Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Lots of Food and some Whine Festival: A 3 generational trip report Oct 2012

Hi ya Folks! and welcome to my Trip Report.

This trip was a bit unexpected as we had planned to return a few years from now. My parents really wanted to spend their 35th Wedding Anniversary touring the world and who was I to say no to that. So in January 2012 we began the planning. This trip was our longest visit to the world and one of our best trips too!

So lets meet the cast!

Me: Lindsay (34) I am a full time Mom and a full time Manager at a pediatric practice. Lets just say that I am a busy bee. In my spare time I love planning disney trips even if there not really going to happen. I have been on the Dis for many years. Ive met some wonderful friends on the W.I.S.H boards. They inspired me to get healthy and so what better way then to train for a half marathon. I made a long weekend girls only trip with my mom and aunt in 2011 and completed the princess half marathon. It was and will always be one of my favorite trips.

disney 2011 252 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

DH- Mike (34) He is a full time Dad and a full time Day Care Director. He also is taking classes and almost finished with his Bachelors Degree, Football Coach, and a board member of our youth football organization. Needless to say he is a busy bee too. He loves disney and gets more excited about each trip although he has yet to admit he is addicted like me. He is more than happy to let me do the planning and usually enjoys all the hard work I put into it.

I could not find a picture of him alone so he were are together

Untitled by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

DGM- Michele aka Meemaw (50 something)- My mom is a full time secretary at a High School. She loves crafting and sewing and spoiling her grandkids. She is my best friend now although I would not have said that when I was younger. She loves disney trips and is the happiest when shes there. She is not a planner like me and gets annoyed that we have to choose where to eat 6 mths in advance. She usually goes along with all my plans.

DGF- David aka Pop Pop (50 something) My dad is a full time carpenter and works for the same school district as my mom in the maintence dept. Its a perfect job for his age. He is the kindest most unselfish soul you will ever meet. He always puts others before himself. When you need help you can always count on my dad. He loves his grandkids to pieces and was so happy to take them to Disney and see their faces light up. He is where I get my planning skills from. My dad was always ready to listen and discuss my plans.

Here they are on the magical express:

disney 2012 008 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Now for the stars of the show:

DS8- Ryan is a very energetic sports loving manly boy. He loves Disney trips and is a mini me when it comes to planning. He always needs to know what and when we are doing something. He has a major passion for Football and was so sad to miss 2 of his games while we were gone.

Here he is with the championship trophy his team won a few weeks after we got home.

DS5- Nick is the total opposite of his brother. He is a laid back cute and cuddly little guy. The only interest Nick has in sports is to sit on the sidelines and watch. He loves to cook, dance, and play barbies with his female cousins. Dont let that fool you though. He is little and kind hearted but he can put his bother in a headlock if needed.

Here he is on his first day of Kindergarten.

So now you want the details, Right?

Well we thought it would be great to celebrate both of our wedding anniversaries and use columbus day as an extra day off from school for the boys so we went:

OCTOBER 5, 2012- OCTOBER 13, 2012

CARRIBEAN BEACH RESORT- PIRATE ROOM FOR US AND PREFFERED ROOM FOR MY PARENTS.

with DELUXE DINING!!!!!!

Up next: Lets get to the fun stuff!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

We begin this journey on Wednesday October 3, 2012 with me working like crazy to get everything done at work so I can leave with a peace of mind that all will be fine. My job sometimes makes this a really difficult task. It never felt so good to leave that place at 5pm! Not only because I was off for the next 11 days but because I was meeting my mom to go get our pedicures.

It was a great way to relax before our trip and I got a little magic on my toes to get in the spirit of our trip. Pardon the site of my foot but here is my touch of disney.

After the relaxing pedicure I rushed home to do my packing. We usually do not wait until the last minute but with Ryans football practice schedule and school commitments we really do not have much spare time during the fall.

I stayed up until 1am to get everything done. I had off the next day but I had a long list of things to do.

I woke up on Thursday October 4 with a huge smile on my face. The kids were bouncing off the walls and I could only imagine what school would be like for them during the day. Now I know why people surprise their kids. Next time if the trip is during the school year that may be a requirement.

So I showered and made the kids breakfast and began my long list of chores for the day:

Take Ryan to school
Pay the water bill at City Hall
Return Library books
Go to the store for some last minute items
Take Nick to school (afternoon kindergarten)
Take the dog to my inlaws
Stop for lunch
Clean up the house
Make the pirate bags for the kids surprises
Pack the car
Pick up the kids from school

So that kept me busy and kept my excitement under control. I was never so excited to pick them up from school.

Since we were staying in the pirate rooms at CBR we made it a theme of our trip. We got the kids cool pirate backpacks and filled it with a bunch of goodies. pirate notebooks, stickers, snacks, pirate pajamas for the trip, pirate swim suits, and pirate flip flops. I had them waiting for when they got home with a note from Mickey saying there pirate adventure was about to begin. I know I took pics of this but can not find them anywhere.

Here they are wearing them and wheeling their suitcases to the car. We were leaving to head to philadelphia where we planned to stay overnight at the Wyndham Gardens to use their park and fly option.

disney 2012 001 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We stopped for dinner at a pizza place and thats where we met up with my parents. The kids were so excited they were talking our ears off. There is something about the excitement that fills the air right before you leave for a big trip. I just wish I could bottle it up.

Here they are waiting for Pizza.

disney 2012 002 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We finished up dinner and headed out to the cars. The kids wanted to ride with Memaw and Pop Pop and we didnt argue that. Mike and I enjoyed a peaceful car ride to our hotel. It took about 90 minutes to get there due to some navigational issues since the bridge we were suppose to cross was closed. We arrived and parked our car. We checked in and took our overnight bags to the rooms. The kids were thrilled with the hotel room. You can tell we dont travel much. It was only 7pm and we didnt feel like just sitting in the room so we walked next door to the Denny's. We just had drinks and the kids had icecream. We then went back to the room and got the kids washed up and to bed. It would be an early morning adventure the next day.

Up Next: Departure day......will it go off without a hitch????????
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
mikamah
DIS Veteran

whoo hoo!! Off to a great start, and I can't wait to follow along! Love the pedicure. The title is awesome!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
Old 01-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Day 1- Departure!!!

We woke up bright and early to get ready and catch the shuttle to the airport at 530am. We were packed into that van like sardines but it is so much nicer than having to park at the airport. We arrived at the philly airport in a few minutes and were dropped off right outside the airtran curbside check in. We waited in line for about 15 minutes but checking in our luggage was easy and we were off to get through security.

The night before my dad was bragging how he is going to make sure he has nothing on him to set off the alarms. The last time he had flown he had a rough time getting through and said it was embarrising. Im telling you this because there will be more to the story as the trip report goes on.

As we left the checkin area I was commenting how quickly it went and that we are going to have so much time to wait at our gate. That thought was quickly nixed when we got to the top of the elevator and saw the line for security. Oh my gosh I am not over exagerating when I say there had to have been 500 people waiting. I never saw anything like it. We kept walking and walking and walking until we got to the end. My mom gets so anxious to go through security....to this day I have no reason why. Its not like she carrys anything illegal. Anyway we find our spot in line and start to panic a little if we will get through in time and if we will even have time for breakfast. Then a worker calls me over and tells me to step aside and have my family join me. She doesnt say why. Then tells us and another couple and their kids to follow her. I wish I could have video taped the look on my moms face. She almost had a panic attack. We walk a long way past all the people waiting and she shows us to a line titled "family". Wow the first magic of our trip. There was only 2 families in front of us. We begin to prompt the kids to take off their shoes and then realized they dont have to do that under 12. Then nick started crying......he was afraid someone was going to take him when he went through security. Im pretty sure my mom being worked up just was rubbing off. We told him all would be fine and it was. We walked through without any hold ups and grabbed our things. We started to walk when we heard my dad yell wait. He was on his 3rd try getting through the detectors. Yep that guy who was just telling us the night before that he was checking everything. The goofball forgot to take his belt off and the metal buckle was setting off the detector. It gave us a good laugh but Nick didnt find it funny. He thought the cops were going to take his pop pop. Poor kid.

Ok so we made it through and had plenty of time to get a nutritional breakfast at mcdonalds. Here we are all ready to go.

Disney 2012 001 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

It wasnt that long after we finished that they began boarding. We were towards the front of the plane so we were the last to board but thanks to my stragetic seating we also would be the first off.

The flight was smooth and the kids behaved themselves. Of course no one took a nap but who can sleep when your on the way to Disney. Another magical moment was when we saw a rainbow as we were flying above the clouds. I knew this would be a great trip from that point on.

We landed!!!!!!

disney 2012 003 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

disney 2012 005 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We had a quick pit stop at the potties and we raced to ME. Of course we have to take the traditional monorail pics.

disney 2012 006 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

This was my parents first go at using magical express to take our checked luggage. My dad must have asked me 5 times if I was sure we didnt have to get our bags.

We were on the bus within 15 minutes.

disney 2012 007 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We first went to POP, then Art of Animation, and then finally CBR. I felt like that ride took forever but really I was just anxious to get our trip in gear. We arrived at CBR around 11:30am right on my schedule. We had done online check in so we didnt have to wait in the line. It worked out great. My parents room was ready but ours was not. We also picked up our Mickeys Backyard BBQ tickets for later in the week and got information for the transportation for Mike and My dads golfing day.

It was only a short wait for the internal bus and my mom was irritated because she didnt get enough time to finish her cigarette. I am not a smoker and find it gross so it didnt bother me. We stopped and dropped our carry ons at my parents room and the kids checked out their digs. We then headed to the food court because all this traveling made us hungry.

My parents paid for the preferred room but asked to be in North Trinidad since we were staying at the pirate room in south trinidad. Let me tell you it was a waste of their money. The walk wasnt really that close to the food court. Im sure it had to do with our request but still.

It took us a few minutes to explain the dining plan to my parents as this was their first time using it. We picked simple food burgers and grilled chicken salads. The best part was my little cheesecake. That became my favorite treat that trip. I sometimes still think about that cheesecake now that Im home.

We were just finishing up our meal when I got the text that our room was ready.

We headed there to check it out and at that point realized how long the walk really was. We anticipated that since we did our research but the walk got pretty old as our trip went on.

We opened the door to our room and here is what we found:

disney 2012 015 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

It confused us because nicks birthday was in April but anyway it excited the kids. So they decided they were celebrating their birthdays while we were there too.

Our room was pretty cool. Amazing all the details that disney thought of with these rooms. I do have to say the novelty wore off after the first night or two but it was worth seeing the kids faces light up when they saw it.

disney 2012 009 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Up next: First day/night spent at Epcot! Future world and dinner at Cape May Buffet with a very unexpected twist.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Day 1- An afternoon at epcot with Dinner at our favorite buffet.

So we were all ready and raring to go have some fun. The day was beautiful. It was low 80's and sunny. It was a beautiful day. We all still had smiles on our faces.....dont ya love the first day when everyone is still happy, riding off adrenaline, and not annoyed by anything or anyone yet.

We loaded up for our first of many bus rides of the trip.

disney 2012 010 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

and shortly arrived at Epcot. The kids were so excited to see the "golfball".

Disney 2012 003 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

It was a little crowded but we expected that since it was columbus day weekend. We checked wait times for Soarin and it was something like 90 minutes. We decided to try to get all the other rides done and hit up soarin another day.

Our first ride of the trip was Spaceship Earth. Although it took us convincing nick that it wasnt scary.

Nick and I rode together. He liked it and especially enjoyed the fun video at the end. Here we are having cereal.

disney 2012 011 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Ryan especially liked seeing his picture on the big earth at the end. My mom and dad didnt realize they were suppose to do anything to the screen so they didnt get to have the extra fun.

As we left SE we ran into some familiar friends.

Disney 2012 007 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Nick would not go anywhere near them and this my friends is where the whining began.

Next up was Nemo and after some tears and whining by nick we managed to get in line. No matter how old you are you have to love this ride and even if you dont its a great place to cool off and relax your feet.

After nemo we checked out the aquarium fish and almost lost our kids while we were there.

Disney 2012 008 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr
Well I dont think they will be getting the actor of the year awards anytime soon. It was a good thing that Bruce was feeling generous that day because he spit them out and let them continue on their trip.

We were first in line to see crush. We had a 15 min wait where we were blessed with more whining. Mostly nicholas whining about turtle talk being scary.

The kids got front row seats on the floor which ryan thought was super cool. Nick sat there to which surprised me but once crush came out and was searching for a volunteer nick came running back to us.

Disney 2012 010 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

He called on this little girl who just kept talking about everything and anyting she could think of. It was so hilarious and crush really played along and used her as part of the jokes. It was so funny I seriously was crying from laughing so hard. That was the best turtle talk I have been in yet.

We excited the seas and I mentioned how I thought it was looking a little dark and cloudy but we didnt give it much thought. I said we should do 1 or 2 rides yet and then make our way across epcot and over to the Beach Club for dinner.

We decided to do Figment. This is such a classic and will always be a favorite of mine.

One little spark of inspiration....Is at the heart of all creation....Its at the start of everything thats new....One little spark, lights up for you....Imagination... Imagination.....a dream can be, a dream come true. With just that spark, and me and you!

We spent some time playing around and imagining.

Disney 2012 011 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

After all that fun we decided to make our way over to dinner when we were thrown the unexpected twist Duh, Duh, Dummmmmm!

Yes it was black outside and downpouring.

My wonderful dh that he is said we should wait it out in the play area and just skip our dinner reservation. Ummmm nope not an option.
So instead we paid over 50$ for 6 disney ponchos and headed out into the rain running like nuts. We only made it as far as the big gift shop when it was thundering and lightning so bad that we had to take cover. We only were outside for seconds and our sneakers were soaked. We were a wet mess. The kids were crying and whining. You would have thought that right there would have been enough for me to just give up. But nope, the rain started to slow and by slow I mean it was still pouring but the thunder stopped for a moment. We ran with my dh cursing me, and my kids crying and being drug along by their arms. We made it all the way to a bathroom in one of the countries. We took cover once again to refrain from being struck by lightning. We finally made it down to beach club. We were soaked. In regular disney fashion they had a box of warm towels in the lobby for us to dry off. I took the kids to the bathroom and did the best I could. We were late for our reservation at Cape May Buffet but they seated us immediately.

The dinner was good and service was great but the food was not as outstanding as I remember it being the last 2 times we were there. It could have been because I was soaked and cold and feeling pretty gross too.

I think the kids were starting to get over tired. I know this because they were past the point of being whiny and now they moved onto being goofy. I have to say I enjoy this more than the whining.

Disney 2012 012 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

One thing I love about cape may is there delicious choices of dessert.

Disney 2012 013 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

and they werent just pretty they were tasty too!

The waitress also came out and announced to the whole dining area that we were celebrating our anniversaries. She blew bubbles at us as they delivered both my parents and my dh and I a special dessert.

Disney 2012 014 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

It was very sweet and really brightened us up after our run in with the weather.

We finished up and walked back to epcot. It was back to being sunny and warm out...go figure.

Even though our feet were so wrinkled it hurt we decided that we couldnt leave without trying a drink at one of the Food and Wine Kiosks. We decided on Hawaii since it was on our way to the entrance. We all tried the Big Wave Golden Ale. Of course we got the souvenior cups.

This is one of my favorite pics of the trip.

Disney 2012 015 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We did some shopping at the gift shop. The kids got a pirate set which was perfect because that night they turned themselves into pirates and they had the perfect room to set up there adventure.

On our way out we stopped at club cool to try some soda's. The kids loved this!

disney 2012 014 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Well they loved it until they tried the Beverly.

disney 2012 013 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

disney 2012 012 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We took the bus back to our room. I got everything organized and settled in our room. We took showers and the kids played. It was a really great first day. We were just hoping that they daily chance of showers that the weather channel was calling for wouldnt put a damper on our plans.

Favorite part of the day:
Ryan- Turtle Talk
Nick- Spaceship Earth
Lindsay- Eating Cheesecake
Mike- The beer
Pop Pop- Turtle Talk
meemaw- Cape May Buffet

Up Next: Day 2- Going Nonstop from open to close at DHS

Last edited by mommyof2Pirates; 01-19-2013 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old 01-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
jenniferreich
Mouseketeer

Wonderful report!

Hi Lindsay! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip report! I'm enjoying it very much! Great job! I look forward to hearing how the rest of your trip went! We have 10 months and counting to our next one! Jennifer
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
mikamah
DIS Veteran

love the boys beverly faces! And the race in the rain. A rainy day in disney is surely better than a sunny day anywhere else. GLad the whine turned to goof, and you enjoyed the your dinner. The desserts looked devine. I am so ready to go back.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
Hi Lindsay! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip report! I'm enjoying it very much! Great job! I look forward to hearing how the rest of your trip went! We have 10 months and counting to our next one! Jennifer
Thanks Jennifer. How exciting that your next trip is 10 months away. That will get here before you know it. I love going in the fall in my opinion it is one of the best times to visit Disney.

Kathy thanks for commenting and ready along!

Now that I officially have 2 readers I guess I should move this report along. Grab your or an adult another installment is coming your way.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Day two of many "firsts" for everyone!

Day 2 October 6, 2012 started bright and early for us. Of course on the 2nd day this is never an issue because we are all up, bright eyed and raring to go see and do everything we have been dreaming about.

We woke up at 630am yawned and streched and headed out of our room at 645 to take the long walk to the food court. It was a beautiful morning and we could already feel the heat and humidity.

Breakfast was a bit of confusion because my parents were still figuring out how the dining plan worked and they were choosing snack items but wanted to use a meal. We figured it out for them and kept them happy. The kids were bouncing with excitement so I think we all ended up scarfing down our food. See dont they look thrilled.

disney 2012 016 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We made it to the bus stop earlier than planned which was probably the last time that happened this trip. We only waited 5 min and the bus for DHS came. We had some extra time before rope drop so we had potty breaks and people watched a bit. We got in line and we were towards the front which was my plan. I told my parents that they should stay back with the kids and meet us behind the hat. My mom looked at me like I was crazy but I told her to just go with the plan. Mike and I of course had planned to run with the bulls....I mean the people to TSM for fast passes. The rope dropped and we were off. Mike is a much faster runner and was running way to fast for me....I handed off our tickets and pointed him in the right direction. He took off and ignored the cast member telling him and the 20 other people to walk. I met up with him a few minutes later still breathing fast.

disney 2012 018 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

and this is what he got!

disney 2012 019 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

and he says he doesnt love Disney he just goes because I love it. Yep uh huh, ok.

meanwhile our other members of our family were taking the leisurely rope drop approach.

Disney 2012 017 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We found them in the character area with Nick having a panic attack because he is so afraid of the characters. Ryan however loved them this trip so my mom stayed a far with Nick and they watched as we all had some fun.

Disney 2012 019 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Disney 2012 021 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Disney 2012 025 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

After our hollywood photo shoot we headed over to the StarWars ride which is by far dh's favorite thing to do. He was so thrilled to see the new updates (but again he just tolerates disney because I love it right.) Nick whined because he was too scared to ride but I convinced him to try it. Im glad we did because he loved it and so did Ryan. Last time Ryan rode it but really didnt keep his glasses on or his eyes open. We all came off the ride with a smile but I cant say thats how we walked out of the gift shop. Of course the kids money was burning a hole in their pockets and they wanted just about 1 of everything. Our rule was to see what was in the park and after dinner we would have some time to shop. They listened but Im not sure they were really happy about it.

Up next was one of my favorites and a first for my Mom and Dad. Yep you guessed it. Time to use those fast passes Baby!!!!!

Disney 2012 029 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

disney 2012 020 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Ready for their First Ride together.

disney 2012 021 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Nick and I rode together. Im sure we could have done better.

disney 2012 022 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

That ride is just soooo much fun!

After that we did the studio backlot tour. Its been awhile since we all were on that and it was the kids first ride. It was just how I remembered it. The kids liked it except for the mountain/train scene with the fire and water.

After the tour we stumbled upon a few friends that we have not had a chance to meet before. Nick would not even stand off in the distance and watch this time...

Disney 2012 031 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We had about an hour to our lunch ADR so we checked the disney APP to see what the wait time was for Rock and Roller Coaster. It said 10 min. I though that may have been wrong but we headed across the park to see. Ryan had been talking for months about riding it. He is such a chicken so we thought for sure he was going to back out. We got to the ride and it said 20 min wait but still that was good. My dad, Mike, and Ryan got in line. I was still pretty sure Ryan would end up back with me a few minutes later. My mom, Nick, and I just rested our legs and waited.

Here they are in line almost ready to go in.....He's not smiling but he's still in line

Disney 2012 026 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

UP NEXT: Did he do it????? and our most favorite meal of the trip!

Last edited by mommyof2Pirates; 01-26-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #10
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

After we saw them go indoors we went into the gift shop and hung out by the exit to the ride. I felt like we were standing there forever. I was just about to walk back outside looking for them because I thought maybe he backed out. Then I heard Ryan. Yep he did it and he came off that ride with the biggest grin. I was so proud of him for doing it. He didnt want to ride it a second time but he is adament that he will do it again on our next trip.

Here is their picture. He looks a bit frightened if you ask me.

He was just so proud of himself

Nick got in on the fun a bit too.

We still had a little bit of time before we needed to head to lunch. We found Phineus and Ferb and Ryan had been dying to get pics with them. The wait was 30 minutes. I tried to talk him out of it but he wanted to wait. I knew this would be cutting it really close to our reservations but we got in line anyway. By this point of the day it was getting really warm out. I was sweating bullets and starting to get hungry. Nick was into total meltdown mode too. The line seemed to move at snail speed. Phineus and Ferb spent a lot of time with each kid which is nice but not when you are the person waiting in line. Ryan was 2 people away from it being his turn when our ADR time had arrived. I sent my parents to check us in because at this point we werent getting out of line. Ryan had an awesome experience with these guys. They loved that he had them on his shirt. They were giving him high fives and fist bumps. Then they fought over who his favorite was.

Disney 2012 038 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

He really enjoyed meeting them and I love this picture.

Disney 2012 042 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We then rushed to our lunch spot. We were hot and hungry and so ready for a break.

We joined our group at 50's Prime Time Cafe. My parents and I had eaten here in 1998 and loved it so I was excited for Mike and the Kids to get the experience.

I just love the details and atmosphere in this resturaunt.

Disney 2012 043 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We were seated quickly and our waitress name was Patty and she was excellent.

She sat down and told us what we could order with deluxe dining. Then she reminded the boys to use their manners or else they would be doing the dishes. She also told them they could order milkshakes before there meal so obviously she was a huge hit with them.

disney 2012 028 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

She came back to get our order and called us by our new names:

Mama (me) I got app: lettuce wedge w blue cheese and entree: fried chicken (yep everything is calorie free in disney right???)

disney 2012 031 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

It was so good!

disney 2012 034 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

This was mouth watering delicious.

Aunt Betty (meemaw): app Onion Rings and Entree: Chicken Cesar Salad

disney 2012 029 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

These get 5 stars for the presentation and they are definitely as good as they look.

disney 2012 033 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

and

Daddy-O and Happy Pappy both got App: Fried Cheese filled with ??? (cant remember exactly what it was filled with) and Entree: Pot Roast.

disney 2012 030 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

They said it was good but not stellar.

But they both agreed the Pot Roast was to die for.

disney 2012 032 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Scooter (Ryan) and Skippy (Nick) got the usual chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.

While we were waiting for our food the kids were getting restless so they started chanting "we want food" we want food". Well Patty saw this and really gave it to them. She told their "cousins" sitting at the other table how poor their manners were and threatened them that they may be taking the garbage out later. The kids thought she was hysterical. She really played the part so well.

Disney 2012 046 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Most of us made happy plates except for Aunt Betty. Of course she had to get picked on. The waitress told her to take one more bite. My mom said she just couldnt so she said well then Im gonna make you. Here is her "one" more bite.

disney 2012 035 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We were hysterical. Then Patty announced to the entire kitchen that Aunt Betty was being a sassy pants. Everyone had to put up 2 fingers in the air and yell shame on you miss sassy pants. It was so funny. The kids were laughing so hard they were crying.

Patty gave us the ok for dessert. I just wish I had more room to really enjoy it. Mike and my dad had sundaes. My mom had the apple crisp and I got the smores. The kids each got their decorate your own ice cream.

disney 2012 039 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

disney 2012 038 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

disney 2012 036 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

disney 2012 037 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

This was by far our most favorite place to eat this trip. We had such a great time and the food was so delicous. We left stuffed and happy and ready to have some more fun.

Disney 2012 048 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Nick wanted me to make sure I mentioned how cool the kid size sinks are too. He even loved the bathroom.

disney 2012 040 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Up Next: An afternoon of fun and would the forecasted storms wreck havoc on our evening yet again?????
Old 01-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #11
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

After our fun filled lunch. We headed to see the Indiana Jones show. This is definitely not a first for anymore but its one of those dont miss classics. Nick really loved the show and still plays "Indiana Jones" at home. We also came home with 2 snakes from the gift shop.

We stopped back at Star tours but there was a long wait and quite frankly I was relieved because Im not sure I can tolerate that with an over full stomach. We did however go back in the gift shop and the kids made their own action figure. That is a pretty cool addition. Much easier to fit in the suitcase than the double lightsaber.

disney 2012 042 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We also took some time to get some fun pics.

Disney 2012 077 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Disney 2012 076 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Here is the "Im stuck in Jail" pose....acting Im sure wont be in there future.

Disney 2012 075 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

On our way to LMA we saw some more favorites.

disney 2012 025 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We walked into LMA just as it was getting started and we had to walk all the way to the top. Yikes that is a long way up and it was really hot out. At least we worked off some of those lunch time calories. We had seen the show before but my parents did not. They thought it was cool and we liked seeing the new star this time, Lightning Mcqueen! I think I can do without this next time though.

My dad captured a pretty cool pic.

Disney 2012 072 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We had a little bit of time before the parade started so we took a leisurely walk through the streets.

disney 2012 044 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

disney 2012 045 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

this always gives us a chuckle.

Disney 2012 081 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We were going to do Muppets 3D but Nick started freaking out because he was scared. We just couldnt get him to understand that it wasnt scary. Ryan started crying too. Who knows why. Maybe out of sympathy for his brother. It was getting to that point of the day. We decided to grab a parade spot. The kids got popcorn. Nick was whining all day that the only thing he wanted to do was buy a duffy bear. So we finally took him to get one. That made him happy.

The parade started on time and we had a great spot right in front of the hat. It was cool and the kids loved it. Sorry we have no pics this time. We just sat back and enjoyed the show.

After the parade we traumatized the kids by taking them in The Great Movie Ride. I thought they would be old enough if we prepared them for the 1st scene. They did ok but it was not one of their favorites.

As we came out the skies were dark. We had about an hour until our 430 ADR for Hollywood and Vine buffet as the VIP fantasmic package. None of us had ever seen Fantasmic so I was really hoping the rain would not ruin our chances.

We headed towards the Animation building to see some characters and prevent us from being stuck in the storm. On our way we saw an old favorite. I have to admit I miss the days of the Disney Junior shows.
Ryan had gone up for a picture and Handy Manny pointed to Nick and motioned for him to come over. Nick just stood there with his book so Manny came over to him. I was impressed that Nick didnt go running. He wouldnt stand for a picture but at least we captured this one.

Disney 2012 085 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Right after we were finished it started to rain. We got into the Animation building just in time. Ryan was so excited to see these guys.

Disney 2012 097 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

and Nick even had the courage still in him to get an autograph.

Disney 2012 096 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We then waited in the very very long line to see Sorcerer Mickey. We werent in a hurry so it was no big deal. Nick started crying in line and was clung to my leg. Apparently Sorcerer Mickey is so much scarier than Mr Incredible. We managed a nice family photo.

Disney 2012 100 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We were happy to see that the rain had stopped and the sunshine was back. It was time for dinner even though none of us were really hungry. We did manage to stuff ourselves some more. Hollywood and Vine Dinner Buffet had plenty of choices and the food was really good. However, the service was sub par. It took forever to get drink refills and our check.

We decided to walk through the shops and let our food settle. We made our way over to the Fantasmic VIP area about 1hr prior to the show. TOT was only a 5 min wait and Mike wanted to go on. I didnt realize he never rode it before so how could I say no right. So Mike, Dad, and I went on. Ryan and Nick wanted no part of it. It was fun and Mike thought it was an awesome ride. Still is not one of my favorites though.

We got into Fantasmic with only 20 minutes to spare. We had great seats and really enjoyed the entertainment while we waited. They had a sing a long and picked people to finish the songs. If they got it correct they got a prize. The kids talked Pop Pop into buying light up toys.

disney 2012 046 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

What an amazing show. I think I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. We all loved it!

Afterwards it was like hearding cow out of the park. We stopped to take a photopass pic in front of the hat but unfortunatly someone lost that photopass. Im thinking it was me but dont tell anyone.

Thankfully we must of just missed the bus to CBR. I was more than happy to wait the 20 minutes to assure that I had a seat. My feet were killing me. We got back to our resort and although it was against my better judgement we let the kids go swimming. I thought they should have just gone to bed but yeah well its vacation. I let Mike take the kids into the pool and I spent a few minutes soaking in the hot tub. We didnt stay long and before you know it we were in back to our room, in bed, and fast asleep.

We had a wonderful day and it makes me smile just reliving the memories.

Favorite of the day:

Lindsay- Fantasmic
Mike- TOT
Dad- Fantasmic
Mom- Fantasmic
Ryan- Rock and Roller Coaster
Nick- Star tours

and we all agree that 50's Prime Time Cafe was our Favorite Meal of the Trip!

Up Next: Magic Kingdom....will we make our first Rope Drop???????
Old 01-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Awesome installments!!

We love DHS, and 50s prime time is one of our favorites too. We have always had so much fun goofing with the waiters, and been very lucky with the interaction.

Love the family photo with Mickey. And apparently Sorcerer mickey is more scary than Mr. Incredible. Sweet little Nick. So cute. I bet he won't be able to get enough of the characters on your next trip.

You are so good to actually do the trip report, rather than just think about it, like I do. lol. You'll always treasure having it all written down.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Wow, Lindsay!

I am so glad I found your TR! I'm loving it, so much fun to see all the photos!

Maria

Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Thanks Ladies. I am really enjoying writing this report and Kathy your right it will be so great to look back and read about all our wonderful memories. Ok here comes some more.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Day 3: A Magic Kindgdom Morning.

The one thing I looked forward to for months prior to this trip was seeing MK rope drop for the first time.

Today was the day

I made sure everyone was up and to the bus stop by 8am because the park was opening at 9am. I wanted to make sure we made it there in plenty of time. Luckily we are all early birds

disney 2012 047 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Our bus to MK came in minutes. We had been so lucky so far with Transportation.

As we drove past the MK entrance sign my mom noticed it said the park had EMH at 8am today. I thought for sure that was a mistake. Sure enough though as we pulled up the park was open.....I missed rope drop....NOOOOOOOOO

I learned my lesson to double check park hours the night before. I didnt frown for too long because in minutes I was looking at one of the best visions in the world.

disney 2012 050 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We noticed it said only a 5 min wait for Mickey so we thought we would get a quick pic. We entered the building and there was a pretty long line that was hardly moving. We waited for 10 minutes and decided to skip out. Our stomachs were grumbling so having breakfast got the vote at the moment....sorry Mickey. We settled for a pic with Goofy instead.

Disney 2012 121 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

and we did stop to see this lovely lady who offered me her nanny services. I told her we didnt need a nanny at the moment and she said it looked like we were doing a fine job ourselves.

Disney 2012 123 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

We planned another first for everyone which was breakfast at Main St bakery.

Disney 2012 124 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

My dad and I got breakfast sandwiches and everyone else went for the cinnamon rolls.

disney 2012 049 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

mmmmmm those are as good as they look.

It was a great way to start our day at MK. The kids were excited to get on some rides so we made our way down Main St USA toward Fantasyland.

disney 2012 048 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

The boyss had not stopped talking about the sword and the stone ever since I showed them a picture of a kid who was so lucky to pull it and have it move. They were determined this year to move that sword.

Disney 2012 125 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

Disney 2012 126 by mommyof2pirates, on Flickr

They tried really hard but no luck!

Up next: Will we ever get on some rides, Its already 1030am????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: