Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Marymom
Mouseketeer

Excursions without a parent?

We are a family of 6 and will be on the 3-day Dream next month. We want to go to Atlantis. My thought was to book a room at Comfort Inn for four of us and then meet up with the other 2 (my son 19 and daughter 17) at Atlantis and book the Disney Excursion for them. (It's not really cost effective to book an additional room) My question is, Will Disney allow my daughter to go on an excursion without a parent? or do we need to rearrange the groupings? Thanks.
Marymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Lucijoy
Earning My Ears

We had a similar situation. When our family was getting off the ship at Castaway Cay for the 5K, DS-17 was the first one. My husband had to scan his KTTW card before they would let DS off. We came back on board after the race and both DSs (17 and 22) were ready to go back on the island before DH. Remembering the first time around, I went with them just in case. I asked once we were all out and was told DS-17 could only leave with an adult assigned to the same stateroom, so he and DS-22 could have gotten off together. Minors (17 and under) can get back on the ship without an adult, just KTTW card.
Lucijoy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I believe a parent has to sign a waiver allowing a minor off the ship alone(maybe an adult sibling would be allowed?). I guess the question is whether DCL will allow the minor to attend an excursion with the adult sibling. Maybe see if it will allow you to book them on the excursion alone? Alternatively, could you flip the party around so one of the older kids is booked into the hotel room and one parent does the excursion?

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
tajz90
Mama D

Disney will allow a "child" off ship with another "adult", so a 17 yr old can get off the ship with a19 yr old.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

You can sign a waiver to allow kids under 18 off the ship without an adult in specific ports. The question would just be if they would be allowed to book the excursion without a parent. I would call DCL to find out what they say, though you could call two times and get two different answers. You will know for sure when you go to book the excursion probably.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: