Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
Calimum
Earning My Ears

Fantasy hot tub question

Hi all...so it looks as though the hot tubs on the Fantasy are part of the adult only cove area...but I have seen pictures and videos of kids in them...are they adults only or for everyone? Thank you!
Calimum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

There is 1 hot tub in the adults only area, and 1 in the family area.

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

if you click on this link you will be able to see a slide shows that shows several photos of the hot tubs.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...iet-cove-pool/
the hot tubs are very large and are actually two tubs sort of put together. they over look the ocean. there is one in the cove café area (adults only) and the same size one in the family area. I have never seen the to crowded. I have heard that the one in the family area can sometimes become a pool for the kids as they like to splash about in it but I don't use it so can't say for sure.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Kids aren't allowed to be in the Quiet Cove area, unless they are walking through to or from the stairs/elevator area. If there are kids who try to use the hot tub, a cast member will direct them to leave.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
Calimum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
if you click on this link you will be able to see a slide shows that shows several photos of the hot tubs.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...iet-cove-pool/
the hot tubs are very large and are actually two tubs sort of put together. they over look the ocean. there is one in the cove café area (adults only) and the same size one in the family area. I have never seen the to crowded. I have heard that the one in the family area can sometimes become a pool for the kids as they like to splash about in it but I don't use it so can't say for sure.
I didn't know there were two different ones...that explains it! Thank you!
Calimum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002
There is 1 hot tub in the adults only area, and 1 in the family area.
A sub thread, why are the hot tubs not hot...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Moxin
Mouseketeer

Yeah, they're really not "hot", and the bubbles are weak...I really miss the hottubs on the Magic/Wonder. These are like...I don't know...lukewarm tubs. The covered ones on the Magic were awesome; especially the ones by the main deck, where you could sit and watch the funnelvision movies!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
A sub thread, why are the hot tubs not hot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
Yeah, they're really not "hot", and the bubbles are weak...I really miss the hottubs on the Magic/Wonder. These are like...I don't know...lukewarm tubs. The covered ones on the Magic were awesome; especially the ones by the main deck, where you could sit and watch the funnelvision movies!
Probably because people complain they are too hot for their kids, which some people question where or not kids should be in them in the first place.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan

Probably because people complain they are too hot for their kids, which some people question where or not kids should be in them in the first place.
Doubt it. On carn, it was barely warm enough to get in. Once I was in for an hr, I was cold. It took me half an hour to get up the courage to get out because it was colder and windy on deck... I ran to my cabin...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #10
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Doubt it. On carn, it was barely warm enough to get in. Once I was in for an hr, I was cold. It took me half an hour to get up the courage to get out because it was colder and windy on deck... I ran to my cabin...
I only said that as someone on the current thread about kids in hot tubs said they were at a hotel and someone asked for them to turn it down because it was too hot for their kids. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104905

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"hot tub", fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: