Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #16
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, interesting... enjoy reading people's opinions! So, we are planning to rent dvc points to stay at either of the places. At the Beach Club, the dvc studios are only available in the BCV's, right? So it if we are planning to stay dvc, our only choice for studio rooms is in the BCV wing, is that how it works there?

Thanks again for replies, guys, appreciate it! And thanks for the good wishes for a great trip - Hoping to choose the right place for a magical Christmas vacation!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #17
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Also wondering a couple other things. Don't all the BCV rooms, including studios, have balconies? I know all the ones at BC do not have full balconies.

Are there really only two elevators in the BCV building? I was looking at a map of the place and looks like there are only two for all of the 282 room there. And it sure looks like a long walk to the bus from those rooms.

And, we are late to bed / late risers - no rope drop for us, lol! So how are the rooms at either place for brightness? Are either of them very bright early in the morning making it more difficult to sleep in very well? I know some places we've been have more room darkening curtains than others and too bright of rooms too early can make getting that needed sleep a bit more difficult!

Thanks again!

Last edited by Minniekins; 02-04-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: fixing
Minniekins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #18
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniekins
Also wondering a couple other things. Don't all the BCV rooms, including studios, have balconies? I know all the ones at BC do not have full balconies.

Are there really only two elevators in the BCV building? I was looking at a map of the place and looks like there are only two for all of the 282 room there. And it sure looks like a long walk to the bus from those rooms.

And, we are late to bed / late risers - no rope drop for us, lol! So how are the rooms at either place for brightness? Are either of them very bright early in the morning making it more difficult to sleep in very well? I know some places we've been have more room darkening curtains than others and too bright of rooms too early can make getting that needed sleep a bit more difficult!

Thanks again!
Yes only 2 elevators. We've had a 2 bedroom all the way down on the end and didnt think the walk was bad. The resort is small by Disney standards.

We don't get up early either and the curtains make the room plenty dark. The noise level from people in the halls may bother you. I find OKW to be quieter because there are no hallways.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #19
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniekins View Post

Thanks again!
Yes, all the studios have balconies. The BCV's are fairly small, so there doesn't seem to be a long walk to an elevator. There are some well-place exit doors there, too, which will bring you out close to the walking paths.

I think the bus stop is closer to the villas than it is to the main resort. Here is a map. You will see that the bus stop is on the other side of the waterway. There is a sidewalk between that waterway and the parking lot that will take you right to the bus stop.

You can find out a lot of information on the Beach and Yacht Club thread.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #20
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

And here is a picture of the BCV's overlooking the quiet pool. If you look at the combination of balconies and windows, the rooms without a balcony are the master bedrooms of the 1 br villa. The studios and the living room have balconies.

The woods side gets morning sun. I've only had the woods side.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We stayed at BCV's back when they first opened and we had two queen beds in the studio. The second time we went there we were surprised to see that the suite had a queen and a sleeper. Maybe it was just that one room.

But anyway, the regular BC rooms are nicer than the BCV suites.
Nope, they never had two queen beds. Ever. I think you are mistaken. They couldn't fit two queen beds in those studios. That's why the double sleeper sofa in most of the studios. They can't fit a queen sized sleeper sofa in the room and they can't fit two queen beds.

Quote:
Are there really only two elevators in the BCV building? I was looking at a map of the place and looks like there are only two for all of the 282 room there. And it sure looks like a long walk to the bus from those rooms. ...
So it if we are planning to stay dvc, our only choice for studio rooms is in the BCV wing, is that how it works there?
There are two elevator banks. Meaning three elevators in one of the banks and two in the other (or maybe only one, not sure). BWV only has one elevator bank with three elevators.

BCV is not a wing of the BC. It is a separate building connected only by a covered walkway. It has no real good view other than maybe a pool view (but the parking lot is just beyond that). The BC Resort building is separate (and even painted a different color than the BCV) from the BCV.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

We LOVE LOVE LOVE BCV! We are DVC owners and this is our home resort. There are so many things we love about it! The location can't be beat. You can walk to two parks and the dining options are endless. Love being able to walk into World Showcase at night to dine or have a drink. The Boardwalk is also a huge plus. We love the atmosphere and theming. I have always had a wonderful experience at BCV and have not found the rooms to be dirty. I would not go back if the rooms were dirty either! We just love it!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #23
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, seeing more BCV love! Thanks, Wood Nymph, for the map and pic! Some studios there look quite a long way from the bus stop, unless you can get a studio on that close wing.

Okay, I see what you mean with the elevators, not just one elevator making the trips, but 3 or 2 per side. That's a bit better, i was thinking it could get a bit slow and crowded trying to take the elevators, lol.

Is the woods view better or the quiet pool?

Thanks again for the replies, enjoy taking in all the opinions!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #24
River Country
DIS Jedi

This is not as easy as you would Think buttttttttt i love BCV and as a DVC member that does not own at BCV i can tell you it is a tough reservation to snag especially in December.

I have satyed at OKW as well and it is the biggest studio in all of DVC resorts the layout is wonderful and there is of course Olivia's which is in my opinion WDW's best kept secret for a TS meal.

With that said because of the location alone i would choose BCV. The proximity to EPCOT and Boardwalk is only 10 minutes and maybe 15-20 minute walk to Hollywood Studios, there is also the Friendship Water Taxi's, as well as the great Restaurants at the Swan and DOlphin and the Yacht Club. ONLY 1 Drawback is if you are taking buses to the other area's the ride back is long you will stop at Swan then Dolphin Then Yacht Club then Beach Club so after a long day its a long ride but better than the worst day at work LOL
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #25
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Old key west is basically the disney retirement community. Skip the nursing home vibe and stay at the beach club!
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #26
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Thanks again for all the replies!

So, if i were to try to get a studio ressie, through a DVC owner(not sure, it's called renting points, right? i just did this in Dec at AKL, but having a mind blank, lol), at either of these places for second week Dec 2013, is this something I'd have a hard time getting? Should i be able to expect to secure a reservation, or is it more likely going to be very difficult to get and I'll be disappointed?

Last edited by Minniekins; 02-06-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Minniekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #27
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks again for all the replies!

So, if i were to try to get a studio ressie, through a DVC owner(not sure, it's called renting points, right? i just did this in Dec at AKL, but having a mind blank, lol), at either of these places for second week Dec 2013, is this something I'd have a hard time getting? Should i be able to expect to secure a reservation, or is it more likely going to be very difficult to get and I'll be disappointed?
Early to mid-December is easily one of the busiest times for DVC. The point requirements for this time are much lower than later in the month, yet you still get to enjoy all the Christmas festivities in WDW.

People have been able to book that time period for a month now, so you may find availability a problem at BCV (it's such a small resort, so it books up quickly at the busiest times.)

If you want to go the BCV route, I'd find a BCV owner to rent points from very quickly and get your reservation secured. Good luck!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #28
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
Old key west is basically the disney retirement community. Skip the nursing home vibe and stay at the beach club!
WHAT???????? Sign me up for that nursing home now! That's not true
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #29
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

I have seen lots of families with kids seem to love OKW!

Hmmm, I see the points cost does go up a few days before Christmas. Hopefully there will still be some availabliity! Yikes, just back from our last trip and gotta pay for the next one? Ahhh! lol, gotta do what you gotta do I guess!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #30
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniekins View Post
I have seen lots of families with kids seem to love OKW!

Hmmm, I see the points cost does go up a few days before Christmas. Hopefully there will still be some availabliity! Yikes, just back from our last trip and gotta pay for the next one? Ahhh! lol, gotta do what you gotta do I guess!

OKW is our home resort, having joined in 1993..it is a busy family resort.....lots of kids and activities for kids.

Yet is is layout wide and is a bit more qiuet then the Box Resorts, which is a big drawing point.

What ever you do........have a wonderful vacation.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: