Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #211
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The One With the Tournament of Food

Hey guys! Bryan has been working very hard getting the master bracket ready for the 2013 Tournament of Food!

He's arranged the restaurants into the following regions

Signature and Celebrity Chef

Character and Dinner Shows

Counter Service

Table Service

For this week we'll vote on one match-up in each region (except signature since Cali Grill got the First Round Bye). Your vote should be based on overall experience-food, service, location, everything counts. All that matters is which one you liked better over all.

I hope that this will be fun, and give us all some new ideas of restaurants we'd like to try on upcoming trips!

Without further ado, this week's opening round match-ups are...

In the Character/Dinner Show Region

Chef Mickey vs. Spirit of Aloha

In the Counter Service Region

Flame Tree BBQ vs. ABC Commissary

In the Table Service Region

'Ohana vs. Tony's Town Square

So go ahead and vote on your favorites! We'll keep track of the votes, and the winners will move on in the Tournament of Food!!!

You'll also have until next Thursday to make your pick for Round Two of the Guess My ADR Game!

The clue for Day One is that we only have one ADR-for dinner-and that we'll be spending our first day at the Magic Kingdom! Here are the places you can choose from:

1900 Park Fare

Akershus

Be Our Guest

Cinderella's Royal Table

Chef Mickey

Chefs De France

Coral Reef

Fultons

Hollywood & Vine

Liberty Tree Tavern

Mama Melrose

Narcoossees

'Ohana

'Ohana

Tusker House

Yachtsman

Thanks for playing guys!

Last edited by shan23877; 02-25-2013 at 10:28 PM.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #212
shan23877

The One With the Sewing Part One

I have a sewing update for you all as well! When I was planning our ADR, I mentioned to a Dis friend that I was thinking about making this dress for our 'Ohana breakfast. She convinced me that it's not "too much", so I said if she likes it I'll make one for her little girl too! Let me know Roni! (and Jenn, if you need two of them-PM me )

You know Maddie can't not do a photo shoot right?

Hula Dancing of course

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #213
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877
I have a sewing update for you all as well! When I was planning our ADR, I mentioned to a Dis friend that I was thinking about making this dress for our 'Ohana breakfast. She convinced me that it's not "too much", so I said if she likes it I'll make one for her little girl too! Let me know Roni! (and Jenn, if you need two of them-PM me )

You know Maddie can't not do a photo shoot right?

Hula Dancing of course
It is fantastic!!!!!!!!! If you still have time, there is no way I would say no to this!! It will be perfect for breakfast with our Hawaiian friends at 'Ohana. LOVE IT!!!!!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #214
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
It is fantastic!!!!!!!!! If you still have time, there is no way I would say no to this!! It will be perfect for breakfast with our Hawaiian friends at 'Ohana. LOVE IT!!!!!
I'm glad you like it because I'm half way done with Willow's!

The girls will look adorable in them!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #215
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877

I'm glad you like it because I'm half way done with Willow's!

The girls will look adorable in them!
OMG - you are so funny!!!! You had to know I would love it!!!! I can't decide whether to tell Willow about it or have it be a surprise.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #216
smidgy
dimples

well, I haven't been playing the ADR game, but I just have to say: I can't believe anyone would choose ABC Commissary over our beloved Flame Tree! I would eat at flame tree even if the food wasn't scrumptious. all those cool tables to sit at further down in, by the lagoon with a view of everest!

Last edited by smidgy; 02-26-2013 at 05:23 PM.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #217
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post

I don't think you'd be disappointed if you took your own dress. Have you seen the BBB t-shirts and skirts? I think we'll have to get a t-shirt this year too. I know she'd wear it more than any other WDW shirt we could get her as a souvenir.

Yes, actually Adison has the BBB tee shirt, it's very cute. Last year we were doing BBB as a "once in a lifetime" kind of thing (haha...yeah, that plan always backfires!) and she had the Castle package, we bought the sparkly shoes, the purse & gloves set, and the pink glittered tee to commemorate it all.

Actually, that tee shirt sparked a debate in her pre-k class! lol It bought up the topic of princesses, and apparently (according to a bossy girl in her class) only one girl may declare each princess to be her favorite. Adison's favorite is Aurora, Bossy Girl's favorite is Aurora too. Adison was very upset that evening when she told me that SB can't be her favorite anymore because Bossy Girl likes her. I may have been wrong in doing so (probably should have explained the virtues of sharing favorites), but I told her that she could prove that she was the number one SB fan by bringing in a photo of them together...that'll show Bossy Girl!

Anyway, and yes I have seen the tutu once....on a picture of Honey Boo Boo! It is cute but I want to milk the princess loving years for all they are worth. I love the tutu for kids a little older though that are "too cool" to dress as a princess, but still want the magic of the BBB.

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:00 AM   #218
merbobear
DIS Veteran

OH MY! That dress is too adorable on Maddie! It definitely is not "too much" and it's perfect (is there a such thing as "too much" at Disney??). Do you sew from patterns or make up as you go along? And if from patterns, do you buy the paper patterns at the store or get ideas online? I can sew...not as well as you, but I have the basics down, and I really should do it more often. I am embarrassed at the pile of unused fabric that I have accumulated, because I always have tons of ideas and then they never come to fruition! Was this style of dress fairly simple to accomplish?

I have to think a bit to make my guess for your ADR and to vote, but I was wondering:

If we have not dined at either of the restaurant choices, should we not vote? That isn't an issue for me this round, but I could see it might happen...or should we vote just based on what we think we might like best?

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #219
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I've actually never been to any of your first round matchups! Well, ABC Commissary YEARS ago, but I'll vote for Flame Tree over that - I've heard very good things about it!

Maddie's new dress is adorable!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #220
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Chef Mickey

Flame Tree

I haven't been to either Ohana or Tony's so I'll pass on that one.

My ADR guess is Be Our Guest. Just because you were probably too excited about trying that one to wait.

Maddie looks like she loves her Hawaiian dress!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #221
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Location: On the westside of the cornfield and to the east of the soybeans

That dress is amazing! My neice would flip out although she firmly believes Lilo is actually Dora on vacation. She's 3 going on 16 so correcting her would be pointless and result is meltdown!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970848
MrsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #222
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Hey guys! Bryan has been working very hard getting the master bracket ready for the 2013 Tournament of Food!

Chef Mickey vs. Spirit of Aloha

Flame Tree BBQ vs. ABC Commissary

'Ohana vs. Tony's Town Square

So go ahead and vote on your favorites! We'll keep track of the votes, and the winners will move on in the Tournament of Food!!!

You'll also have until next Thursday to make your pick for Round Two of the Guess My ADR Game!

The clue for Day One is that we only have one ADR-for dinner-and that we'll be spending our first day at the Magic Kingdom! Here are the places you can choose from:

Liberty Tree Tavern

Bryan did a great job on the Tournament of Food!

Chef Mickey's is a must!

Flame Tree BBQ sounds good to me

Ohana is another must do!

And, I would think a more relaxing start of the trip with Liberty Tree Tavern would be nice (Please don't tell me I'm wrong because it's not in the MK )

I would think that BOG needs a BBB apointment prior to diner!

All the best, Karen
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #223
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Well last place is a good place to start!! So I have alot of redeeming to do. . . My guess for round 2 is Be Our Guest.
Tournament of food
Character/Dinner Show- Spirit of Aloha
Counter- Flame Tree BBQ
Table- Ohana
The "Lilo" dress is so cute and the model is super adorable! I really like your vintage look matching Mickey shirts!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #224
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I just PM'd you about the dresses--you read my mind! I saw the picture before I read the words and though, "I HAVE TO CONVINCE HER TO MAKE THIS FOR MY GIRLS!!!" AHHHHH!

Here are my picks for the tournament so far:
In the Character/Dinner Show Region- Chef Mickey

In the Counter Service Region- Flame Tree

In the Table Service Region- "Ohana (duh!)

I'm still trying to figure out the other game, LOL!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #225
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

That dress is super cute! Maddie is going to get lots of special attention from Lilo!

My votes are for:
Chef Mickeys
Flame Tree
Ohana (a must do for us!)

And for your dinner I'll say BOG (how could you wait!?)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: