Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #391
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The One With Day 2!

As I hinted, Day 2 of our trip will find us at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

We'll start off the day with an 8 am breakfast at Hollywood and Vine (yay! for the many of you who correctly guessed that)

I am hoping that there's some truth to the rumor that Sophia the First (considering making that dress too ) and Doc McStuffins will be replacing Oso and Handy Manny, but Maddie said that she want to do the breakfast regardless. I believe that the pull of her beloved Jake is simply too strong.

After breakfast we'll head straight for Pixar Place for a spin (and FP grab) on TSMM. Mads wants to ride this at least 3 times so hopefully we'll be able to get a second set of FP after we use the first.

The rest of our DHS day will be much more typical Maddie-heavy on shows and characters and light on rides.

On the agenda are:

Beauty and the Beast, Disney Jr. Live, the Muppets, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We're hoping to hit Star Tours at least once, Tower of Terror, and single rider RnRC for Bryan and I. We haven't done the Backlot Tour since our honeymoon (I think we did it) so that my replace the Great Movie Ride as our sit down and relax ride. I'm sure we'll have to meet Phineas and Ferb, and as long as the lines are bearable we'll likely pop into see Woody and Buzz too.

I'd love to try the Animation Class as well. Mads loves to draw and is actually really good at it, but I'm afraid it would be too hard for her. Has anyone done this with a little one? She's kind of a perfectionist, so I worry that she'd get upset with herself if she couldn't follow along perfectly.

For lunch we have a Fantasmic package reservation at Mama Melrose!

We've never eaten here before, but the menu looks pretty good. Hopefully we'll enjoy it!

In a perfect world we'd head back to the resort for a break/change of clothes before dinner, but I'm not counting on it. Maddie really, really likes DHS and rarely believes us when we say we'll be back later in the week. We'll probably meet more characters instead.

Knowing that we'd likely not be getting a break, I was thinking maybe we'd be able to hit Characterpalooza at the Animation Building, but I'm afraid that our dinner ADR will conflict.

For dinner we'll be dining at the Yachtsman Steakhouse!

Our original ADR was for 7 pm, but Disney's website is still showing only one Fantasmic at 9 pm, so I switched our ADR to 6 pm. We're really excited to try yet another new restaurant. This is the one of the places that Bryan was really eager to try, so I'm hoping that it does not disappoint.

After dinner we'll make our way back to DHS (maybe using a late TSMM FP when we get there?).

Would you believe that we've never seen Fantasmic? On our first trip I was worried that it would be too scary for Maddie. On our second trip Bryan found out that people lined up 2 hours in advance to get in and said 'No Way!'. (I can't say I blame him. I didn't really want to wait either.) Hence the Fantasmic Package for this trip. I know that the seating isn't the greatest, but it's better than waiting for hours. Maddie has watched a Youtube video of the show and LOVED it. She would like to see Fantasmic "every single night". Hopefully once will do.

Congrats to everyone who guessed our DAY 2 ADR correctly!

Here are the updated scores:

And, here's the hint for DAY 3 of the GUESS MY ADR GAME!

Day 3 will find us at the MK with an early morning BBB appointment. We only have one reservation-for dinner.

Here is the list of our ADR. The ones that have already been revealed for Day 1 or 2 are in red, the ones you can choose from for DAY 3 are in black. Good luck everyone! Thanks for playing and for reading!

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Be Our Guest

Chefs De France

Chef Mickey

Cinderella's Royal Table

Coral Reef

Fulton's Crab House

Hollywood and Vine

Liberty Tree Tavern

Mama Melrose

Narcoossee's

Ohana

Ohana

Tusker House

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Last edited by shan23877; 04-11-2013 at 11:44 PM.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #392
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The One with the Sewing Part 3

I have been hard at work again this week! I finished up the Lilo dresses for FantasylandMom's two little girls, and the one for my niece. Just as I declared myself finished with Lilo Maddie reminded me that I'd promised to make one for Carissa the American Girl.

It turned out really cute!

Once I was truly finished with the Lilos, I started in on my next project. Last fall I bought Maddie this shirt at the Disney Store

She really likes the shirt, but doesn't have a skirt that matches it. Since she doesn't really do pants we needed to find something to match it. (Recently she told me "I'm not going to wear jeans anymore mom. Boys wear jeans". Sister Suffragette she is not). I was hoping to find a purpley pink to match the letters on the shirt, and figured that I'd add some silver sequin to it to make it more special. Well, we walked into the fabric store and found this

It was scary expensive at $16 a yard, but I had a good coupon so we got it. How could we not? It's too perfect. I bought extra fabric too, so I might make a dress out of it too! So, this week I made this: (ready for your weekly Maddie fashion show? It's a particularly good one)

Folks, she needs no encouragement to do this. This is truly what comes naturally to her. And yes, she does wear a tiara most of the day. No need for special accessories for the photo shoot! She was already wearing them!

And of course, since Maddie had gotten a skirt, Carissa needed a matching one

Having gotten that done, Maddie has requested that I make a Tshirt with a glass slipper on it for Carissa too. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks for letting me share guys! I'll leave you with a picture of Maddie's evening activity. Since it's been so cold during her Spring Break, she talked her dad into an indoor campout. Have a great Easter weekend everyone!

Last edited by shan23877; 03-29-2013 at 12:54 AM.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 03:40 AM   #393
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

My vote is for dinner at CRT!!

Maddie's skirt looks so cute!! I love that fabric - perfect for your little princess!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #394
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

I'm going to vote for CRT as well. I love Maddies little fashion shows! Looking forward to more updates
Old 03-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #395
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I have taught my grade 2 class how to draw Mickey Mouse and they did very well. granted I was going slower than the animator at DHS, but I also was not individually helping them since there is no way I can do that with 18 students. I think Maddie will do fine, and you can just guide her along the way if you feel she needs the help.

Beautiful Maddie photo shoot, as always.

There is no way that you can do BBB without going to eat in the Castle, so I will say your day 3 ADR is Cinderella's Royal Table.

For the food tournament, here are my votes:

Signature/Celebrity Chef
Citricos

Character/Dinner Show
Be Our Guest (I was tempted to vote for the underdog here, since I've heard so many great things about the interaction from the step-sisters at Park Fare)

Table Service
Boma

Counter Service
Casey's

Last edited by ronnmel; 03-29-2013 at 09:25 AM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #396
Avery&Todd
DIS Veteran

What a great update - so much to cover and comment on!!!

and Im going to go along with the crowd and say that if you have an appt at BBB that morning, that you're set for CRT for dinner on Day #3!!!

ADR Game:
Signature/Celebrity Chef
Citricos

Character/Dinner Show
Be Our Guest - this is on my list for next time!!

Table Service
Boma

Counter Service
Casey's - who doesnt enjoy a good hot dog???

DERN - I totally missed the Day#2 ADRs....well, except for H&V.....BUT YEAH for YM!! That was one of my favorite dinners on our last trip!!

and Maddie....she is SUCH the cutie and the best model - and that sparkly, flippy skirt....TO.DIE.FOR!!!!

and I would sport a crown of jewels all the time if I could!!

June 2015: It's time to plan!! Where should we stay???
June 2012 - BC June 2010 - WL June 2009 - WL
Avery&Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #397
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Best Maddie fashion show to date!!!! She is so darn cute and the fact that she likes to wear a tiara everyday...tops in my books!!! I love that shirt and I think you did an great job on her skirt...I can barely get a button back on
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #398
katt789
DIS Veteran

My food votes are:

-Citricos: I’ve always wanted to eat there and it sounds great!

-I CAN’T EVEN!!! WHY WOULD YOU PUT THOSE CHARACTER MEALS AGAINST EACH OTHER?!?! They both have amazing food, BOG has the best atmosphere in the world, and 1900 has the most perfect character interaction. UGH! Uhm…I am going to have to vote for Be Our Guest though, I feel like, overall, it was just more impressive. If you end up not getting the Step sisters at the dinner, it might not be worth it, and I can’t even look at pictures of BOG without crying, so it wins, lawl!

-Boma: amazing food, seriously, I cannot wait until I can go back here. Plus you get the added benefit of seeing AKL, it’s gorgeous! I loved that there were more African flavored options, and so many different choices there!

-Caseys: It’s a Disney classic, you can’t get through a trip without eating here. And the cartoons in the back, SUPER CUTE. But seriously, corn dog nuggets….

AAAAHHHH Maddie has a derpy Perry shirt! ADORABLE! I love him! I also REALLY like the whole Sofia the First thing, the movie is super cute, and honestly, it’s playhouse Disney I can stand to watch, I tried to watch Jake one day but it’s a little too much like Dora for me! Lol Jake however is super adorbs, not surprised Maddie loves him!

I suggest for Woody and Buzz to go straight to TSM at rope drop, grab a fp, jump in standby, and after riding standby, jump right into the toy’s meeting line! We did that last month and it worked wonderfully!

You’ve never seen Fantasmic?! WHAT?! Lol, it’s pretty great! I have to say if I had kids in tow, I’d be getting the dinner pkg too, just to not have to wait that long, hopefully you guys really enjoy it!

YAAAAAYY I’M IN THE LEAD FOR THE ADR GAME!!! Bahahaha, but seriously, I started super late…I’m good at these things…

Hmmm….I’m going to guess that you’re doing CRT on this MK day, considering you’ve got the BBB in the morning, I FEEL like that makes sense….it could be BOG….but I’m going with CRT!

ETA: AH! I missed the last update somehow

Saw the Lilo dress on facebook, it’s super cute! Also love the shirt. Baha! I so don’t do pants either, I wish I lived somewhere warmer! I’m all about the shorts, yoga pants, capris, dresses, hate jeans, hate hate hate them. Maddie and I are so the same lol.

Oh my goodness Maddie is just the cutest thing ever, she’s already doing the perfect princess poses! She definitely is one! I’m also in love with that tiara!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #399
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I love Ryan Seacrest too.

I have to admit that I've never really understand March Madness or brackets or anything, so all the 'seed' talk is pretty lost on me, BUT it's fun to vote so whatever!

Voting for... Citricos, Be Our Guest, Boma, and Casey's.

Okay, so I've never done the drawing class with a child, but I did do it with my little brother with down syndrome, and I have to say that he did a WONDERFUL job following directions. So I feel like if Maddie is already good at drawing, she should enjoy herself there.

DANG, I'm tied for FIRST?! WHAT? Hhaha, awesome!!! I didn't expect that. My guess for this round is Be Our Guest.

That skirt is ADORABLE, oh my good gracious. Love it!!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #400
TruLovesKiss
Mouseketeer

My guess for your day 3 is that you're going to try for Be Our Guest counter service for lunch (no ADRs needed) after Maddie is all princess-ified at BBB , so your dinner reservation must be for Cinderella's Royal Table! This morning was our 180 days out and after calling right at 7 am, I was able to get all of the ADRs that we were hoping for! - including BOG and CRT! Yay!!! I'm SO excited.... I feel like I've been walking on clouds all day!!!

My choices for the next matchups are:
Signature/Celebrity Chef
Citricos

Character/Dinner Show
Be Our Guest

Table Service
Boma

Counter Service
Tangerine Cafe

The pink sparkle twirl skirt is just amazing! It's the perfect match for that t-shirt!!- which I love by the way! And boy is Carissa lucky to get matching outfits too! You might have to invest in a Bedazzeler for her glass slipper top lol

Rachel (32) ~ Joe (34) ~ Donovan (8) ~ Jorie (6) ~ Isla (4) ~ Bronwyn (2)

Last edited by TruLovesKiss; 03-29-2013 at 03:07 PM.
TruLovesKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #401
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, those clothes are adorable. I really need to take a sewing class and learn how to do it. I am so jealous of the incredibly cute clothes people are able to make.

My Votes:
1. Citricos
2. 1900 Park Faire I decided to base it on character interaction even though it's definitely the underdog.
3. Boma. Breakfast is on the top of my list for the next time. Kiddos will have to deal with a meal without characters
4. Caseys

For your reservation, I'm saying CRT.

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #402
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Ooooh, some toughies this time around! My choices:

Citricos
Be Our Guest
Raglan Road
Tangerine Cafe

Now, off to read the other posts...I was afraid I'd forget to vote if I waited!

Last edited by SoNotAPrincess; 03-29-2013 at 04:51 PM.
SoNotAPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #403
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

OK, I'm back!

Maddie reminds me of my niece, Erica (all grown up now)...she loved photo shoots and was known to strike a pose whenever a camera came out, even if it wasn't pointing at her!

I love that sparkly, flouncy skirt...great job! Carissa must be the best dressed doll in town!

Hmmm...for your ADR, I'm going to say CRT because BBB and CRT just seem to go together!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #404
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

And this weeks matchups are:

Here goes another round:

Citricos

1900 Park Fare

Raglan Road

Casey's

I'm voting for Be Our Guest for your ADR day 3.

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
michael's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #405
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

I vote for:

Citricos (I think that's spelled correctly rotfl)
Ooh we're eating at both Be Our Guest and 1900 Park Fare dinner next trip but I have to give it to Be Our Guest
Boma, another one were trying next trip
tangeriine cafe because we actually ate here last trip and it was delicious!

My guess, as many others have said, is for CRT because Maddie will be all done up from BBB. Does she have any ideas what princess she wants to be this time?

Carissa's Lilo dress and the skirt matching Maddie's are so adorable! My grandma used to make our AG dolls clothes to match us and I've kept them all! Love it.

Maddie's photoshoot is downright adorable. The skirt came out amazing. You're so talented! That looks pretty complicated to make. She looks like she's been doing some growing up too! Tell her to cut that out rotfl.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: