Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #16
ali in wonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delliott86

Ali, I totally feel your pain. I can't wait for this trip. We are going to WDW after our cruise as well. I want to see the new Fantasy Land!!
We have reservations at Be Our Guest for dinner and I can't wait. We saw part of New Fantasyland last year when we visited WDW, and loved what we saw.
ali in wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #17
ali in wonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgardner
We are doing 5 nights at Disney World before the cruise also...I just couldn't be so close without stopping in! It's going to be hard to pack everything we want to do with only 5 nights - but we'll have the cruise to look forward to!
5 days before the cruise will be great. We have done many 5 day trips. They are truly exhausting because we always fit it all in. You will appreciate the cruise so much after running around the parks in the August heat and crowds.
ali in wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #18
Trbanse
Earning My Ears

This is our first cruise. Celebrating our 10 year Anniversary with our two boys (2 and 6)! Would like participate in a FE group!
Trbanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #19
MBandtheJs
Earning My Ears

Fe

I would like to start planning for the FE. Is anyone else interested in organizing it? If not, I'll learn how and set it up.
MBandtheJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
MBandtheJs
Earning My Ears

FISH EXTENDER on DREAM 4 Day Bahamas Cruise 8/11/13

Since nobody else has expressed interest in organizing the FE Group, I'm going to give it a try. I copied most of this information from other posts on the board. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm new to this but I'm going to try my best.

Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange Group. If you'd like to join, please post that here. Then for privacy, please e-mail me at jandmb-at-gmail-dot-com with only FE in the subject line (our trip is a surprise) and include the following information:

- DISboard username
- Cabin # (if you know it)
- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
- First names, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
- Any special cruise celebrations
- Any food allergies or sensitivities
- An email address for your family

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy and eBay. You can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each other’s extenders.

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

Our group will close Monday, June 3. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!

Guidelines for our fish extender:
1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.
2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruises leaving port on Sunday until Wednesday afternoon. This gives people time to pack their bags before we leave the ship on Thursday morning.

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:
1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number will be announced after our sign up deadline.
2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search on line other places.
3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away but if you attach it with a zip tie then it is not as likely to walk away.
4. Something to cut the zip tie when you're packing.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
GMaFlo
Earning My Ears

Fe

We are in! Email forthcoming.
GMaFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #22
MBandtheJs
Earning My Ears

FE Group

Obviously, our family wants to participate. Please make sure you post and email if you want to participate.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #23
Trbanse
Earning My Ears

Fe

We are in. Email coming soon. Thanks for organizing!
Trbanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #24
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

We are in too! E-mail will be coming!

I want to thank you for taking initiative to lead it - good for you! I'm a high stress (perfectionist type) person and because of this did not want to take the responsibility of leading it - I knew it would be too much for me, but if there is anything I can do to help you out, please let me know and I would be more than willing! You are greatly appreciated for taking the reigns!

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
MBandtheJs
Earning My Ears

Thank you

I'm a "Type A", too. Thanks for your offer to help. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #26
knan74
Kristin

Honeymooning!

Hey guys! We are honeymooning on the August 11th cruise.....2 week honeymoon- getting married August 10th, cruising til Thursday: USF, IOA, and SW Thurs thru Sunday and WDW Monday through Sunday! Shew
I haven't seen any other honeymooners yet. We aren't picky about much but we are DYING to be in Match your Mate....knowing our luck we will lose out to to a couple getting married that day!

We are going to decide on the fish extenders in the next few weeks...with us leaving directly from the wedding to PC, there may just be *too* many other details to have time to do it this time I'd love to meet some DISers though!
You'll def recognize our door. Don't know our room number...have a guaranteed navigator's verandah so may be changed once we get on....another reason why we may not do FE Hello, all!

UPDATED: Aug 11 & 15- Dream BTB w/Concierge Honeymoon!

1988, 1992, 1993, 1994- Offsite--- May 1996-Contemporary (Main) --- Feb 2003- Carribbean Beach- Jamaica (Universal Dance Association National Championship) ---Jul 2005- Offsite (20th Birthday- July 4th, 2005)--- Aug 2006- Contemporary- Garden Bldg--- May 2009- All-Star Sports---Jul 2011- All-Star Music--- Aug 2011- Port Orleans French Quarter--- Dec 2011- Old Key West---Aug 2013- 4 Night Bahamas-DCL Dream---Aug 2013- USF/IoA/SW--Aug 2013- Coronado Springs (Honeymoon!!!)

Disney Sister 24- CM/DCP- WDW-May 2011- Jan 2012
Disney Sister 23- CM/DCP- WDW-May 2011- Jan 2012---DLR- Aug 2012-Present
knan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #27
mindondisney
Mouseketeer

Subscribing

This will be our first Disney cruise. My kids DS 9, DS 6 and DD 4 have never cruised. I will turn 40 the day we embark.

Thanks for starting the thread!
Julie
Old 04-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #28
knan74
Kristin

Just an update...in addition to the 4 night on this one we have added the following 3 nighter as a BTB but there is absolutely no one on DIS that has said they will be on that one! There must be a lot of empty rooms...we got a concierge room for the same price as what we paid for the 4 night in a 7A which was only a couple hundred more than an inside stateroom....every category is nearly open....bizarre! We are actually doing those 7 nights on the Dream and then 7 nights in the Park. My previous record was 12 straight nights at WDW and then flying to DL (one sister was a CM at WDW and one was a CM at DL, lol) so this will be a new record....will be a Disney Zombie I'm sure

UPDATED: Aug 11 & 15- Dream BTB w/Concierge Honeymoon!

1988, 1992, 1993, 1994- Offsite--- May 1996-Contemporary (Main) --- Feb 2003- Carribbean Beach- Jamaica (Universal Dance Association National Championship) ---Jul 2005- Offsite (20th Birthday- July 4th, 2005)--- Aug 2006- Contemporary- Garden Bldg--- May 2009- All-Star Sports---Jul 2011- All-Star Music--- Aug 2011- Port Orleans French Quarter--- Dec 2011- Old Key West---Aug 2013- 4 Night Bahamas-DCL Dream---Aug 2013- USF/IoA/SW--Aug 2013- Coronado Springs (Honeymoon!!!)

Disney Sister 24- CM/DCP- WDW-May 2011- Jan 2012
Disney Sister 23- CM/DCP- WDW-May 2011- Jan 2012---DLR- Aug 2012-Present
knan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #29
MBandtheJs
Earning My Ears

Just a reminder to please email me if you want to participate in the FE. We have four families in so far. The deadline is June 3.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #30
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

I'm a little sad that we don't have more signing up
Maybe it means it won't be too crowded on board!

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: