Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
lizziewhan
Earning My Ears

is there a deal coming?

i heard that there is something coming in 10 days...im assuming some sort of deal? the disney vaca lady that i used mentioned it on fb but wont say what it is. any rumors floating around here?
lizziewhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziewhan View Post
i heard that there is something coming in 10 days...im assuming some sort of deal? the disney vaca lady that i used mentioned it on fb but wont say what it is. any rumors floating around here?
define "something coming"?
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
define "something coming"?
Uh, ah, oh ... Too late.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
izzy1070
Earning My Ears

Is there?

I want to know too?! We are planning our honeymoon for Sept but i am hoping for a deal to come out....anyone have any hints?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
Uh, ah, oh ... Too late.

Doesn't Disney always have a deal coming?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

There is almost always a promotion (deal) offered after kids are back to school. During the "hurricane" season. Years ago it was PIN codes with discounts up to around 45%, more recently packages including free dining.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
FREEZIN
FREEZIN

I wonder if it could be something to do with new itineraries for Disney Cruise Line.
That would be nice,but if they could hold off till the 16th of the month when we board the Fantasy that would be even nicer.
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Who Knows What EVIL Lurks In The Heart Of Disney Marketing?!

When Disney feels ready to implement their next promotion they will do so. If other recent promotions have been any indication, for about the first month nobody will really understand it and the Marketing people will not have thought out all the ramifications.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

it's highly expected to be the rest of the 2014 sail dates for DCL

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #10
lizziewhan
Earning My Ears

well im sad to say it was nothing...well not nothing. instead of working for some company as a travel agent she went into business for herself. i really thought it would be something about going to disney
lizziewhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #11
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

When Disney feels ready to implement their next promotion they will do so. If other recent promotions have been any indication, for about the first month nobody will really understand it and the Marketing people will not have thought out all the ramifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
it's highly expected to be the rest of the 2014 sail dates for DCL
I sure hope so!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

Well played...

But i have a hard time biting my tongue (i know...shocking)...when the "any news on the discounts?" posts show up.

I try hard though.

I would remind everyone that old CMB a few years back stood up at the investors podium and swore up and down that discounting would be cut back...and i for one hope that he actually kept his word.

Its seems like a concerted effort to do so...and its better for the parks and the guests as a whole.
Two of the worst periods to visit WDW was the Credit Madness of 2005-2008 to be immediately followed by the "Slash and Burn" of 2008-2010.
It was just a real stinker of an experience...and i know its not popular...but the heavy discounts were a big part of it.
IF only because the dining plan was almost standard - and they used it to shield some cheapskate, quality busting measures with it.

But also there were abnormal crowd levels at strange times...a little too much stress on the infrastructure because they were slashing costs while packing in guests at reduced rates.
Not a "magical" experience...indeed.

I'm all for the traditional discounts...flordia res, CM, early fall and late spring promotions...but glad that many of these "discount" rumors have been falling short for a couple of years now.

Economics aside - which is disappointing to many - it really does cheapen the product and damage it longterm.

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 02-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well played...

But i have a hard time biting my tongue (i know...shocking)...when the "any news on the discounts?" posts show up.

I try hard though.

I would remind everyone that old CMB a few years back stood up at the investors podium and swore up and down that discounting would be cut back...and i for one hope that he actually kept his word.

Its seems like a concerted effort to do so...and its better for the parks and the guests as a whole.
Two of the worst periods to visit WDW was the Credit Madness of 2005-2008 to be immediately followed by the "Slash and Burn" of 2008-2010.
It was just a real stinker of an experience...and i know its not popular...but the heavy discounts were a big part of it.
IF only because the dining plan was almost standard - and they used it to shield some cheapskate, quality busting measures with it.

But also there were abnormal crowd levels at strange times...a little too much stress on the infrastructure because they were slashing costs while packing in guests at reduced rates.

I'm all for the traditional discounts...flordia res, CM, early fall and late spring promotions...but glad that many of these "discount" rumors have been falling short for a couple of years now.

Economics aside - which is disappointing to many - it really does cheapen the product and damage it longterm.
I agree, but am still hoping for free dining in late August. If not, I'll just pay OOP and enjoy the family time before the kids head off to another year of schoolin.

It really seemed like the October crowds were building from year to year and I can only guess it was the free dining and discounts. We had one night where you couldn't even walk down Main Street. Never saw it that busy on an October night.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #14
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I agree, but am still hoping for free dining in late August. If not, I'll just pay OOP and enjoy the family time before the kids head off to another year of schoolin.

It really seemed like the October crowds were building from year to year and I can only guess it was the free dining and discounts. We had one night where you couldn't even walk down Main Street. Never saw it that busy on an October night.
I hear you...and i support you...

Because you said the magic words " I would love it...but if no discount - oh well, go and have a good time anyway"

The problem than i have seen over the last few years is the "greed" for the discounts. It's seems as though people think they're owed to them. And then on top of that there is the impatience:

"What are they waiting for?!? I need to the discount code for my 12 night reservation at the Poly!!! "

I'm exaggerating...but not too much. I've seen almost the verbatim thing around here far too many times.

People's views of what they should receive/ pay were skewed heavily pre and post bubble. If their contention was that they could afford to go, but only afford 60-70% of the price of the rooms, tickets, and services...then my contention is that they actually can't afford to go.

just a peeve of mine.

As far as October...i know what you mean....

Used to be the best month of the year to go (may and november close seconds)...but it's popularity went off the charts and made it downright uncomfortable in recent years.

Part of that was the Halloween Party being very successful and them rolling it out 20 times a year. It's way better than the christmas party.

But the other is the Food and Wine Festival. That thing has gone through the stratosphere and swamps the property (no pun intended).
And it does so from segments that have big access to the property: namely DVC members and Florida Residents.

Not the same as it used to be.

Last edited by lockedoutlogic; 02-04-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well played...

I try hard though.

Personally I loved the discounts, it allowed my wife and I to upgrade from a value to a moderate resort on our honeymoon. It also allowed for us to visit WDW at times when we might not have been able to.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: