Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

no dinning plan

so last trip i had the dinning plan and felt really tied down and felt like i had to plan out everything to be at a certain place at a certain time....this time i decided that i would do no dinning plan and no reservations just eat when we want to eat. Its myself and my 11 year old daughter. Has anyone else done this and still able to eat at some table service places??
babygirlamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

quite a bit depends on when you are going...sometimes it is easy to walk right up and get in...and other times ...no openings for days and days...there are quite a few CS that you could do if nothing else works...Like Cosmic rays in MK, or in Epcot...quite a few of the World SHowcase CS's...also Sunshine seasons in the Land...maybe not a TS sitdown but the food choices are pretty good..
One time we walked up to Le Cellier, and got a table for 2 just by chance...the same at Biergarten..
So it is a matter of luck and also time of the year...
Hope you have fun anyways...we did do this after a ddp year...we wanted to be flexible and go where we wanted to go when we woke up...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

Yes it is possible. The more flexible you are with your times and the time of year you are going also help. Is she has her heart set on a certain character meal, you might want to consider scheduling that one.

Last October, my DH and I were at food and wine and did not make any reservations and ate at Rose and Crown, LaHacienda and the Morrocan place. Put the number to Disney dining in your phone and when you are thinking about what you want to do for you meal just give them a call and ask what is available then they will give you a reservation and its much more successful than just walking up.... but walk ups do happen.... we walked up the Lahacienda and went straight to a table.
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

we are going feb 26th for 7 nights.....
babygirlamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlamg View Post
we are going feb 26th for 7 nights.....
Hmmm, well if you're dd is anything like mine, if I don't have a plan she turns into a miserable lion when she gets hungry, so I learned to always make ADRs (even if we're late we usually have no problem getting in).

Keep in mind your are going during spring break time so it will be VERY busy and in many cases it might be really difficult to get into a TS restaurant unless you dine really early or late for that meal. Of course, this also depends on which TS you're trying to get into.

I would pick maybe one TS each day either lunch or dinner and make an ADR. Don't make them at the signature TS or character TS so you won't have to worry about losing a deposit if you decide you don't want to go there. (unless you would like to def. go to one)

Expect the parks to be quite busy and expect to eat mostly CS meals there if you don't have ADRs.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

We'll be there about the same time and there are still plenty of options if you are flexible. Only the most popular restaurants/times are booked. For example, 'Ohana and Be Our Guest generally don't have any availability while we are there at any time (though we already have reservations) while some restaurants have plenty. On Saturday March 2 at 530 the following restaurants still have reservations open: Biergarten, Cape May, Kona, Nine Dragons, Planet Hollywood, San Angel Inn, etc. These will probably fill up some but you should be able to find something just maybe not what you want. We are paying out of pocket this trip and have reservations for every day but I'm thinking about cancelling a few just so we have more flexibility.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
PottersMom
Mouseketeer

You might have good luck. I have had to make changes to all my ADRs in the past few days. We are arriving March 1, for 4 days. I didn't have trouble booking new ADRs, most places had a few times for each meal. We dont have a lot of flexibility with dinner b/c our kids are really little, but if you are ok to have an eve snack and dinner at 8, I'm sure you'll find something. I agree with PP to call dining services day of and schedule something. Trying to walk up will probably leave you wandering around wasting time if you first choice is booked. Good luck!
PottersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
River Country
DIS Jedi

this does not compute

I have always had ADR's i guess because i know what me and my family like to eat and there are certain musts on all trips

But i know alot of people that go with out ADR's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: