!!!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #480
joshswif
Mouseketeer

This is my first time posting on your ptr...but I just wanted to drop in and say hi! I somehow came upon your last trip report and loved it! Maddie is too cute and such a princess! I've started to follow your ptr now and am looking forward to seeing your plans! Anyways, nice to "meet" you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: