Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Only a 3.5 hour flight from Universal Orlando!
Posts: 5,016

Pardon the Interruption, Personal question regarding Lifetime Platinum

Sorry for the interruption....

For those that received Lifetime Platinum status from Nancy Mendelson, then Executive VP of Loews, back in 2008 due to being on this board during the changes to YouFirst - Have you had any problems using it?

Haven't had a problem before but just booked and while my YouFirst status says Platinum, the reservations computer says Gold. Luckily the reservationist believed me. Just wondering if they revoked the status when Ms. Mendelson left the company. I want to avoid hassles when I check in.

If you have run into this - how and with whom did you resolve it?

PM me if you could.

Thanks!
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,329

Mine still says platinum on my account page but I haven't tried booking anything since last year.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Only a 3.5 hour flight from Universal Orlando!
Posts: 5,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Mine still says platinum on my account page but I haven't tried booking anything since last year.
Hi Damo!

That is my problem. Mendelson left Loews in 2012 and I haven't tried to book anything since she left.

When I log into my YouFirst account, it does say Platinum. However, the reservation guy (who was wonderful by the way) said it was showing me at Gold status.

He did give me a name to e-mail, so I forwarded the e-mail from Ms. Mendelson showing she granted the status. I plan on bringing the e-mail with me when I check in, so I have proof of Platinum.

I will let you know what happens.
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,329

I don't think I have this email anymore, unless I printed if off and put it away in a safe place for keeping (in which case I'll never find it!)
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Only a 3.5 hour flight from Universal Orlando!
Posts: 5,016

I woke up to an e-mail sitting in my box from the VP of reservations. He changed me back to Platinum and added a note in my account so I wouldn't run into any problems.

So, Damo, if you ever run into problems, I have the e-mail of the guy who is in charge.

This is what I LOVE about Loews. Their absolutely unbelievable customer service. The guy who made my reservation was fantastic and it goes on up to upper management.

For an executive VP to take care of one little customer's problem first thing on a Monday morning speaks volumes of how much they care about their customers. I am sure he had bigger, pressing issues to take care of after a weekend, but he took the time to fix my little problem and send me a very nice e-mail to boot.

Love Loews!!!

Loews Coronado, San Diego and the Portofino (Christmas) - here we come!
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy! View Post
I woke up to an e-mail sitting in my box from the VP of reservations. He changed me back to Platinum and added a note in my account so I wouldn't run into any problems.

So, Damo, if you ever run into problems, I have the e-mail of the guy who is in charge.

This is what I LOVE about Loews. Their absolutely unbelievable customer service. The guy who made my reservation was fantastic and it goes on up to upper management.

For an executive VP to take care of one little customer's problem first thing on a Monday morning speaks volumes of how much they care about their customers. I am sure he had bigger, pressing issues to take care of after a weekend, but he took the time to fix my little problem and send me a very nice e-mail to boot.

Love Loews!!!

Loews Coronado, San Diego and the Portofino (Christmas) - here we come!
That is reassuring to know. I certainly contact you if I have any issues. I'll probably be going again in August.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
dsmom
DIS Veteran
 
dsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 974

Hey Goofy! Dsmom here. Can you pm me the contact info? We are going in May and I no longer have my e-mail either...thanks!
dsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
yourgoingagain?
WDW and U/O AP holder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 247

Goofy

Can you give some additional explanation concerning the lifetime platinum status? I was on these boards back then and have been a platinum member but do not recall anything about getting the platinum status for life.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
__________________
"It all started with a mouse."



yourgoingagain? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Only a 3.5 hour flight from Universal Orlando!
Posts: 5,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmom View Post
Hey Goofy! Dsmom here. Can you pm me the contact info? We are going in May and I no longer have my e-mail either...thanks!
pm'd you wth the info.
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Only a 3.5 hour flight from Universal Orlando!
Posts: 5,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgoingagain? View Post
Goofy

Can you give some additional explanation concerning the lifetime platinum status? I was on these boards back then and have been a platinum member but do not recall anything about getting the platinum status for life.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
I probably stated that wrong. Being granted this status was not just because of being on the boards. For all I know others not on this board were granted it too. I did know that a few of us were granted it, so that is why I came here.

It was granted for a myriad of reasons, not just for being a member of the boards.

Hope this helps.
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
rpbert1
DIS Veteran
 
rpbert1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangor Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,968

I recieved it as well, thanks to damo sorting me out when Youfirst agents could not, or would not, Damo helped me out.
Mine still says Platinum on my account, hopefully will still be there when i return although unfortunatly will not be this year.
__________________
<a href="http://s14.photobucket.com/user/rpbert1/media/foxy/_dsc9476_1100x80_zps495f45fa.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/rpbert1/foxy/_dsc9476_1100x80_zps495f45fa.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo _dsc9476_1100x80_zps495f45fa.jpg"/></a>
rpbert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.