Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #136
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Sorry for the PIN confusion.

I think you will LOVE the Royal Rooms. I can't wait to hear a first hand account of them!
It was frustrating.

I think we will too! I'll take LOTS of pictures!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #137
katt789
DIS Veteran

Haha!! I think it's because I haven't gotten to that point in the TR yet!! Lol. Hmm..comparing CBR to AoA?! That's a toughie, I lvoed them both.

Food Courts: AoA WINS! Hands down, WAY more space and choices, and it's open later (ie you can still eat there after getting home from the parks) it's also in the same place as the bus stops/lobby/gift shop and EVERYTHING, so it's convient in the mornings, less walking back and fourth.

Rooms: CBR obviously has a little more space than AoA, but the AoA were moer kid friendly, and had like, THE best freaking bathrooms in the world (check out facebook for those pictures lol) They had tons of nice touches that were really awesome and they were BRAND spankin new when we stayed in them so they were clean, still all new smelling and stuff

CBR had a ton of beautiful stuff like the lake and island and pathways, but AoA has all the lion king, nemo, cars and stuff in it, and all the LM trinkets, it's all amazing, like, the BEST value I've ever stayed at for sure, Pop is awesome too, but AoA beats it for sure! It's all so awesome, tons of stuff for kids to enjoy (and those of us who grew up in the 90's lol!)

Pools: I enjoyed AoA's better, I mean, the big blue pool you can hear music underneath and dory and nemo, and the kids splash area was adorable! Each area has it's own pool too, like CBR, and they were never crowded!

I think in the end it comes down to what the kids in the party would like, if I was going back with say, my Mom, or Tyler, I'd choose CBR, but with Paige, Sylvia, someone younger, or taking kids, I'd choose AoA. I also REALLY want to check out the Lion King suites!!

Anyway, now that I've gone on the longest tangent ever, they're both amazing, and I don't know if I could choose! Lol. Also, glad you emailed about the pin, hopefully they get back to you soon!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #138
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post

Overall did you enjoy your stay at POR? We're excited about it!
We loved our stay at POR. I think it's a lovely theme and a very relaxing resort. The pool party was always one of DGD favorite activity. And, behind the pool, they had marshellow roast in the late afternoon. My DGD loved the royal room and looking for all the special princesses touches, matching the prince to the princess. It was fun just lying on the bed and looking around and say 'oh look.....' The fireworks were amazing. Mousekeeping was awesome, with lots of towel animals and posing of her dolls, etc. And, you are right, we hardly ever looked out our window, so the parking lot view wasn't even noticable. It did put us close to the bus stop.

The Royal rooms are only in The Oak Manor and The Parterre Place. Oak Manor is a little closer to the East Bus stop and to Ole Man Island and to Riverside Mill. (Although, now when I look at the map, I see we always walked the long way around to Riverside Mill).

We always have a car, so we don't always rely on the buses. But, never had any problems with the buses. Overall, I really like POR. Although, my DS thought it looked too much like home (yeah, like I live in a mansion on the Ashley River!). And, my DGD says she still likes the Polynesian best! (yeah, like who wouldn't) I could easily go back to POR over and over.

I know you will enjoy it! Karen
Old 02-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #139
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

I read your previous TR and loved it! So of course, I was thrilled to find this. I am going to go through and read all your updates now

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #140
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Lmao true 40% would've definitely been an excellent resolution!!

I'm glad you decided to email Disney about it. If nothing else they should at least apologize and try to make sure it's something that doesn't happen in the future. Very smart about calming down enough to be able to email without blind emotion. I feel you get further with some common sense and logic than yelling and screaming. Even though its hard to do sometimes loo

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #141
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

Just joining in! We are booked in a POR Royal Guest room from March 2-10!!! DD5 is going to go nuts!! This trip is a surprise and it's killing me keeping it from her. She loves surprises and handles them well so I just have to keep thinking about the big reveal and how awesome that moment will (hopefully) be on that day! But, I do love that you get so much input on the trip and hope to do that next time. What TR were you reading about the Royal rooms???? I'm just discovering TRs now. I was a lurker until just recently and I'm so into these reports I hope to do one when we get back.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #142
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

The plot thickens...

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #143
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OKAY!!! I have made my list of ADR choices... I didn't look at anyone else's list because I thought I would feel like a cheater if I did. And I have to admit, some of them are super random guesses, but hey, ya never know!

1. 'Ohana
2. 'Ohana
3. Chef Mickey's
4. Be Our Guest
5. 1900 Park Fare
6. Tusker House
7. Yak and Yeti
8. Cinderella's Royal Table
9. Hollywood and Vine
10. Cape May Cafe
11. Via Napoli
12. Akershus
13. Sci-Fi
14. Garden Grill
15. Citricos
16. Liberty Tree Tavern

Quick Service
1. Earl of Sandwich
2. Be Our Guest
3. Wolfgang Puck Express

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #144
smidgy
dimples

yes, Magnolia Bend (aka the "mansion" section) is scloser to FQ than Alligator Bayou. but it is across the river. parterre place is closer to FQ, but oak manor is closer to old man island and the food court.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #145
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

GOOD GRIEF!! What a pain! I can't believe you were on the phone that long, and I really can't believe they gave you a FL resident discount....really doesn't make much sense, does it? Bad mistake on someones part.

We've thought about renting points from David's, too. There are pros and cons....but I'm like you; it makes me nervous. Lots of people do it and have had great success. Perhaps one day we'll give it a try. For our next long trip, we're using some of my parent's RCI points to stay at a villa.

The Royal Rooms are great!!! Faith thought they were beautiful. Needless to say it was a little tight with 5 people, but with yall only having 3 it will be perfect. If I ever get around to it, I'm going to do that mini-TR on POR and the New Fantasyland...I have tons of pics. Will let you know when that gets started. I might need to finish my present TR first

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #146
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

It made my day to know my TR influenced your POR choice!

We stayed in Parterre Place, but Oak Manor is a bit closer to the pool, food court, bus stop, etc.; so you may want to put in a request for Oak Manor. Every step you save in walking around the resort is good!

FYI, Parterre Place has a rose garden with patches named after each princess and a really adorable "throne" set up that makes a lovely princess photo opp.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #147
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I really have to get back to my regular DIS-ing so I'm not always so behind!

I am so excited for you that you get to celebrate your bday in Disney!!!

Well, you already know my feelings on the PIN code. It's very frustrating what you had to go through & they should be able to give you a better explanation of it. I'm glad you sent an email!

I think the POR Royal is absolutely perfect for Maddie!

Ok, I'm horrible at ADR games but I'm gonna give it a shot! Here goes nothing!

1. 'Ohana breakfast
2. 'Ohana dinner
3. CRT
4. Akershus
5. 1900 Park Fare
6. Chef Mickey's
7. Via Napoli
8. 50's PrimeTime
9. Be Our Guest
10. Le Cellier
11. Crystal Palace
12. Chefs de France
13. Mama Melrose
14. Yachtsman
15. Yak & Yeti
16. TREX

I'm probably completely wrong but those are my very uneducated guesses.

As for the 3 Counter Service meals, I'll go with:

1. Flame Tree BBQ
2. The Food Court @ POR
3. Cosmic Ray's
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #148
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Hey!! I found your PTR!!!

I am familiar with the concept of a PTR, but I am resigned to the fact that I will probably never have one of my own.

subbing in. Will try to keep up. Looks like you will be departing WDW the day before we arrive!! Love the ADR game, will give it some thought and put in my guesses in a bit. (I usually wait until the last minute on anything like this.)

Sorry to hear about that pin confusion. I'm happy that it led to a positive result, but still feel for you having to go through that. I think sending the email was a good idea, even if you don't get a response, it's good to get that out.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans for the trip!!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #149
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

It's awesome you let Maddie choose the room to stay in. I'm sure no matter where you stay, you'll absolutely love it.

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #150
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Grrr what a frustrating pin saga!!
I think writing to them was definitely a good idea, hopefully avoids this situation for someone in the future!

All the same, you are going to have such a fantastic stay there!!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: