Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #76
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Kookster, I will be visiting your humble CR abode much more frequently now. Just put the deposit down today...

And it's all Melissa's and your fault.

(The Space Mountain thing was boring, really. It was during heavy rain -- there was no wait so I rushed us on. She didn't have time to mentally prepare and it scared the almighty bejeebus outta her. Bad mommy is me. )
Sorry (again) Melissa...

Where will you be posting the particulars: RC, CR or here? I want to know what room you booked, but where should I look?

About that SM story - embellish, embellish! Something like a Peterman would be good. Maybe you tried to return the very pants you were wearing?! Something edgy like that.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #77
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Very true..but Kook is pretty amazing...remember her helping me to make my onsite ch-ch-change from GF to WL

Sorry to go offtopic Melissa
That she is! I forgot about your long ago onsite RC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well then, WCC just wouldn't be much fun, now would it?

Sci Fi is a lot of fun and last August we tried that burger that has a hot dog in it - craziness! Our server laughed when I asked when they took the popcorn away - guess it's been a while
Sam doesn't like ketcup on eggs or mac n cheese but she does love it on her French Fries... so we are covered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Janet does have an uncanny GPS which did find me having no success changing back to CR from FWC. There are only a limited number of SOG overflow rooms and CR is no more. I had a lot of trouble even getting through to change so that was a sign right there.

Actually, the Values and Mods do fill up quicker, but those extra-overcharged Deluxes, not so fast. We actually found the resorts to be pretty empty last spring break, the parks, however, whole other story.
So true, guess my knowledge of such things is due to lack of experience in staying deluxe.... note to self, need to remedy that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Kookster, I will be visiting your humble CR abode much more frequently now. Just put the deposit down today...

And it's all Melissa's and your fault.

(The Space Mountain thing was boring, really. It was during heavy rain -- there was no wait so I rushed us on. She didn't have time to mentally prepare and it scared the almighty bejeebus outta her. Bad mommy is me. )
Miss M. is just like my DS when he was younger.... he had to contemplate EVERYTHING.... sometimes for a long while... before he would try any attractions.

Sorry too Melissa for rambling on.... now folks stay tuned, back to our regularly scheduled TR!!

So, Melissa, what's up today??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #78
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I have pictures and updates and just haven't had time yet to post. Great day so far! We just finished dinner here at AK now heading back to CR to watch Frankenweenie

Oh and I love all the chatting, no apologies needed!!! I do feel like family

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #79
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
My vote is to add another park day... you don't have to go on RnR or ToT... ... there is TSM which is fabulous!! As well as Beauty and the Beast, little mermaid, etc. Do you like coasters? I'm a fan, just not the upside down variety... have gone on RnR about 6 times and decided its not a necessity for me.. ToT has grown on me.
I called today and added another day. I do love coaster, they just don't love me. I end up getting sick. Space Mountain usually isn't a problem, but I started feeling a little icky on it this past June. EE didn't give me any trouble either, and I thought it would. I more afraid of getting sick than anything. I'll split the cost of some patches with my mom and hopefully that will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Yikes!! I'm in bed by 11:30 - 12pm and have to get up by 6:30 am...
When I had that schedule, I would take a nap after the DSs got to school, and the DH and I would take a nap as soon as we got the DSs to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sleep is a luxury for me I survive on catnaps
It's gotten better for me and sleep, but most days are still like that. Mainly due to school and the inlaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I have pictures and updates and just haven't had time yet to post. Great day so far! We just finished dinner here at AK now heading back to CR to watch Frankenweenie

Oh and I love all the chatting, no apologies needed!!! I do feel like family

Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm glad it's been a great day. Have fun at the movie!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #80
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Okay I downloaded my camera to my laptop, kids are watching some tv and hopefully falling asleep and DH switched the laundry and is now smoking his cigar I'll get to pics in a moment.

Everyone slept in today so it was another late start, which is fine. We headed to MK (via the walkway again, which is awesome by the way). First up is always Thunder Mtn or Space Mtn with my crew but since we had lunch at LTT we boarded the train for Adventureland. Rode some rides then had a yummy (as usual) lunch at LTT. The kiddos had the GF Mac and cheese again but were able to get GF dinner rolls as well. DH and I shared the pot roast and turkey dinner (as usual) and it did not disappoint! We decoded to skip dessert and head to Space Mtn for one last ride before heading to AK. MK was really a zoo even though is was low in the crowd levels. The cheerleaders obviously did not have a competition today and were all over the parks.

First stop at AK was, can you guess? Yep, Expedition everest! Got in a few more rides and then headed to the safari. The lions were out walking around which was very cool as they are usually just laying down. We grabbed dinner at Pizzafari so the kids could have GF pizza before heading back to the CR to watch Frankenweenie.

DD really wanted to go back to MK after the movie but DH and I really didn't want to and I knew I wanted to get a load of laundry in. I am hoping they get a good nights sleep so we can be up a bit earlier tomorrow and go downstairs for breakfast as they devoured the Babycakes donuts this morning and I have nothing left in the room for them.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Last edited by babyberger; 02-08-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #81
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Here are the balcony views as promised had to pull these from my point and shoot that I don't carry with me in the parks but brought it specifically for these shots.

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #82
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Here you can see the scaffolding and crane being used for the refurb

A sneak peak of what is happening at Splash Mountain

GF rolls from LTT

Pot Roast from LTT

Turkey Dinner from LTT

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #83
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Aw...I got a little pang in my heart at that pic of the Polynesian! Great pictures Melissa and thanks for sharing your trip with us!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #84
babyberger
DIS Veteran

The best GF pizza the kids have had yet (besides the homemade one I make). It is the OMG brand one and they LOVED it!

Here is my Italian sandwich from Pizzafari. Another old stand by in Disney when you just can't stomach another burger

DS and DD ready for Frankenweenie

DD playing with glow necklaces everyone was given

The movie was paused for Wishes at the MK, so we turned around for this

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #85
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Then there was the all exciting trip to the garden wing for laundry, lol!

I actually brought my own detergent pods and dryer sheets because I figured $4 aloud for wash and dry was ridiculous enough

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #86
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Wookie and Jeanette - I love RnRc but the kids haven't wanted to brave it so its been years since I have been on.

Janet - DS LOVED ToT, but DD, not so much I still can't figure out why I never went on before as I am a total thrill seeker when it come to rides. DH said he thinks I was either pregnant or had little kids and just never made it on. I am glad Magic and Linda took you on again

Jeanette - I am starting to feel the same way with sleep but it isn't even because I'm working, I just can't sleep

Miss - those were donuts and a cupcake from Babycakes, kiddos love them!!! LOL on TT and riding in mommy's car. It made DD sick a few years back so she doesn't want to go back on and DH told her they go a lot faster on his car oh and we love the walkway to MK, so much better than taking the monorail and having to stop at TTC, Poly and GF before finally arriving at MK. But coming from MK we hop on the monorail as CR is the first stop.

KOOK - I have definitely gotten some dirty looks (mostly from DH) about the food pics, lol! We saw the steak in LI advertised but weren't brave enough to try it.

I liked the new TT, maybe because DS was so excited about it. I didn't really mind the changes but I know some people are very disappointed.

As for the Kuerig, I had to replace my home one twice already (but never out of pocket) but knock on wood we don't have a problem with the travel one. But DH did manage to overflow it this morning.

Okay I'm stopping here, everyone is sound alseep and I'm getting tired so better head to bed.

Goodnight everyone and thank you for joining me on my trip

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #87
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Wookie and Jeanette - I love RnRc but the kids haven't wanted to brave it so its been years since I have been on.

Goodnight everyone and thank you for joining me on my trip

The DH has done RnRc the past two trips with the oldest DS, but he has said he won't ride it again with the DH. I'll try it this next trip. The DSs can go through the line with us and then take the "chicken exit" to the gift shop.

LTT looked amazing!! We went there this last trip, but due to a yelling match with a British woman while we were waiting, we didn't enjoy our meal.

You pics from the balcony have me wondering if I should switch back to CR TPV, but then the DSs are so attached to the idea of SAB already.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #88
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

The DH has done RnRc the past two trips with the oldest DS, but he has said he won't ride it again with the DH. I'll try it this next trip. The DSs can go through the line with us and then take the "chicken exit" to the gift shop.

LTT looked amazing!! We went there this last trip, but due to a yelling match with a British woman while we were waiting, we didn't enjoy our meal.

You pics from the balcony have me wondering if I should switch back to CR TPV, but then the DSs are so attached to the idea of SAB already.
I am sorry you didn't have a good meal at LTT, it is truly one if our favorites!!!

We really did enjoy SAB but I am learning my kids would really rather be in the parks. DD asked one afternoon about swimming and just haven't made time yet, maybe today.

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #89
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Well it's almost 8:15am and my crew hasn't even started to stir. I on the other hand have showered and even put on makeup. I'll wait to blow dry my hair until they start to wake up.

I feel badly that we haven't done anymore homework than that one morning, I getting mommy guilt I need to try to carve out time but with everyone sleeping in and then wanting to do so much it's hard.

We haven't even made time for the pool yet, YIKES!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #90
babyberger
DIS Veteran

After much deliberation and compromise, we finally landed at The Wave for breakfast. Contempo Cafe was a zoo and DS took one look and said no way!!!

I think the kids want to head back to AK after breakfast then make our way to DHS so DD and I can catch a Beauty and the Beast show. Then we all agrees after dinner we need to get some homework done. MK is open til midnight so maybe we'll make it a late night there after homework.

My Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: